DAOC: Origins - New Server

Yeah I finally got a confirmation E-Mail. But I'm still getting "No Record for User Found" on the Loading Screen at 95% loading.

So I clicked "Create Game Account" on the Origins website? Is that the one you mean? I got "Online game registration is currently disabled, please try again later." Any way around that?

Says 1.109 on Loading screen. Correct? Or is that different from 1.09? I patched the .dll that I was using for Uthgaarde a year ago. If I have the wrong game.dll, where do I get the right one? or should I just start a fresh install/patch?
Yeah 1.109

Lots of traffic so they might have capped account creation, dont know

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah 1.109

Lots of traffic so they might have capped account creation, dont know
But that's definitely the only route? Clicking "Create Game Account" on the website? The message I get seems to suggest there are other means? Fuck I want to play. This server seems to be exploding. 1200 people at 12pm PST on a Thursday? Granted I'm in London so it's 7pm for me and I'm sure there is a decent Euro playerbase? that's still quite a good pop. Everyone's complaining about there being too many people, but in the end, that's a good thing. I just hope there new server allows a higher cap soon so the server can reach its full potential.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
But that's definitely the only route? Clicking "Create Game Account" on the website? The message I get seems to suggest there are other means? Fuck I want to play. This server seems to be exploding. 1200 people at 12pm PST on a Thursday? Granted I'm in London so it's 7pm for me and I'm sure there is a decent Euro playerbase? that's still quite a good pop. Everyone's complaining about there being too many people, but in the end, that's a good thing. I just hope there new server allows a higher cap soon so the server can reach its full potential.
You are doing the correct thing by trying to create a game account, but it's been disabled for the last week as they try to get through the server issues. You basically create a forum account, login with the forum account you created, and then click the create game account button to get a game account created and linked to your forum account. The demand for this server is way higher than they expected and they are trying to throttle back on the amount of people hammering the login servers while they get the servers stable.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Really fucking annoying they said game account creation would be up yesterday and it's not and they won't even respond or acknowledge all the people asking about it. What are another 30 people gonna do? Christ. This server does seem to be being run by a couple of amateurs. Cody's posts are embarrassingly unprofessional and attention seeking and doing some reading the server has way, way more bugs than people actually realize. I hope the server remains strong, but my gut tells me once the hype dies down the server will die in flames and Uthgarde will come back. Really I just hope ANY of them do well and right now it doesn't really look that way with how Origins is being run and Uthgarde taken down in a raging panic.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I may head to Uthgard on their reboot. Supposedly thats a better server/admin setup although I never played there.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Origins doesn't seem worth it. Between the server performance, admins turning a blind eye to exploits and the general asshatery of the player base it just doesn't feel like live did. Maybe the Uthgard reboot will do a better job.

Origins doesn't seem worth it. Between the server performance, admins turning a blind eye to exploits and the general asshatery of the player base it just doesn't feel like live did. Maybe the Uthgard reboot will do a better job.
Gotta say albion attitude in general is a big turn off, where nobody will bother to tell you where the RvR action is most of the times. Theres no "for the realm!" vibe to it

I have 3 50s and bored already, keep whackamole, is that all there is to end game? We need a modern sandbox with more things to do already XD

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I fucking hate this god damn server and I haven't even played on it yet. It's such a clusterfuck run by such amateurs. Finally game account creation is back up ON THE WEEKENDS, of all times, so it's effectively worthless because there's too many players online. How long does it usually take of spam clicking trying to log on to get in successfully?

Sweet after ages of spamming login, I got on. I got to kill 2 mobs before I went LD and then couldn't get back on again because it was full. Welcome to Origins, right?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I kill everything that gives me rps. You don't like it? Get the fuck out of the RvR zone.
Haha whats up Skrigg! Apologies about the ghosting confusion the other night. In my defense:

1. I was fucking hammered

2. We were getting chain rolled for a few hours

Anyhow, look forward to see ya out there again

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Gotta say albion attitude in general is a big turn off, where nobody will bother to tell you where the RvR action is most of the times. Theres no "for the realm!" vibe to it

I have 3 50s and bored already, keep whackamole, is that all there is to end game? We need a modern sandbox with more things to do already XD
Yea, met a few cool people... but a lot of shitty people too

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Is it possible to play on the weekends or is this just an exceptionally laggy weekend? It's not just me either, everyone in chat is complaining. it's near unplayable.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Is it possible to play on the weekends or is this just an exceptionally laggy weekend? It's not just me either, everyone in chat is complaining. it's near unplayable.
Performance has been consistently poor. This is par for the course unfortunately

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nah the lag we're getting right now is totally different from anything I've seen.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Nah the lag we're getting right now is totally different from anything I've seen.
So it's worse than ever right now? Yeah I swapped back to my Mac partition to play Hearthstone. Which sucks because I was having a great time. I got in a full group and we were leveling fast and getting to know one another and making plans for the rest of the night on where to level. But chain DC and lag was just not fun.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Pretty sure the lead dev confirmed they are dealing with DoS attacks which is why things will be running along smoothly for a bit and then suddenly just shit out.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure the lead dev confirmed they are dealing with DoS attacks which is why things will be running along smoothly for a bit and then suddenly just shit out.
Sounds probable considering all the rage on the comments section of the Uthgard post announcing its closure. Lots of there veterans raging at all the people playing Origins and blaming the closure on that and such. They probably think if they can ruin Origins, Uthgard will be reopened.

Sounds probable considering all the rage on the comments section of the Uthgard post announcing its closure. Lots of there veterans raging at all the people playing Origins and blaming the closure on that and such. They probably think if they can ruin Origins, Uthgard will be reopened.
Theyre not getting those 5 years of their life back though, lol