Cyberpunk 2077

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Definitely going to need a list of everything that gives xp for the 5 skills or else I'm going to end up missing like 10-15 perk points. When I loaded up my L50 netrunner and tried (and failed, so far) to learn how the hacking works now, I was getting netrunner xp even for stuff like killing dudes with my revolver. I had a lot of points in all 5 skills because I had maxed out almost everything when I first played that V, but it seems like it's going to be a huge pain in the ass starting fresh.

Kind of confused about what I did different with that V compared to my sandevistan melee build. The sandy one had 999+ of every crafting component, but the netrunner had jack shit for epic/legendary parts. If it's true and the main way to get high tier parts is combining/upgrading low tier, that seems like a major grind too.

And as I expected, planning cyberware is way more in need of a character builder than selecting stats and perks. It's not really confusing, there's just a ton of options, some stuff costs an extremely high amount of points, and the upgrade system is kind of weird. Hopefully it's easier to work with when you're starting at level 1, because it's massive information overload trying to retrofit a L50.

almost feels faster just zipping around with jump dash than driving haha
Didn't have time to test my melee V yet, but from what I was seeing on reddit it is faster.

On that topic, I'm a bit torn on the new driving system. Some cars feel better (Caliburn is actually great now), but others, like my old favorite the Shion Coyote feel like they got all fucked up. In the older patches the Coyote was a massive upgrade from the MZ2 that it's based on, but now it spins out of control so easy it's just like driving the base model. The top speed doesn't seem to be 198 anymore either, but on the plus(?) side it's one of the cars with hood mounted guns. All the cars are terrible at climbing hills (and by that I mean driving onto a highway via the on-ramp) and in general acceleration is just clunky as hell even on a motorcycle.

Speaking of motorcycles I wonder if Jackie's Tuned Arch now has better stats to make all the YT clickbait misinfo videos finally accurate.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Ya, netrunning you really have to plan. All the decks got changed, so the netwatch netdiver one isn’t the best anymore depending on the build you’re going with. Plus the supporting stuff like frontal cortex and even secondary stats on stuff like hands.

At max level it’s easier to figure out what to build for since you can see all the options

Vorph

Main thing I do want to test out on the L50 is whether or not monowire quickhacking is actually viable/useful. If not, I'll skip the melee stuff entirely and just focus on netrunner + smartguns.

Cybsled

One issue is the relic ability that buffs monowire quickhacks wont come out until the dlc

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Car explosions and NPCs walking into fire and dying seems to be pretty common.

Kabuki Market was a fucking Warzone when I visited. 2 trucks randomly crashed and exploded, killing the occupants. Then some dude walking down the street kept trying to path past the flaming wreckage and burned himself to death, causing people to scream they were under attack. Then a police van rolled up and straight up murdered a civilian crossing the street at a crosswalk by running over him twice.
Welcome to Night City baby!

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Would be cool if there was. Imagine stuff like GTA RP but in Night City

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How close is monowire tied to hacking?

My first play through was basically all hacking, I barely used my pistol and nothing else.

But reading up on monowire it seems its almost mostly hacking and you have a lazer wire for up close that can also induce hacks.

Wanted to go something different from hacking. Too bad it seems there is no real explosives build, just rocket luanchers, c4 and mass grenades. Maybe suicide robots/drones. Might just have to go either something like a sniper or pure melee(even if running around with a 2h mace/ katana feels so wrong in a super high tech world).

Kaines

Potato Supreme
How close is monowire tied to hacking?

My first play through was basically all hacking, I barely used my pistol and nothing else.

But reading up on monowire it seems its almost mostly hacking and you have a lazer wire for up close that can also induce hacks.

Wanted to go something different from hacking. Too bad it seems there is no real explosives build, just rocket luanchers, c4 and mass grenades. Maybe suicide robots/drones. Might just have to go either something like a sniper or pure melee(even if running around with a 2h mace/ katana feels so wrong in a super high tech world).
Corpo (Arasaka) stealth street-samurai is a pretty in-world type of character. Might be something for you to try.

Cybsled

Melee builds got some massive buffs in 2.0 and the DLC relic abilities are heavily focused on the cyber install weapons like gorilla arms, wire, mantis, launcher

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
So based on that perk/attribute builder, they're raising the lvl cap to 60 with the DLC? I also read they're adding attribute shards - I don't plan on starting a new playthrough since I never actually finished my first one and I've got a ton of weapons and materials saved up... are those shards going to be available to get an on old playthrough (I think I'm at the point of the DLC, before the final mission. Still need to do that sidequest with Silverhand as well). Anyone know if they're going to be part of quests with locations you can't return to? Because that would be annoying.

Cybsled

I’ve been finding some of the new shards on enemies and in loot containers

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So based on that perk/attribute builder, they're raising the lvl cap to 60 with the DLC? I also read they're adding attribute shards - I don't plan on starting a new playthrough since I never actually finished my first one and I've got a ton of weapons and materials saved up... are those shards going to be available to get an on old playthrough (I think I'm at the point of the DLC, before the final mission. Still need to do that sidequest with Silverhand as well). Anyone know if they're going to be part of quests with locations you can't return to? Because that would be annoying.
The devs are really pushing people to start a new game because of the patch/changes. I assume you are probably going to be behind in some aspects if you use old saves. Also, from what I have read, if you use mods on your save it could have corrupted your game in 2.0.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
The devs are really pushing people to start a new game because of the patch/changes. I assume you are probably going to be behind in some aspects if you use old saves. Also, from what I have read, if you use mods on your save it could have corrupted your game in 2.0.
I'm a PS5 pleb because I didn't have a rig even remotely capable of running CP2077 when it came out. I do now, but I'd like to actually finish the game that's nearly complete first.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Melee builds got some massive buffs in 2.0 and the DLC relic abilities are heavily focused on the cyber install weapons like gorilla arms, wire, mantis, launcher

Think the launcher will actually be worth it? I wouldn't mind trying an explosives build, but from what I read the launcher sucks.

Vorph

even attribute shards? like randomly? that seems a little ridiculous, I would've assumed those would be limited in quantity.
I think he just means the skill ones. Perk and attribute shards should be in fixed locations still. Not sure about the new ones (carrying capacity and cyberware capacity) but I would expect those are limited quantity as well.

And for people going melee, check out the revamped Berserk cyberware. Sandevistan seems completely outclassed now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Ya, one zerk makes you immune to damage . Has a long ass CD though

I found a cyberware shard on a random voodoo boy in Pacifica

• 1Like