DAOC: Origins - New Server

Sounds probable considering all the rage on the comments section of the Uthgard post announcing its closure. Lots of there veterans raging at all the people playing Origins and blaming the closure on that and such. They probably think if they can ruin Origins, Uthgard will be reopened.
Theyre not getting those 5 years of their life back though, lol

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Oh boy this lag. The mods/admins aren't even really properly "acknowledging" it on the forums. They reply, but they don't 'reply' and they just sidetrack or post more excuses. It'd be different if I didn't know they've gotten a lot of donations or if they at least acknowledged things rather than posting excuses like a childish amateur.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Found this today digging in old stuff
rrr_img_58976.jpg

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think it's built into the launcher program they have actually.

/shrug

The launcher didn't work for a while logging in so I stopped bothering with it.

Still on Hib. Lots of people rerolling from one faction to the other in search of that greener side. Hib needs many druids/bards (uber classes tbh).

Draeven_sl

shitlord
the herald is built into the launcher for sure, I usualy use portal. Im almost 50 on albion playing a reaver. wish I had rolled midgard just for the classes I love to play there, but I couldn't get my self to pound through midgard content again.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah Midgard is over pop'd during my time zone. I think they also have the easiest group comp. Basically sham + healer + any 4 melees. We can get into the Skald discussion but... you can live without considering what an extra savage/zerker brings to the table on the insta gib train.

Dat said...

Alb is back in a big way for sure. I think the Faceless pals went over there. I do suspect over the course of the year to see people flip flop factions/shuffle around and reroll based on feuds/population/play style. Hib for 1.62 in talented hands is my pick, especially when they fix keep doors to shrug off non-siege hits. Love that caster heavy realm for keep defense, you dig?

Draeven_sl

shitlord
Shroom defense was always a bitch, a handful of animists could make life a right bitch for anyone trying to take the keep they are in. albion has definaly come back and evened the playing field for sure we at one point in time had no one taking keeps etc, but jsut recently it seems things have gotten more organized and they are actually attempting to keep DF for extended periods of time etc.

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
Thanks for the heads-up on this, I just installed, trying to figure out what side to roll on. I remember Albs seemed like the only one that was really finished at launch time, Hib was super buggy. Never played much Mid until later.
rrr_img_60309.jpg

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Anyone still playing or been on the forums lately? Cody is perhaps one of the dumbest, clueless apes I have ever seen. His posts are so full of random shit and of such low intelligence and comprehension that I am convinced he is a semi-retarded drug addict. I mean it's almost hilarious, if it wasn't so sad.

In regards to the above. The server is on patch 1.62 which is when Hibernia was overpowered and most polished, but in several months/years it will move to 1.65 where ALbion was the most overpowered/balanced. But Midgard is a great bet for both. Right now, Albion is the weakest.

The GM's are absolutely retarded. A player admitted on the forums that he used a teleport/speedhack to capture a relic and they only banned him for 1 week. BUT they will permaban people for Afk Exping or saying "I hope you die of cancer" ffs

Now they are insta leveling people to 50 and giving them a shitton of money if they transfer to the underdog realm.

Its bonkers man

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's been broken last few times I've tried to play (could log in, but no mobs anywhere). If I try during the day when the devs can do something about the server being shitty I can't get in because it's full. Kind of gave up on the whole thing.

The GM's are absolutely retarded. A player admitted on the forums that he used a teleport/speedhack to capture a relic and they only banned him for 1 week. BUT they will permaban people for Afk Exping or saying "I hope you die of cancer" ffs

Now they are insta leveling people to 50 and giving them a shitton of money if they transfer to the underdog realm.

Its bonkers man
lol i got banned from the forums because i said albions were selfish in general and it had no "for the realm!" vibe to the faction

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Oh good. So bailing on this early sounds like it was the right call heh. It is the people who run these emu servers that keep me from trying more of them honestly. They don't take that hands off approach that they should once the server is running. They can't stop screwing around with shit which leads to people claiming corruption and/or incompetence.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nope. I think the server is running better and better all the time. The effort they've put into stabilizing things has shown.

As far as the transfers for i50s and gold, I applaud them. They're giving people a chance to balance out the realms.

Finally, the Albs had the relic and the teleporters weren't working as the server was counting down. Albs were clearly going to end up owning the relic, but the server stopped them. The guy got pissed off and hacked it for the Albs. If you ask me, they handled that pretty well too.

Young_sl

shitlord
If you are looking to start up in DAoC again it is about to get a lot of love from Broadsword.. I fired up my account on the weekend and there was over 2000 playing with all the old things we loved to do, 100+ person zerg from each realm taking keeps, a lot of 8 mans running around, solo/small man action around the bridges. Every Bg on Alb side had over 50 people in it, I ran around Molvik for a little bit and the action was insane. Definitely a big population boost of old timers since BS took over.

The gear is very confusing now but they have made it fairly easy to build a competitive template including handing out updated gear for any lvl 50 in the throne room of your major city. They are apparently working on an updated item database for the main site with an interactive spell crafting calculator.

Worth keeping an eye on if you are craving a fix. It definitely isn't the same game, but it isn't nearly as warped as say UO is..

moontayle

Golden Squire
Broadsword ???
New studio formed with the purpose of focusing on DAoC.

Friends and realm-mates,

For more than twelve years Mythic Entertainment's flagship game: Dark Age of CamelotT has been remarkably successful. Since its launch in 2001, DAoC forever changed the MMO genre.

Inspiring thousands of gamers and game developers alike, it paved the way for a generation of MMOs to follow. Through the years, Camelot has also seen its share of rough times - but thanks to its many loyal fans and its wonderful and dedicated community, Dark Age of Camelot has proven to be a true survivor. In recent months, Mythic's leadership began discussing the question of Camelot's future. Councils were convened, options were discussed - and finally, a decision was made regarding the best possible future for Dark Age of Camelot.

I write to you now with news of the exciting next chapter in the life and history of our beloved game:

Mythic Entertainment co-founder Rob Denton and a number of Mythic veterans (including two members of Camelot's original team!) have formed a new game studio - Broadsword Online Games!

Broadsword Online Games will partner with EA's Mythic Entertainment to operate, support and develop Dark Age of Camelot on EA's behalf. Electronic Arts will continue to provide billing and account services through its OriginT portal. Broadsword and Electronic Arts will work closely together to ensure a bright future for Dark Age of Camelot. For future inquiries and support, you can contact[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */.

There are sure to be many questions, and we will certainly be providing more information very soon. But for now please join us in celebrating this momentous event, and spread the word that the Broadsword team will guide Dark Age of Camelot into the future with renewed dedication and the utmost respect.

Faithfully yours,

Talal Saad
Producer
Dark Age of Camelot