Dark Souls 2

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Only because the control scheme is complete nonsense, even with a gamepad.

It's just amazing that a game with poor graphics, a crappy engine, awkward controls, awful sound design, and all around awkward design still manages to be one of the best games ever made once you get used to all of that.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
wow...

I haven't played either of the other games, so I've got no experience with the control and gameplay.... but this is quite awkward with KB/M and with a controller as well.

will take some serious getting used to, and I hope that I have the patience to get that far.

do you guys have a preference btwn KB/M and controller?

sorry, this has likely been asked before I suppose.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Bag a lunch to work for a week to save money, Chipotle won't go out of business.

Don't pirate this unless you want to continue to see nauseating on rails bull shit with no pvp for the rest of your life.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
wow...

I haven't played either of the other games, so I've got no experience with the control and gameplay.... but this is quite awkward with KB/M and with a controller as well.

will take some serious getting used to, and I hope that I have the patience to get that far.

As a huge advocate for M/KB I say go controller.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This is going to be another, "this game is built with a controller so I'll use a controller... 5m later fuck this I'm going back to a mouse, tired of playing a game in slow motion"

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do you not bother to turn up the camera sensitivity? That's the first thing I do in every 1st/3rd person game I play with a pad. DkS2 running at 60fps and with sensitivity turned up 2-3 clicks definitely isn't slow motion.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
wow...

Get a corded XBox 360 Controller. If you're running Microsoft, all the drivers are there and it's simply plug and play. Wireless Controllers requires an adapter which is why a corded controller is, usually, preferred for PC Gaming.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This is going to be another, "this game is built with a controller so I'll use a controller... 5m later fuck this I'm going back to a mouse, tired of playing a game in slow motion"
I plan to put the time in to learn M/KB but the default control setup is retarded and got me killed in the first 10 mins. After kicking ass on PS3 going to be an adjustment period, then again so much easier to cheese with a bow using M/KB.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Get a corded XBox 360 Controller. If you're running Microsoft, all the drivers are there and it's simply plug and play. Wireless Controllers requires an adapter which is why a corded controller is, usually, preferred for PC Gaming.
Except, as I'm learning now, there's no easy way to remap buttons on the x360 controller because MS doesn't provide you with any sort of tool for doing so like the Logitech Profiler. So you have to put up with the world's most retarded control scheme and use left bumper button to block. Or maybe (this is what people did with DS1) use x360ce to disable the trigger/bumpers, then xpadder to bind those buttons to the keyboard inputs. Yeah.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Try GMG. From our digital deals thread:

Used the code a day or two ago, not sure if it works today.
Voucher worked like a champ! Thanks

As far as KB/M.. If it's like DS1 it's much, much better for me with a controller and I'm a longtime KB/M gamer primarily.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It's even worse than you'd think. By default you double click to execute strong attacks/parry - which means single-clicking has a delay built in so it can detect double clicks. Derp de doo.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
So... What you're trying to say: PS3 = Master Race
smile.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eh, no. The PS3 version looks like complete ass, and it runs at somewhere around 25fps on average. Load times are about 7-8x longer than on a PC SSD as well. It's a mostly-decent port of a game that will never control properly with kb/m no matter how much someone tries to hammer that square peg into a round hole. You need analog movement, you need your fingers on all 4 attack/block/parry buttons simultaneously, etc.

Sadly, the PC version doesn't even come close to taxing any remotely new hardware, yet it still has the shitty downgraded lighting model of the console version. Apparently they just ripped out the old lighting and replaced it entirely, rather than leaving the possibility of toggling between the two on powerful machines. SweetFX fixes the problem somewhat but it's still ugly for a 2014 game.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So we're looking at a shitty console port to PC and horrible performance on last generation consoles.

so wait for PS4 edition?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So we're looking at a shitty console port to PC and horrible performance on last generation consoles.

so wait for PS4 edition?
They probably won't make a PS4 edition. Maybe Dark Souls 3.

It's ok bros, join the PS3 master race.. we've been waiting..