DAoC: Uthgaard - Open Beta May 7th

Discussion in 'MMORPG General Discussion' started by Strifen, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Strifen Active Member

Strifen
    Ratings:
    +91
    I've been checking up on Uthgard ever since they shut the servers down and it looks like the 1.65 remake is headed into open beta.

https://uthgard.org/

2. tkon New Member

tkon
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really enjoyed this server when it was out previously. Sucks I lost my Nightshade, but I guess it was all for the better.

3. Kharza-kzad_sl shitlord

Kharza-kzad_sl
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fun! I actually re-upped regular daoc last week just to run around a little. Still a gigantic pain to get the controls right, but fun.

4. Ichu Active Member

Ichu
    Ratings:
    +65
    Any idea if they are just going to stick to the classic geography, or do they plan on putting out the expansion content?

5. Troll_sl shitlord

Troll_sl
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nnngh. I may have to roll up on this.

6. Strifen Active Member

Strifen
    Ratings:
    +91
    Updated main post with Relaunch video. That DAOC theme music.. hit me right in the nostalgia feels. Going to be rolling Hibernia.

One of the best parts about Uthgard is no buff bots/2 boxing. Creates a proper community when you have to actually rely on other people to get things done.

7. Duskoy_sl shitlord

Duskoy_sl
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whats a good melee for Hibernia?

8. Strifen Active Member

Strifen
    Ratings:
    +91
    I would say Blademaster or Hero.

9. Tenks Well-Known Member

Tenks
    Ratings:
    +219
    If your focus is gank squad you'll need a LW user to use their behind-the-target mega stun I think you get at spec 50. Its been forever since I played but I think that is off Hero and Champion. But I don't think Champions are quite as free to spec 50 into their weapon as Hero. If you're looking for solo that is obviously Nightshade. No clue if this server allows buff bots but if they do you'll need to roll a multi-box Druid as well if you plan on doing Nightshade solo stuff.

10. Nirgon YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE DONOR

Nirgon
    Ratings:
    +442
    I hear they finally got animists, bone dancers etc working

Animist was pure lawls and quite a class

11. Tenks Well-Known Member

Tenks
    Ratings:
    +219
    Is this game with SI + NF or no New Frontiers?

12. Duskoy_sl shitlord

Duskoy_sl
    Ratings:
    +0
    No buff bots allowed, I think using patch 1.65 and the Old RA's. I only played DAOC briefly (midgard) but would not mind playing this as I have nothing else to play at the moment

13. Morrow Well-Known Member

Morrow
    Ratings:
    +105
    Super excited for this. It's been a long wait. DAOC Origins/Genesis server was shit. Hopefully the beta doesn't last super long.

14. Strifen Active Member

Strifen
    Ratings:
    +91
    Most Hib groups on Uthgard would run BM and hero over a champ. BM was definitely the most wanted meele for RvR groups and then hero.

15. Nirgon YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE DONOR

Nirgon
    Ratings:
    +442
    They had a mix of things and would get rid of something or bring it back.

Some of the PvE mobs like Megalodon were cool. Not sure if classic or era appropriate tbh, I'm not the DAoC beard around these parts so much.

Server was good and no buff bots is the best system imo, but it really turned into a private 8v8 club and I could never find any real kind of mass pvp. Just people taking their ball and going home if they lost... or even won (gg no re)... Quite a grind for max level and a full template just to run into that again. If the community changes and allows mass pvp / doesn't play this "pleb" denial shit from realm points, it will be great. I mean what did they have to ever prove, these top dudes would stomp groups every single time regardless of their realm rank. Just some retarded shit I guess. I'd only play a stealther here if I did play[​IMG].

16. Tenks Well-Known Member

Tenks
    Ratings:
    +219
    I know Champions were never ideal for gank groups but what were they using the BM for? His side style? I know back when I played it was pretty common to run multiple heroes. You'd just have your Bard AoE Mezz, Eldritch to baseline stun the target and the Hero to follow up with his 50 style line to perform the follow up stun. I don't even remember group sizes correctly but I thought it was like Bard, Warden, Hero, Eldritch, Druid were the mandatory roles and then you could double up or flex some roles. I remember BMs being used in the flex role for their side stun but I never recalled them being a mandatory addition.

17. Fierlen New Member

Fierlen
    Ratings:
    +2
    If the are using the old Realm Abilities, everyone will run Blademasters, Berserkers and Mercenaries because the Charge RA which coupled with Determinations makes them pretty much immune to CC. Charge gives CC immunity as well as the equivalent of run 3(?) plus sprint for 10 to 15 seconds.

18. Nirgon YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE DONOR

Nirgon
    Ratings:
    +442
    half ogre merc with charge makes me want this vidya again

19. Strifen Active Member

Strifen
    Ratings:
    +91
    Its been a while but I recall a lot of Hib groups rolling with 2x BMs. One with 50CD-42-Shield-39-pierce, 42 shield so you can slam and protect your casters, and follow up with an easy side chain. Or BM with 50 CD, 39blade/pierce. Swapping out your pierce and blade weapon depending on what type of target you're assisting on. The light tanks do a crapload of damage.

Pretty much exactly why I quit playing. I will only be playing if the sever draws a large enough population and not the same ~500 online elitist euro fuckheads.

20. Nirgon YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE DONOR

Nirgon
    Ratings:
    +442
    But lets not hate on the stealth game play and "adding" on their gay lil fights, that's worth playing if you're looking for something