Dark Souls 2

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey, thanks man.

I'm gonna try that when I get home. You make a good point in that I'm probably over driving the controller and needlessly moving the right stick when I think in hindsight, lock actually rotates your character automatically so, as you say, just leave it alone. Or don't use lock at all, which I've only ever really done in boss fights where it's often harder to fight with it on.

Perhaps my controller will survive the night after all.

And I see in doing some wiki reading that Hidetaka didn't work on DS2! Man, i had no idea. Which likely adds a lot of credence to your opinion of DS2 in relation to the others in the series. Thinking I bought the wrong one.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
how many estus flask shards and sublime bone dusts have you found at this point?

More than i need. I don't think I've ever really run out. I meant i cant break my habit of immediately attacking after getting hit hard, expecting a regain bump to sustain me. Then I don't back away far enough after I'm in trouble, and get whacked while i sip slowly from a flask.

Fedor

<Banned>
you can get a ring of the evil eye +1 in the majula pit that heals you for 50 hp every time you kill something

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I found Bloodborne stupidly hard compared to DkS1-3...

Its only hard up until you get past Father G and get to the Ludwigs Sword selling in the shop. Whole game is a giant face roll after that point. To be fair, though, DS3 really did not have anything absurdly hard in the last half of the game, if you ignored the optional content. The two snow dogs at the end of the third DS2 DLC remains the biggest fuck you fight of the entire franchise.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
DS3 didn't have anything really hard period.

Hardest fucking boss in the game was dancer, and you just had to learn her odd rhythm to be able to win.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Its only hard up until you get past Father G and get to the Ludwigs Sword selling in the shop. Whole game is a giant face roll after that point. To be fair, though, DS3 really did not have anything absurdly hard in the last half of the game, if you ignored the optional content. The two snow dogs at the end of the third DS2 DLC remains the biggest fuck you fight of the entire franchise.

Bloodborne's DLC bosses are some of the hardest shit in the whole series (excluding Emissaries). I can't think of anything in DS1,2,3 I died to more than Orphan or Ludwig.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The dragon rider in 3 and twin snow dogs were massively harder. Also the fume knight was pretty hard solo.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
The dragon rider in 3 and twin snow dogs were massively harder. Also the fume knight was pretty hard solo.

Yeah I found fume knight one of the hardest fights, but also the most rewarding especially helping other people do it not getting hit once and watching them insta-explode.

Hardest boss for me in the whole series was Ebrietas from BB, something about the way she hits just made her very very difficult for me and I still avoid her completely when I replay BB.

The only boss I ever used a summon on was Alonne from DS2, in my defense it was my first souls game and I was using a very squishy build and wanted to learn the fight better with an npc and suddenly he was dead. Always mean to go back and kill him to knock him off my bucket list, but I remember him being hard at the time.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
you can get a ring of the evil eye +1 in the majula pit that heals you for 50 hp every time you kill something

Really? I've actually been staying away from that pit after falling to my death repeatedly quite early on. That'd be helpful though, especially when when battling mobs!

I'll have to walk over there and try again. Thx.

Fedor

<Banned>
Really? I've actually been staying away from that pit after falling to my death repeatedly quite early on. That'd be helpful though, especially when when battling mobs!

I'll have to walk over there and try again. Thx.

Unequip all your weapons and armor before trying to fall down there.

You need to equip a silvercat ring to help survive the falls and you can get it for 13,400 souls from the cat merchant in the house near the pit.

There's also an NPC in earthen peak who will build a ladder down the pit for you for 2k and then 12k souls.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unequip all your weapons and armor before trying to fall down there.

You need to equip a silvercat ring to help survive the falls and you can get it for 13,400 souls from the cat merchant in the house near the pit.

There's also an NPC in earthen peak who will build a ladder down the pit for you for 2k and then 12k souls.

Interesting... I was doing the opposite. No matter how much armor I wore/upgraded, I still died. And the rings - clearly I'm under utilizing them. Been using the same 4 for a while. Checked and I have a couple more I didn't know I had even picked up. But not the silvercat; as you said I need to buy it from that creepy cat.

So this npc in the earthen peak I'm going to have to search for. I went all through there quite recently and never saw him/her. Even after several sweeps as i died an awful lot there. I must be rushing by an accessible area. Thank you, again.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Bell bros was the best time I had in any of these games.

And hex casting wasn't trash tier.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Ive beat DS1, DS3, and have had DS2 on steam for a while but for some reason never got into it. Is it worth it + DLC's to play through?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's not their best work but the dlc is very good. It's not bad, just some stuff like the overhead tracking is annoying

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
It's not their best work but the dlc is very good. It's not bad, just some stuff like the overhead tracking is annoying
I just remember the controls seemed so shit, and It kept me from getting past the first few areas. I should probably stop being a mouthbreather and get a gamepad, beat DS1/3 on a KB/Mouse.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
To me it's definitely the worst Souls game, but it's still worth playing. The creator, Miyazaki, was less involved in Dark Souls 2 due to work on Bloodborne and it shows.