Dark Souls 2

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If anyone is interested in watching a good speedrunner check out this stream:Twitch

He's pretty damn good at the game. He does some PVP on the side too from time to time.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Christ -- that barely looks like the same game =/. I bought the console version because I don't, as a rule of thumb, care much about graphics. But I think the Souls series (as well as the Bioshock series) needs to look as good as possible, because their appeal stems in large part from the indelible sense of tragedy and ruin that suffuses their worlds, and those shots make it clear that the PC version is infinitely more faithful to that vision. I'll certainly double dip when I upgrade my PC.

Have their been any rumors of a high def triple pack for DeS, DS, DS2 for PS4? I"ll buy the system for that =p.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
PSN: Verseia

Add me if you'd like to co op or PVP or if you need help in any fashion.

I had 3 characters over SL120, one in NG+ but lost all my saves.

All I have at the moment is a rebuild of my original at SL128, nearing endgame @ Dragon Aerie/Shrine.

Hit me up!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Christ -- that barely looks like the same game =/. I bought the console version because I don't, as a rule of thumb, care much about graphics. But I think the Souls series (as well as the Bioshock series) needs to look as good as possible, because their appeal stems in large part from the indelible sense of tragedy and ruin that suffuses their worlds, and those shots make it clear that the PC version is infinitely more faithful to that vision. I'll certainly double dip when I upgrade my PC.

Have their been any rumors of a high def triple pack for DeS, DS, DS2 for PS4? I"ll buy the system for that =p.
It's not really the same. The graphics are basically the same, it's just the visual quality that's better on the PC version. Sharper, crisper, better lighting, etc. Low res graphics look like shit.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Dark Souls 2 4K screenshots | PC Gamer

Meh, wish I had a 4k monitor/TV now. I thought the PS3 version looked good, now having seen that, it feels like low resolution 1024*720 resolution, which I guess it is.

Difference certainly is huge. Image below also shows that they have taken a bit more care with the PC version this time around.

rrr_img_64940.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
All right bros, I'm not reading shit about shit about this game but I don't want to get stuck with a shit spec. Is this game's character development more or less punishing than Dark Souls 1? Can I just start a char, allocate points how I feel and go like I could in DS1 or can I easily fuck myself easily? Also is there any bullshit character start choice like the master key I should get?

Thanks.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Best character start choice is the Petrified Something - but it's a crap shoot for what it gets you - everything else is consumable or the trivial +50 or something HP ring which is the next best thing.

And it's mostly impossible to screw up builds too badly, there's a "reroll" mechanism in the game now with the Soul Vessels - so you can end up hating your spec and just reset it to something more usable.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I think I got 5 soul vessels on my last playthrough without even trying to find them, so yes, respeccing is pretty easy. Not sure if it matters much to the crowd here, but the twitch/youtube pvp community has settled on SL 150 as the preferred stopping point

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
The only caveat I'd make on character creation, and it is pretty obvious one, is that if you choose to go pure melee some of the bosses are considerably tougher. Some of these bosses are also basically trivialized by being able to cast. Respec is easy to come by so can't really screw up too badly in any case.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Basic things to know:

Stat soft-caps: Vigor (hp) 49, Endurance (stamina) 20, Vitality (equip load) 29, Attunement 40 (also effects casting speed now), Adapt 39. The damage stats (str, dex, int, fth) all soft-cap at 50. Dex gives a damage bonus at about 1/3 of str.

Poise isn't as good.

Don'tburneffigies at bonfires, use them from inventory to restore human form. Bonfire ascetics reset an area, but also increase the difficulty of it.

Starting gifts don't matter and the best starting class is probably the cleric; gets the heal spell and the mace kicks ass. Most weapons are viable for regular NG, NG+ requires a little more min-maxing.

Here's a completion check-list for anyone who wants to do/geteverything:link here

Needless

Toe Sucker
To double dip on the PC version or not.. I still haven't even finished it on the 360, I got bored on the way to the ancient dragon zzz

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Personally I'd wait until the PC version is <$10, whether or not you're double-dipping.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Fuck that, support the devs for this class of games. Paypal them all $1 and steal the game.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i figured something along the lines of that as well, at least wait for a 50% off steam deal or something.