DAOC: Origins - New Server

Gecko_sl

shitlord
So, I only played DAOC like a handful of hours before quitting in 2003 or 2004.

Heretic vs. Cleric at this patch of the game, what's the opinion? No idea if I'll actually stick with it this time either, but I'll check it out. I like going around healing / buffing people / being useful in RvR. Heretic is easier to level solo from what I gather. I would have to assume heretic is more DPS with less healing, or something.
Heretic isn't around in SI:

The classes | Daoc Origins

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Doh. Well that answers that question. I was just reading a link posted above and saw it. So I guess the only real healer is cleric for albion then, and friar to a lesser extent.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If you are going to play Alb on this server I don't care what class you roll, all will be invited to my groups. I really hope everyone else agrees so we can focus on fun and community.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
What are they going to do about the rampant use of radar?
Put an invisible player on the screen and watch Mid Ubergroup head right for it. Ban. Rinse. Repeat.

Hatorade, sounds like a plan. I just hope we can get a good small group to play for a few months.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I'll roll a Cleric/Sorc/Anything really depending on what the group would prefer.
We have no idea how many people will play, or last. Clerics, Mercs, and Minstrels all stack nicely.

Delicate, if you are going to play with us, would you mind updating the first post of this thread with people, playtimes, preferred classes, and interest level. If not we can make a new thread.

Gecko - Albion Sorcerer.
Playtime is 7 PM to 11 PM EST Mon-Thur, Noon to 8 PM Sat and Sunday.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hatorade - Albion Merc
8PM central to late most days.

You can type /server in game to get a complete count of total population. Then from your realm just type /who and that will give you total count of your realm.
The launcher they use also shows the population(not sure if accurate)

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I really want to play a friar, but I might try an armsman since I think they'll be pretty good in this patch environment?

DMBTylerWSP_sl

shitlord
Not sure on the name but I'll probably go with Whitemage or something - Albion Cleric
7-10 PM central and shoddy hours on/off during the day.

We have no idea how many people will play, or last. Clerics, Mercs, and Minstrels all stack nicely.

Delicate, if you are going to play with us, would you mind updating the first post of this thread with people, playtimes, preferred classes, and interest level. If not we can make a new thread.

Gecko - Albion Sorcerer.
Playtime is 7 PM to 11 PM EST Mon-Thur, Noon to 8 PM Sat and Sunday.
Hmm better have someone who knows will stick for a long time start the thread. I think ill have fun but heh. Yeah ill be joining the rerolled alb fun wagon

Thanks for all the merc info btw (So much info to take in lol i think crush merc is what i was suggested on uthgard because it had some special ability? like dual wield crush, is that nice for 1.62?)

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'm torn between Scout, Theurgist, and Friar. Yes, I understand none of those are "desired" classes but I've never been one to go down the road less traveled. I played a Minstrel for a year and a half after release but these were three I was always interested in as an alternative.

Will be Moontayle and likely evenings, though the actual hours will vary.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might give this a try.Will need to read up on classes, I was only midgard on release when I played.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I'm getting massive graphical lag despite the fact I have a pretty modern system. Nearly unplayable. Whenever I try to turn around in circles and look in other directions the FPS drops down to nothing. Turned all the graphics settings to low as possible, no difference. Weird. All updated drivers, too, brand new Windows installation as of a few weeks ago.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
BTW some classes autotrain weapon skills that are low, so sometimes people will do an unwanted weapon type to 20, keep it or spec to a second unwanted type to 40, then spec to their final at 40. Or wait till 50 and use a respec stone. I think it gets you a few extra skill points to spend.

I never had to mess with any of that so I may be completely wrong.

Also I think mercenaries with stabby weapons were good because of a dragonfang style. And stabby was good vs chain?

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Does anyone know if they're using the current DAoC interface or if they actually found a way to force the interface from way back then? There's a lot of stuff enabled by the new interface that you couldn't do with the old. Swapping from S/S to 2H with one button press is the most important one I can think of.

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm assuming its the new one since I could swap from sword and board to 2hander with the N and B keys but never played Daoc before so somebody else may know for sure.