Cyberpunk 2077

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I picked it up. Of course I have a huge house project this weekend. I have no doubt 2077 will be the root cause of my failure to stay focused this weekend.
There are worse reasons. You chose wisely.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I have been enjoying this game, but had been kind of ignoring all the cyberware stuff. Just looked at it this morning and holy fuck it feels a bit overwhelming at first glance. I am also half wondering if i should restart because I really didn't plan out my skills/perks and I am wondering if I fucked myself.

For reference as to where I am in the main story is Takemura is doing reconnaissance for the Parade Job.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I never enjoy these games all the way through without a plan. When a game first comes out, obviously you're going in blind... but once I figure out how shit works, it's off to the drawing board to start over with a plan. heh

Cybsled

I have been enjoying this game, but had been kind of ignoring all the cyberware stuff. Just looked at it this morning and holy fuck it feels a bit overwhelming at first glance. I am also half wondering if i should restart because I really didn't plan out my skills/perks and I am wondering if I fucked myself.

For reference as to where I am in the main story is Takemura is doing reconnaissance for the Parade Job.

You get a single full stat point respec per run. You can reset your talents at any time for free.

I would recommend trying to get a feel for certain playstyle types before you use your stat point respec

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

Just use cheats to reset your stuff, way better than restarting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
2077 not having a pleasant way to redo stats was honestly one of my biggest gripes.

I sorta understood in 1.X, when stats determined max skills which determined perks, but in 2.X, when everyone can max out every skill regardless of stat build, it's super inconvenient, especially to returning players walking in blind to have to rebuild their character with the correct stats on the first guess.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just started playing through this for the first time and there is a ton to take in. Lots of new unique things that I haven't encountered in other RPGs (brain dance etc...)

The only complaint I have so far are the rock paper scissors game over dialogue options. How there isn't an auto save in front of all of those is beyond me. Like I'm quick saving constantly just to not have to replay parts multiple times. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

(Just got the brain chip thing and met cyber Keanu)

Also, shotguns seem way better than other guns so far. Might have because I prefer to just barge into places and start blasting...

Edit add - pretty sure I just heard someone random radio station while driving talk about a terrorist attack and blame it on "the Republic of Texas"...so, this future is not entirely dystopian.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
The only complaint I have so far are the rock paper scissors game over dialogue options. How there isn't an auto save in front of all of those is beyond me. Like I'm quick saving constantly just to not have to replay parts multiple times. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
What are you talking about?

There are a lot of meaningful choices in the game, but never gotten a game over from them?

Closest I got was killing a character which wrecks a romance option... and there was an autosave at the start of the mission so I redid it...

Oh I also failed the entire DLC by going the wrong way and getting the secret ending...which also has an autosave before I did it...

Can you post an example?

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What are you talking about?

There are a lot of meaningful choices in the game, but never gotten a game over from them?

Closest I got was killing a character which wrecks a romance option... and there was an autosave at the start of the mission so I redid it...

Oh I also failed the entire DLC by going the wrong way and getting the secret ending...which also has an autosave before I did it...

Can you post an example?
So as I continue playing I think I might have just been dumb and been unaware that certain responses have a timer...lol

As of now my only complaint is that I don't like the angle of the camera while driving. You can adjust it manually, but it auto resets the second you let go. If I adjust the angle of the camera for a turn I'm about to take, I don't want it to reset behind me as I take the turn. I'm playing on console so maybe it's different on PC.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So as I continue playing I think I might have just been dumb and been unaware that certain responses have a timer...lol

As of now my only complaint is that I don't like the angle of the camera while driving. You can adjust it manually, but it auto resets the second you let go. If I adjust the angle of the camera for a turn I'm about to take, I don't want it to reset behind me as I take the turn. I'm playing on console so maybe it's different on PC.
I'm on console, are there not multiple camera choices? There's definitely 1st person and 3rd person, but I think there's possibly more than one 3rd person choice.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm on console, are there not multiple camera choices? There's definitely 1st person and 3rd person, but I think there's possibly more than one 3rd person choice.
I'm not talking about 1st vs 3rd person. In third person when you use the right stick to adjust the camera angle it resets to directly behind you the second you let go.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The respec thing in conjunction with Last Epoch = no logins for a week. Never feels good stopping a game you have invested time into.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Observations from much deeper into the game

Quickhacking is ridiculous. I didn't get into it until later on, but I'm almost maxed and I can clear entire areas rapidly without ever being detected. I assume this is a mandatory start point for the highest difficulty.

The motorcycle is by far the best vehicle.

The AI enhanced auto headshot pistol is massively op.

I literally crucified a guy during a quest.

Great game

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Did they revert the quickhacking nerfs then? I haven't played it since Phantom Liberty came out, but I recall a common complaint is it was hard to do "no detect quickhack clears" of areas

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they revert the quickhacking nerfs then? I haven't played it since Phantom Liberty came out, but I recall a common complaint is it was hard to do "no detect quickhack clears" of areas
No idea. I'm just playing for the first time now, so I have no idea how it compares.

But I can absolutely clear areas without being detected, and quickly.

Edit - I also don't have the dlc, so maybe the nerds come in that?

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
No idea. I'm just playing for the first time now, so I have no idea how it compares.

But I can absolutely clear areas without being detected, and quickly.

Edit - I also don't have the dlc, so maybe the nerds come in that?
nerds GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Quickhacking got the biggest nerf in 2.0 - whether you have the dlc or not, everyone is playing by the 2.0 rules.

But in 1.0, you could drop a contagion or two through a camera and completely clear out a building without seeing (even on camera) 80% of the enemies.

In 2.0, Quickhacking is still a valid strategy, but relies on getting higher rarity Sonic Shock and Memory Wipes, which knock targets off the network so they and the rest of their squad don't instantly know where you are and start firing on you. Enemies will still start tracing when they see each other's bodies, but they'll usually be dead by the time it finishes.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Observations from much deeper into the game

Quickhacking is ridiculous. I didn't get into it until later on, but I'm almost maxed and I can clear entire areas rapidly without ever being detected. I assume this is a mandatory start point for the highest difficulty.

The motorcycle is by far the best vehicle.

The AI enhanced auto headshot pistol is massively op.

I literally crucified a guy during a quest.

Great game

Yeah, bikes are by far the easiest/coolest to ride.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users