Dark Souls 2

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I just work around it. Since you have two different places where you can bind keys for light attack I bound one to E. So, when I need to swing as fast as possible I just use that, and it's also great for W+E for guard break.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Fire arrows kill them dead for me. Mileage may vary depending on your strength, but fire arrows are something dumb like 85 physical 115 fire before any of the bow scaling iirc.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
That's nowhere near as bad as having to decapitate a hundred statues because of the insane poison effect.

Anyone else having a terrible time hitting crystal lizards? What's an ideal weapon, I have a mace and an estoc, the mace usually hits the wall before the lizard, which now cancels the attack, and the estoc always goes way over the lizard.
I ended up spamming Lightning Spear and could finally easily kill them. I had a bear of a time with any melee weapon and them early on. They either don't swing down or are too slow.

I'll try the Dragonslayer Bow next time around. I generally don't equip it unless I'm sniping, though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I had troubles on my melee character as well, my str based weapons would always whiff on the lizards.. using lightning spear on my int/faith build 1 shot them all very easily lol

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Anyone else having a terrible time hitting crystal lizards? What's an ideal weapon, I have a mace and an estoc, the mace usually hits the wall before the lizard, which now cancels the attack, and the estoc always goes way over the lizard.
Any good bow, dragonrider or black hunter.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you use a dragonrider bow, don't infuse it with anything but magic. Last thing you want when killing crystal lizards is to get triple-dipped on their retardedly high defenses. On a heavy faith build I wouldn't mess with a bow at all until NG+, because at that point Bow of Want is by far the best choice. You have to pass on Chime of Want if you use hexes too, but I'd rather have the bow and just use Sunset or Caitha's for hexing.

Not really sure what I should choose for a bow on my current game. I'm guessing that a Mundane Sea Bow +10 is the best choice, if I can get one to drop. Basically the same damage as a Mundane Hunter's Blackbow, but it has 5 yards more range and won't require me to raise my dex to 25.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Good luck getting one. I've cleared the wharf on three play throughs to no more spawning and seen zero bow drops

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Drops are weird. Little more than halfway through my first playthrough, and started a second. First guy has cleared Tower of Flame, and gone through Wharf quite a few times and hasn't seen an old knight's shield or sea bow. Second guy went through each like 4-5 times, got 3 shields and 2 bows.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aw man I have to start all over now that I have bought the game :/

I probably even have to rebind everything!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Use a controller already, good god. Why slam your dick in the door trying to force kb/mouse?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Edit: NM, apparently saves are tied to the 'account' and you can't actually move them around.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it saved the controls, it forced a new savegame folder. At least I can still back up my save file

Is there a point in fighting the pursuer right after the second bonfire? First play I just ran away to estus after he hit me from behind - I just wanted to get the bomb thrower and he surprised me - and he disappeared, but now I knew about it and tried and you deal almost no damage to him. Feels like the very same boss fight without a boss health bar. And your weapon is still +0

Raes

Vyemm Raider
If you kill him there the Ring of Blades he drops is +1. Also, he's completely optional, so you can wait as long as you want to initiate. I always use a bow on the bomb guy.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have yet to be invaded after 9 hours on PC, anyone else not being invaded? I did join the ratbros last night though to farm some lockstones, shit is pretty fun.

Elerion

N00b
I don't get the point of ratbros. Wildly unbalanced PvP with no consequences. It's not fun, there's no penalty for losing, and it doesn't add difficulty.

Every time I got "invaded" in the Doors I zoned in to find 5 mobs attacking me along with another player, then when I returned to my world I popped right back up where I originally was with nothing lost.

It's the first covenant I have exactly zero interest in joining.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't get the point of ratbros. Wildly unbalanced PvP with no consequences. It's not fun, there's no penalty for losing, and it doesn't add difficulty.

Every time I got "invaded" in the Doors I zoned in to find 5 mobs attacking me along with another player, then when I returned to my world I popped right back up where I originally was with nothing lost.

It's for bads who can't PVP, but want to kill other people. Buncha casuals hide behind 5 mobs and shoot magic/bows at you

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider

Yeah, it's a stupid Covenant that appeals to social rejects who simply want to gank. One common tactic in Doors is to sit on top of the ledge and snipe the person pulled into your world as soon as they start to load.

drazon

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love this game. I have found that the lightning spear is so overpowered compared to the sorcery. Also, heavy armor seems pointless New Game +. Just go with lighter armor and dodge. It is way more efficient. Trying to block stuff with a shield fails on more difficult mobs/bosses and in New Game + the mobs still kill you in a hit with Havels. Mise well die in something light if you take a hit. At least you have a lot more endurance and can maneuver that way. On the first play through, armor did help a lot.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What button do you press after you parry successfully?

and I take it you can't be hollow if you want to see white summon signs?