DAOC: Origins - New Server

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
Kinda looking forward to the Uthgard reboot more than playing on Origins, to be honest. Origins is classic DAOC and that's cool, but Uthgard has always been a much more professionally ran experience. Not sure how long it'll take for Uthgard to re-launch but hopefully they get their pop back and I'll probably go back over.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Uthgard too empty during US prime times, didn't have 1300 pop in recent history.

Felt like it was a bunch of arranged duels/fights and no1 was invited to it lol.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
Uthgard too empty during US prime times, didn't have 1300 pop in recent history.

Felt like it was a bunch of arranged duels/fights and no1 was invited to it lol.
That's why they're rebooting it.

Uthgard used to have a pop like that about a year ago.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Low level battlegrounds <3
rrr_img_58355.jpg

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Looks like you got the UI figured out. Really digging the larger boxes for healing.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
I love it when I am in a group that is fighting red/purple mobs and gaining a level every 15-20 min but they feel the need to spend 30-40 min running to a new location that they THINK will be better and then everyone leaves. I call it "every group ever."

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Server is still down, right? They don't say much on their website and I've heard rumors that sometimes you can log in through other means than the launcher.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's up. I have never tried to use the launcher. They have a "how to long in" post on the forums. DL the DAoCPortal v2.8c. I am pretty sure that is what everyone uses.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Have a link by chance?

Nevermind got it figured out. It's silly that they don't mention it on the front page.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I think its whole purpose is to give you big easly to see and click blocks. The default minigroup window is horrible.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Ohhh I think it is the big green thing in my screenshot up there. I was trying to toggle it and getting nothing but I guess it was just because I didn't have a group.

This server's up-time has been horrible the past 3-4 days. It seems like there is only one staff member that knows wtf he is doing. The rest of the staff just stays quiet until their great master awakens from his eurosleep.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Skrigg, I hear you're a faggot killing grey's. Grow some balls and go fight the big boys that will actually give you RPs.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So can you or can you not use another login from another shard to get into Origins? I seem to recall some of you talking about doing something like that the other day when the login was down? I haven't opened DAOCPortal in over a year. I did so and I saw Origins, so I tried to login just for the hell of it, but of course it didn't work and I got stopped on the loading screen. So I went and downloaded the patch from Origins, put it in the right directory and still no dice. It says "No record of user found". Is that because I'm trying to use the account name that I registered for Uthgarrde or Dawn of Light for Origins? Do I have to wait for the Admins to send me a confirmation E-Mail for the account name I registered with on the Origins forums? How long does that usually take? Been waiting over an hour.

Also, another problem might be my Portal. Any idea why my DAOCPortal is trying to do an update (0/5) but failing because it says I "might need to give it Administrator rights". My Windows user is an admin. I can log into Eden, for example, so I think my Portal is fine. I think I just have to wait for an Origins username? Anything else I need to do to get this working and make my old setup for Uthgaarde compatible? Can't find a setup guide on the Origins site and can't login to the forums yet. Thanks for the help.

Your client needs to say 1.09 on the loading screen

Need to use the same login you use on the forums for logging through portal

Need to setup account (pickin realm) on the forums before u can log in the server

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Your client needs to say 1.09 on the loading screen

Need to use the same login you use on the forums for logging through portal

Need to setup account (pickin realm) on the forums before u can log in the server
Yeah I finally got a confirmation E-Mail. But I'm still getting "No Record for User Found" on the Loading Screen at 95% loading. And then I get "The client could not connect to the server specified. Either it is not online, or you used a wrong ip/port. If these are not the reason, you may try to update your client to an EU version, as this error is also displayed if the client is not supported by the server. Ping google.com: success"

So I clicked "Create Game Account" on the Origins website? Is that the one you mean? I got "Online game registration is currently disabled, please try again later." Any way around that?

Says 1.109 on Loading screen. Correct? Or is that different from 1.09? I patched the .dll that I was using for Uthgaarde a year ago. If I have the wrong game.dll, where do I get the right one? or should I just start a fresh install/patch?