Dark Souls 2

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
All right bros, I'm not reading shit about shit about this game but I don't want to get stuck with a shit spec. Is this game's character development more or less punishing than Dark Souls 1? Can I just start a char, allocate points how I feel and go like I could in DS1 or can I easily fuck myself easily? Also is there any bullshit character start choice like the master key I should get?

Thanks.
It is the same as the other games, but since you have played them, it is unlikely to screw yourself over. Item stats are basically the same. With the ability to reroll though, it isn't really a concern at all.

Only thing is that with the use of the Bandit class, you start with Int 1, if you do not increase that to 3, one of the key npcs that uses boss souls will not have anything to do with you. That is the only class that can somewhat gimp you if you want to just go melee as all other classes start with a base of 3+ int. Saw a playthrough of someone who went "you don't want to talk to me, well screw you !" and killed him... not a NPC you want dead.

Only starting item worth anything (they are all usable items) is the Petrified Something that you drop (leave) in the birds nest. Of the items you can put into that (petrified something, small smooth shiny stone and smooth shiny stone) it has the highest chance of giving you a good item. Apparently the whip you get there (I've never gotten it) is one of the best early weapons in the game.

For gameplay mechanics, remember that you can have 70% weight for fast roll now and Vitality raises it, not endurance.

Oh, and exhaust ALL dialogue with NPCs. Even after you have talked to them enough to get a menu with trade/learn gesture, etc, choose talk until they start repeating.

And a tip, if unsure if the NPC is friendly or aggro, if you can't target it, it is friendly. Don't think I ever encountered a npc you can talk to or interact with that you can target before actually hitting them. There are a few npcs that might on first glance look like enemies, but aren't, so the cautious ranged approach make you miss out on NPCs if you do enough damage for them to aggro on you.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Any hope for a "prepare to die" version of this game? Dont get me wrong, I have 80+ hrs played and ng+ was done much better this time, just crossing my fingers for more content cuz I'm obsessed with this game.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
At first they said no DLC was planned but I think the developer said that if people were really interested they'd consider it. Could be talking out of my ass though.

Could be very easy to make happen through giant memories or abyss portals. Or somewhere in Drangleic castle, I felt like some rooms there were pretty wasted.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure they said that last time too. Gonna hold out hope, cuz its been a long time.since a game had me that hooked.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Dark Souls II developer From Software has suggested it might be rethinking its decision not to consider creating downloadable content for the upcoming role-playing game, but added that it's all about what the game's community wants.

"There is definitely potential, I think," said producer Takeshi Miyazoe when asked about the possibility of making Dark Souls II DLC by OXM.

"Again, it's all about fan feedback. Right now we are concentrating on completing what we've got, but I think there are next steps on how we can expand on Dark Souls II."

"So I'm not really ready to say look forward to more information, but I think the potential is definitely there," he concluded.

Dark Souls II could end up with DLC, despite earlier claims - GameSpot

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
At first they said no DLC was planned but I think the developer said that if people were really interested they'd consider it. Could be talking out of my ass though.

Could be very easy to make happen through giant memories or abyss portals. Or somewhere in Drangleic castle, I felt like some rooms there were pretty wasted.
No DLC planned was basically PR speak for "We didn't cut out a bunch of content so we can sell it back too you later."

DLC in Souls games is pretty much a case of players liking what they get, and willing to pay more, so From is like " Uhhh, sure we can do that."

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hmm... Dark Souls 2 release or ESO PvP raid I scheduled and am supposed to lead... I wish my gaming wouldn't get in the way of my gaming!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Get fucking ready boys. Going for an int build because I did a faith and dex build in DS.
I would rethink that plan. Sorcery was fairly shitty at console release and then the handful of spells that didn't suck got nerfed into the ground with the first major patch. Faith or Dark (balanced 30 faith/30 int) is the way to go if you want to primarily be a caster.

People who are fans of the MLGS in all of From's games should be aware that it was also nerfed in the patch from being one of the best weapons in the game--especially for dark--to being complete garbage, because it can no longer be enchanted with an element.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I hope the pirated version contains a virus that causes your computer to catch on fire and burns your house down.
I pre-ordered the game, genius. What are you, 5?

I do download torrents of movies and tv shows daily though, maybe one of those will kill me. You can only hope, right?

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Think I am going to start as deprived and go melee/pyro build. Was melee/faith in dark souls.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Please be cautious of pyro builds now.

They nerfed the fucking shit out of pyromancy last patch. Less range, less damage on 80% of the spells. Flame Swathe, Chaos/Regular Firestorm, etc. It's pathetic.

Meanwhile, most magic got buffed with the exception of Soul Geyser getting a nerf.

...GG. So fucking stupid.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
That being said, I stick my guns and I am a dex/pyro build and still love it because I'm a fucking trooper and I don't jump ship when my shit gets nerfed.

nate_sl

shitlord
I pre-ordered the game, genius. What are you, 5?

I do download torrents of movies and tv shows daily though, maybe one of those will kill me. You can only hope, right?
Then why would you pirate it? Can't wait 6 hours? Remind me again who the 5 year old is?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Then you're just advertising piracy of a great game, and I stand by my original statement: I hope your house burns down.
You're right. In fact, in your honor, I've begun the download of the torrent. If it finishes before steam unlocks, I'm canceling my pre-order.
smile.png