DAOC: Origins - New Server

Tonic_sl

shitlord
If BG's are the same as live, the best way to level will be through there for sure. Granted most of the XP came from quest turn ins, but the RP's are too important to miss out on.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Index pagelogin and create account(yes you have to do it again) also took about 3 attempts over 15 mins before it went through. They are just being hammered.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm pretty bad to put out a new launcher right now and have to update that through their hammered connection before being able to play.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hmm.. can't click 'Continue' after you make your character. Anyone else having this issue?
NM

Sorry, you won't be able to create your characters until the servers open for launch on January 16 at 18:00 CET

So it they should be up just getting hammered I imagine.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's good and bad. Hopefully I will be able to log in and play after work, but I really can't complain too much if their sever is capped. It's a free game after all. Will definitely be disappointed if I can't but I doubt they can afford the bandwidth for several hundred concurrent users either. Will post on here if I am able to get in and lay tonight.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
The guy who runs it just broadcasted that he'll be increasing the pop limit as soon as possible.

So far so good.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
Did three newbie quests. Two were broken as fuck.

Got my Healer to level 12 in about 3 hours of grouping with random people. Don't solo, the group bonus is absolutely insane.

Mob drops are pretty high as well. I haven't seen any "cash loot" (bear asses that you can go back and sell), everything seems to just drop coin. But mobs that have special drops drop stuff very often. There are some hobgoblin snake-finders outside that other town near mularn that dropped a bunch of Oily Snake Belts (or whatever they're called). They sold for about 22 silver each which set me up for some pretty good early cash.

Also, Nisse's (first Midgard dungeon) has no fucking mobs in it whatsoever. Uthgard may not have SI, but at least they got their basic classic shit finished before moving on to an expansion.

One last thing, Albion starts with DF defaulted to them. That's kinda fucked up. Should have given access to either all 3 realms or none of the realms until someone actually took a keep.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Highly recommend you get to 10 as soon as possible and join a Battlegroup (BG) for the frontiers as the group, camp, outpost, frontier, etc. bonuses are insane. Multiple groups can tag the same mobs too for the exp. Do not quest if you're looking to level fast.

Reiker beat me to it.
smile.png

Don't worry about DF..we're going to be taking that bitch real soon.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
Highly recommend you get to 10 as soon as possible and join a Battlegroup (BG) for the frontiers as the group, camp, outpost, frontier, etc. bonuses are insane. Multiple groups can tag the same mobs too for the exp. Do not quest if you're looking to level fast.

Reiker beat me to it.
smile.png

Don't worry about DF..we're going to be taking that bitch real soon.
You mean the battlegrounds, right? Maybe I can convince my PUG to go there after the server comes back up. Are you playing Midgard?