Dark Souls 2

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
3's at the bottom for me. Short, little build variety (at launch, anyway), easy bosses, annoying covenants, bad ng+.

Still loved it, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I really enjoy the Metroidvania gameplay of the Souls series which is why 2 is so low for me, since the base game is basically 3 linear paths off of the main hub town.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I scanned thru here quickly looking for this topic, but didn't see anyone asking so hopefully not too recent a reposted question, BUT... what the fuck is up with these ??? on the fast travel map now that I'm in Drangleic Castle?

Seems pretty spoilery and frustrating at the same time as it appears to show how many bonfires are remaining, and I can't travel to the ones that show up in areas I thought I've already cleared.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
After Drangleic Castle, the game shows you every possible "bonfire" in every area(bonfires you haven't visited show up as ???/blurry pictures), it's so you can see were you need to backtrack if your missing stuff

Last edited:

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After Drangleic Castle, the game shows you every possible "bonfire" in every area(bonfires you haven't visited show up as ???/blurry pictures), it's so you can see were you need to backtrack if your missing stuff

Hmmm... thx. I seemed to have missed several already which is kinda on par I guess with other things I've somehow missed despite best efforts. I was thinking maybe it was related to secret/bonus areas if you go through again in ng+.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So this Old Leo Ring i found is currently my favorite thing. With my freshly polished (always) jabby Estoc, the counter damage is making me literally lol in joy. Between repeated deaths of course.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Fume Knight is a cake walk compared to Ludwig.

I think this changes based on which one you played first, Flamelurker gave me more problems in Demon Souls', then either Fume/Ludwig/Ivory King pet's(course horse fuck valley is a different story...)

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fume Knight is a cake walk compared to Ludwig.

Only if you extinct the halls before him and have summons. Solo and having to fight to him? Completely different story.

LOL @horsefuck valley. I could have accepted everything else about that area, except for the restricted visibility. I fucking hate it when games go "LOL Helen Keller Mode", though at least it wasn't the old "we are making this entire zone dark" canard. A whiteout was at least a new take on that shitty concept.....

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Only if you extinct the halls before him and have summons. Solo and having to fight to him? Completely different story.

LOL @horsefuck valley. I could have accepted everything else about that area, except for the restricted visibility. I fucking hate it when games go "LOL Helen Keller Mode", though at least it wasn't the old "we are making this entire zone dark" canard. A whiteout was at least a new take on that shitty concept.....
Took me about 10 or so tries to solo Fume Knight and 30+ for Ludwig.

I did play Bloodborne first though so that could be why.

Last edited:

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What the fuck is up with all the little faggots leaving so many bogus messages? Again, I've only played Bloodborne before, but they certainly weren't an issue there. False messages were actually pretty rare, and those that remained were rated poorly and so you knew they were shit. This game is absolutely littered with total CRAP messages, and a lot of them are highly rated as well which makes it doubly frustrating.

If I see one more 'Illusory Wall' message I'm gonna lose it. Not sure how Bloodborne was able to keep a lid on it, but the messaging in this game is just retarded. Are the other Souls games the same? It's like my 11 year old nephew and his idiot friends were allowed to run amok in DS2.

• 1Salty

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
What the fuck is up with all the little faggots leaving so many bogus messages? Again, I've only played Bloodborne before, but they certainly weren't an issue there. False messages were actually pretty rare, and those that remained were rated poorly and so you knew they were shit. This game is absolutely littered with total CRAP messages, and a lot of them are highly rated as well which makes it doubly frustrating.

If I see one more 'Illusory Wall' message I'm gonna lose it. Not sure how Bloodborne was able to keep a lid on it, but the messaging in this game is just retarded. Are the other Souls games the same? It's like my 11 year old nephew and his idiot friends were allowed to run amok in DS2.

Welcome to Dark Souls hahahaha were everyone is sad that there will be no more "Try tounge but hole", they are not perfect messages but it is up to you too decide on which ones your follow, (most are pretty simple to figure out that it's a troll)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Welcome to real life

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Welcome to real life

You raise a good point, lol. I'd like a toggle switch next to the door on the way out of my house, so that when I leave for the day I can decide whether or not I have enough will left to handle the BS. If i'm running low on life energy, best to flick that switch off and play that day in offline mode.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Don't give up skeleton!

• 1Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
OK going for a third try tonight, will try a dex/sta build with sword and board. Thinking spear but not sure yet.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I think this changes based on which one you played first, Flamelurker gave me more problems in Demon Souls', then either Fume/Ludwig/Ivory King pet's(course horse fuck valley is a different story...)
Reindeer fuckland was never fun.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gents - any advice on this 2-handed weapon issue?

I'm trying a second char out now with a sorcerer build. It's really fun compared to my old Havel tank and I wish I'd gone this route earlier. It's early on so i'm still running with the stock staff in my left hand and the stock dagger in my right.

Problem is whenever I'm in a confined space like a hallway, i usually switch to 2-handed dagger mode to thrust (avoid striking the walls, etc). Always worked perfectly with a sword/axe/shield. Could toggle the RH weapon mode without issue.

But with my staff/dagger somewhat randomly it incorrectly (imo) switches to 2-handed staff mode when I toggle, from my LH instead of the RH dagger. So no quick thrusts and victory, i just unexpectedly start banging the staff off the walls and then usually die as I have almost no protection except evasion rolling.

Does anyone know if there's a way to prevent this from happening? I feel like it's got to be something retarded I'm doing and not realizing it, but I can't figure out wtf it is.