Dark Souls 2

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bearer of the curse
Seek souls...
Seek the king...
Lest this land swallow you whole

Man, I'd love to have that emerald chick read an audio book to me. What a crystal clear voice.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, bonfire ascetics don't just reset the level up a few notches in difficulty as i had understood. They reset everything - including loot and chests. I just discovered this today on my newish sorcerer char after 117 hours of combined gameplay. This is making me smile again in this game. Almost as much as switching to sorcerer from melee has done. ☺

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So, bonfire ascetics don't just reset the level up a few notches in difficulty as i had understood. They reset everything - including loot and chests. I just discovered this today on my newish sorcerer char after 117 hours of combined gameplay. This is making me smile again in this game. Almost as much as switching to sorcerer from melee has done. ☺

Fun part is farming The Rotten over and over, and skipping Sinner's Rise/Iron Keep/Tseldora makes the game easier for getting the platinum..

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God damn this DLC is tough in spots. The Iron Keep has been making me wear a dress and call it daddy; it's humiliating. Found myself neutered completely as a sorcerer when I got hit by some spell that makes you behave like you are in molasses. Coupled with getting hit by a spell that disables casting. Couldn't move/roll which is my main defense without armor. Couldn't cast anything from all three staffs/chime. Then got gang raped by possessed warrior's. That's what I get for not bringing a knife to a knife fight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man have I fucked up not having a backup melee weapon. Have gone through the whole game as a caster without needing one, but this Iron Keep in the dlc is ruining me. Anyone have any advice for a decent weapon that works in this section of the game against these assholes and that godamn blue smelter faggot?

I have such low hand and skull with this build that every sword/axe/hammer I've looked at seems out of reach without a huge respec. Guess I'm hoping there's a weapon that can be infused - but not magic as that's useless here - with low requirements in those areas.

Any advice? Besides git gud, lol. Thanks y'all.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks, guys. I laughed when I realized these were available right in Majula all along! I'm trying both. Practicing with the rapier now in the camp at Brightstone Cove. Can get seven consecutive hits on those pigs (ascetic'd) before i run out of stamina. Nice.

Fedor

<Banned>
Thanks, guys. I laughed when I realized these were available right in Majula all along! I'm trying both. Practicing with the rapier now in the camp at Brightstone Cove. Can get seven consecutive hits on those pigs (ascetic'd) before i run out of stamina. Nice.

If you're a pure int sorcerer then make sure to infuse it with magic (not enchanted) and then apply your best magic weapon buff on top of it.

You can also get slightly more range from two handing it.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys weren't kidding. The buff'd mace and the rapier are saving my life. As per your advice Fedor, I put the infused rapier/mace in one hand and the staff in the other, then used Crystal Magic Weapon spell on them. Devestating.

Also switched away from wisdom staff temporarily as the height of the castings was killing me with too many close quarter misses. The Black Witch staff and then either mace/rapier is pretty badass in the right environment.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally finished that heinous level with the Blue Smelter Demon. Dark infused Rapier to the rescue! I am a happy mofo. Thanks again, guys.

thx.png

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is that Glenn Close?

Finally someone appreciates the time i spent creating a Glenn Close sorceress. Wasn't easy capturing the subtleties of beauty hidden within her angelic face, using just the character builder. But I triumphed regardless!

wtf, lol.

article-0-1A20262E000005DC-72_634x708.jpg

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally! Finally finished the game.

I guess I'd say in the end it was pretty good. Certainly got my money's worth considering I spent a couple hundred hours in that world. But it was missing that cool factor for me. Seemed disjointed. I fucking loved Bloodborne as my first Souls experience. DS2 was weak compare to that, imo.

Thanks to all for the advice! And fair warning that I will now be annoying you regularily in the DS3 forum. What amazing timing that DS3 goes on sale on PSN with the seasons pass within a week or so of me completing DS2. Jesus loves me, yes I know.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Return to Drangleic starts this weekend. Come join the fun.

• 1Like