Dark Souls 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That cheat sheet is missing the most important thing to do immediately after getting to Majula: kill Maughlin (and wear his armor set until you soft cap every stat you care to). I like to get the Covetous ring +1 right away too, by buying the key, the pharros lockstone, and all 5 effigies.

And the dragon rings are 3% hp/5% sta/5% carry, 5%/10%/10%, and 7.5%/10%/12.5%. Second and third are definitely worth using, first as a waste of time as said before.

Vorph

I guess, if you really want it for some reason. Even if I did see a use for it, I'd still probably wait until NG+ since I think it's best to wear Tseldora for almost all of NG.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't see much value in +souls gear when I know how easy it is to get 100k+ a minute later on. I like the load reduction from the Aurous set.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is there any point to going <30% weight? I can't tell a difference at all between the rolls anywhere under 70%.

Vaclav

50 and 70 are break points, if there's other points that count, they're subtle.

Vorph

I don't see much value in +souls gear when I know how easy it is to get 100k+ a minute later on. I like the load reduction from the Aurous set.
Heh, I look at it completely opposite of that. I hate the beginning of the game and try to get my SL up to 50 or so as fast as possible. And I especially wanted to be SL130 the moment I picked up my Santier's Spear. By the time you get to the point where you can farm souls with infinite ascetics, there's not much point in bothering other than to feed your hex/Avelyn habit. Most stats soft cap really early, others are just plain garbage, and with the current build I'm playing I don't even know what I'll do with SL beyond 170 or so.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I ended up killing him anyway after you mentioned it :p My bro was doing co-op last night and got up to SL 75, so I have to try and catch up.

4 hours in, last giant, pursuer, flexile, dragonrider/slayer dead and SL 55. Not sure if I want to do Bastille or Gutter next.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I ended up killing him anyway after you mentioned it :p My bro was doing co-op last night and got up to SL 75, so I have to try and catch up.

4 hours in, last giant, pursuer, flexile, dragonrider/slayer dead and SL 55. Not sure if I want to do Bastille or Gutter next.
Bastille imo. Gutter is a shithole

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Bastille? Have fun!

rrr_img_65776.jpg

Elerion

N00b
Found out my lack of invasions (bell tower) is related to being a lower level....

Buddy who is SL 150ish says he can't even move in the story mode because he gets so many invasions..

Am I the only person that doesn't stop and farm every zone until it goes extinct (I only did this to get the old knight armor suit)?

What soul level do you think is reasonable for stumbling upon the Bell Tower area? I am able to assist plenty of others with bosses that appear to be my level... yet the number of blue orb successes I have had is... 1 time.... 0 bell tower invasions.

Oh well, I'll stick dat bell tower ring on in like 40-50 soul levels. Then it's time for the gittin down to the good part of the game (breaking guards/heads open with mace).
I hit Belfry Luna somewhere around SL40, and stayed for 3 hours PvPing. When it came time to move on, I literally didn't have time to remove my ring between invasions before being summoned as an invader again. I killed 10 more people before a game finally failed to load and I was able to take it off. Ended up with 50 chunks. Granted, that was launch day.

My friend who was SL80 at the same time had far fewer invasions.

Keep in mind that as long as you stay in the covenant and wear the ring, you'll be summoned from anywhere in the Bastille and nearby areas. As long as your covenant symbol is blinking, you're eligible to be summoned. Every win will refill your Estus and durability, so you can PvP a lot while just progressing.

Tip for anyone farming Sunlight Medals (Brighttown):
In Brighttown, plop your sign down before the Congregation boss. It takes like 20 seconds to kill and is super easy in a group.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only bad part about Bastille is having to fight 3+ soldiers at a time.
That's nowhere near as bad as having to decapitate a hundred statues because of the insane poison effect.

Anyone else having a terrible time hitting crystal lizards? What's an ideal weapon, I have a mace and an estoc, the mace usually hits the wall before the lizard, which now cancels the attack, and the estoc always goes way over the lizard.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Is there any point to going <30% weight? I can't tell a difference at all between the rolls anywhere under 70%.
No. There are only two roll speeds; 0-70 and 70+. So only fast roll and fat roll. However; thee is a minor difference in roll length for every 10% weight you carry. But it's not hugely significant. However, equip load ALSO affects stamina regen in the same way. Every 10% you get slightly slower stamina regen. The stamina regen rate between 0 and 56% comes out to be around 26% slower. I don't know whether the function is linear or has soft caps, or what.

But the difference between 30% equip load and 60% is probably going to end up giving you between 10 ish % faster stam regen, and probably about the same amount of roll distance. But it won't increase the speed of your roll.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That's nowhere near as bad as having to decapitate a hundred statues because of the insane poison effect.

Anyone else having a terrible time hitting crystal lizards? What's an ideal weapon, I have a mace and an estoc, the mace usually hits the wall before the lizard, which now cancels the attack, and the estoc always goes way over the lizard.
I either use a longsword, which has a good low sweep, or an overhand pummel from a greatsword. The main problem is that the damn things are nearly always 2 feet from a fucking cliff. Half the time, I give it one try and then just say fuck it, it's not worth the aggravation.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Learn magic of some kind, or make the dragonslayer bow and just oneshot them that way. There are more than a few of them I've found so far that you'll basically never kill with melee.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Learn magic of some kind, or make the dragonslayer bow and just oneshot them that way. There are more than a few of them I've found so far that you'll basically never kill with melee.
I have the dragonslayer bow already. Which of the arrows will 1 shot them? Because 1 shot is usually all you get before they lemming.