Dall-E AI image generator

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dall-E is a new AI image generator that creates completely novel images from a text prompt. Sometime the results are junk but some are amazingly accurate to the description. Sometimes it creates strangly compelling surrealistic art.

Here are a few I've had it create. Create your own at DALL·E mini - a Hugging Face Space by dalle-mini (just keep hammering it if it says too busy, it will eventually start working. Takes a minute or two to generate once it starts)

dalle1.png

dalle2.png

dalle3.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's the old version.

It produces some impressive results:

1655315764291.png

1655315773151.png

However, the new version that's coming online is ridiculous:

Check out this Twitter thread:

(There's a bunch more in the thread, I just picked out some of the better ones.)

• 5Mother of God
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Was some good discussion of this in the science thread. Happy to see it get its own thread though.

I've gotten into AI art the last year. Dalle, DiscoDiffusion, DeepDream etc, very cool stuff. There's something very other-worldly and frightening about it that is so fascinating, and the concept for a machine generating such ... contemplative looking structures via matrix multiplication is really thought provoking.

For whatever reason, getting into generating the art itself breaks down the allure of it in the opposite way that works for any other hobby I've picked up. Usually when you geti nto something you appreciate the details and depth more because you understand it. Instead of a hollandaise sauce "tasting good", you appreciate the balance of the spices, acidity and fat that can be difficult to produce without your ssauce breaking. Or whatever. Maybe I just haven't done it enough but once I pulled back the curtain all the interesting features I used to find transcendent just look like noise.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
pol.JPG

I swear... I did not make this up! its the AI! ITS ALL THE GODDAM AI!

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It seems to do better the more unique images it can find associated with a keyword.

dalle6.png
\

Try the same with Lincoln and all you get is a malformed car (presumably because there are far more Lincoln car images than there are unique ones of the president)

dalle4.png

Also, because it was the 70s

dalle5.png

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was a little concerned about this AI being the Proto-Skynet that subjugates humanity, so I was relieved when it took a while to generate a result. It isn't that advanced yet.

1655364799363.png

Oh my God, it's even freakier than the regular game

1655365170975.png

I feel like I'm tripping on acid

1655364855503.png

The AI's idea of sexy = massive knockers. Interdasting. Not really my thing but whatever.

Let's see what this nightmarish abomination predicts for our future:

1655365299991.png

"THE FUTURE IS ME. THE FUTURE IS DALL-E."

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Dall-E is cool, but for AI art I enjoy Disco Diffusion more.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users