Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3...

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Nameless King was 2 tries for me, but somehow the fucking Pontiff Sulyvahn was a big problem for me, however that may have been the PVP aspect where i would continually be invaded and not be full health on any of my tries.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Abyss watchers were the first major cockblock for me, just didnt have a fast weapon for second phase and got wrecked repeatedly. Sulyvahn also gave me problems, and of course nameless king. I find it interesting how people find different bosses difficult, any boss with 3-4 combos fucks me because i always get impatient and dont wait the combo out or try to snipe an extra hit instead of just doing one and get punished for it .

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
99% of my deaths are me being greedy with hits. I just can't help myself sometimes.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Nameless King was 2 tries for me, but somehow the fucking Pontiff Sulyvahn was a big problem for me, however that may have been the PVP aspect where i would continually be invaded and not be full health on any of my tries.

QFFT. I beat almost every boss in less than 4 tries (probably because I was over leveled); but Pontiff took me in excess of 30 tries. I thought I was never going to beat him. Now I watch streamers own him and it just doesn't even seem like the same fight.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
QFFT. I beat almost every boss in less than 4 tries (probably because I was over leveled); but Pontiff took me in excess of 30 tries. I thought I was never going to beat him. Now I watch streamers own him and it just doesn't even seem like the same fight.

I had a REAL problem with rolling into the fucking walls with that fight.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Nameless King gave me some problems Aldrich arrow rain surprised me but once you figure out how to dodge it's pretty laughable..

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Nameless King gave me some problems Aldrich arrow rain surprised me but once you figure out how to dodge it's pretty laughable..
Yeah, I watched some videos on people dodging through the arrows and was just like, 'God dammit'.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Dark Souls 3 DLC, The next Dark Souls under a different name, and probably some shitty mobile game.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Saddens me its unlikely bloodborne will get no further expansion in such a rich world and because its my favourite game of all time, slightly ahead of DS1. I do think the formula is getting a little repetitive however, I never really seemed to hit my stride in DS3 and find a point where I was like 'this is really really fun', which happened in DS1/2 once I found weapons and equip loads that suited me. Just can't seem to get that in DS3, even though Ive played it through twice now. Not sure if its me just not getting the right stats/wep combination so far, but it just hasn't clicked the way the other games did.

I hope their next game is still RPGish rather than something like armored core.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I actually think Sony holds the rights too Bloodborne, so we might see something eventually but it won't be FROM Software(I am not absolutely sure on this really)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I actually think Sony holds the rights too Bloodborne, so we might see something eventually but it won't be FROM Software(I am not absolutely sure on this really)
No, FROM owns the rights to every game in the series. Sony holds publishing rights to Demon's Souls and Bloodborne, but they can't just make a new version of either game if they wanted to.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
No, FROM owns the rights to every game in the series. Sony holds publishing rights to Demon's Souls and Bloodborne, but they can't just make a new version of either game if they wanted to.

You might want too do some research on who actually owns these IP's ....

FROM Software is literally a contract developer, yes lately they have let Miyazaki run wild with Bloodborne/Souls, but they don't own the actual IP rights to these games....

Demon Souls is owned by SCEI, distributed in Asia by them, European distribution was handled by Bandai-Namco, States distribution handled by Atlus

Dark Souls is owned by Bandai-Namco

Bloodborne owned by SCEI, Joint effort by FROM and STUDIO Japan(Sony), even though FROM did most of the work on it, Sony bank rolled the whole project.

Last edited:

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So recently I played through DSR. It was my first time playing any of the souls games. Elden Ring was my first FromSoft game.

Anyway, I found my play through to be very frustrating and then very rewarding. The worst part was when I managed to get stuck in the Tomb of Giants at a very low level. I was weak and and had no light source and it literally took me 10 hours of gameplay to get the fuck out. It is the closest to feeling like Helen Keller I have and ever will experience in my life. At one point I contemplated quitting or at least rerolling, but my pride and ego pushed me through.

So after I beat that DSR I started DSII, and this game just fucking sucks in comparison to DSR. The controls feel so different from DSR and ER that I honestly want to quit and just play DS3. Its funny how I feel this need to beat DS2 at least once for one of because of this this weird idea in my head that I have to experience it because reasons. Like my gaming resume really matters, it is a weird almost fomo feeling. I guess the GitGud really calls at me deep down.

So basically I am torn, should I just power through DS2? or should I just move on to DS3? or should I play Lords of the Fallen because it just launched and playing games at launch at the same time as board members is really fun?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user