Dark and Light (a decade later)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hahahahaha some goblins knocked him out at night and stole freakin everything. Even took all his armor. It was totally dark and he was hungry and now he's running around trying to find his stuff.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I heard it is Ark type game, not MMO. so pass...

Yeah, this really has become one of my least favorite genres. The whole you build it and they destroy it while you're offline thing has to go. Also, thousands of servers with no shared progression between them just makes everything seem absolutely pointless to me.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The shear magnitude and size of a world needed to support all players would have to be insane. This isnt the game, nor the team, to do that. But the game looks nice enough to piddle around in for a little while. If they fixed all the lag, it would be fun with friends.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've had some serious old everquest like moments the past few days. Log in in my house, step outside and it's like all the hells had emptied in my front yard. I'm jumping around trying to get back in my door and getting pushed around and juggled eventally go flying off the cliff edge that's 20 feet from my door, falling to my death.

Since I'm barely out of town it takes me like 20 seconds to run back and my body is already gone. No goblins in the area, nothing, just gone.

Go back home to regear and the aforementioned hordes of hell come charging in before I can close the door. E E EE EE EEEEEE no not the door frame the door dammit!

I'm trying to loot stuff out of chests to regear and getting the crap beat out of me, meanwhile the hellhordes are smashing everything in sight. They destroyed a table and 2 chairs, 3 chests full of gear, a few walls, a bed, campfire, and cookpot. I had to just run off and punch bushes to get enough stuff to heal up and make a spell to fight with.

They've clearly never tested their game online because server side everything only works on a lan. It's great at cheat prevention but you actually have to run ahead of something running away to hit it. I don't see them changing it this late either. Unreal's replication system is utterly confusing and inconsistent. And I say that being good friends with the guy that wrote it. Maybe I'm just stupid but I have a really tough time with it.

The mark of a good combat system for me is that when you are defeated you feel like you made a mistake and learn from it and improve. In this I've yet to have a death that wasn't total bullshit. Either I get stuck on a tree, or pushed into something and pinned and stuck in a jump animation, or I'm in inventory and a goblin starts beating on me and the whole game won't respond during the fancy little transitions they do between UI screens.

I know all that sounds bad but I'm really having fun haha. It's painful but hilariously fun.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user