Dark Souls 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
that is some boring ass box art.
I find funny the art box is all grey when the game seems it'll have more colors than any of the series yet. Looks a lot like the end of Dark Souls in that last zone which was all grey and black.

Anyway probably would still buy on PS3 first but don't know, did the PC version have the FPS issues like when you entered Blighttown from the top and shit? I'd assume that was hardware issue but not sure if the port resolved that or what. Could be worth playing on PC instead with my PS3 pad.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Download DSfix if you go with the PC version -- It lets you run at 60fps, 1080p, etc. DSfix+pad is the way to play this game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Download DSfix if you go with the PC version -- It lets you run at 60fps, 1080p, etc. DSfix+pad is the way to play this game.
I meant Dark Souls 2, I already have the first one on PS3 not gonna bother buying it again. The FPS issues I meant was when you got to Blighttown on consoles, you'd get severe FPS hits whenever you looked toward the bottom from the top cause the area was too big and had too many effects or whatever. Overall it was one of the very few places that had the slowdowns, but it was very noticeable. Was just wondering if PC got that too due to shitty port somehow, will need to read previews and shit on Dark Souls 2 figure if they have the same issue to decide what platform to get it on at that point.

Scyfi

N00b
Day 1 purchase for me, regardless of trailer or box art or any gameplay videos and screenshots. That trailer could upon to the dev team running a train on my mom and I would still buy it day one. DS and DS1 are that fucking awesome!

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Oh my bad, the interview after the DS2 gameplay video went on to say that the DS2 PC version isn't "half-assed" and that it will run at 60 fps natively. I believe the console port is still 30fps.

And yeah the PC version w/o DSfix did have the fps drop in blightown. Was a pretty bad port overall.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I meant Dark Souls 2, I already have the first one on PS3 not gonna bother buying it again. The FPS issues I meant was when you got to Blighttown on consoles, you'd get severe FPS hits whenever you looked toward the bottom from the top cause the area was too big and had too many effects or whatever. Overall it was one of the very few places that had the slowdowns, but it was very noticeable. Was just wondering if PC got that too due to shitty port somehow, will need to read previews and shit on Dark Souls 2 figure if they have the same issue to decide what platform to get it on at that point.
I played the game on both Xbox and PC. The game runs indefinitely better on PC, the (console) slowdowns in Blighttown and quite a few other areas really turned me away from the game, so i'm glad the PC version did not suffer that much from it.

To me there's no question about it, if you have the option to play on either a console or the PC, grab it for the PC. You can use a controller just aswell and i bet there'll be room for graphic improvements again. The current console generation is crawling on its last broken leg, and it's really showing now. I don't even understand why they're releasing it for these old busted pieces of shit to be honest.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Day 1 purchase for me, regardless of trailer or box art or any gameplay videos and screenshots. That trailer could upon to the dev team running a train on my mom and I would still buy it day one. DS and DS1 are that fucking awesome!
While I tend to agree with you, this is how modern era Blizzards are made. Just sayin'.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Ok, so I bought DS1 last night and installed the DSFix mod. Is there a setting I'm missing because only the top left corner of my screen is showing the game play even though there are HUD elements in the bottom left and right corner? Going to go pick up a Xbox gamepad I guess as the mouse will bring up my Win8 stuff and it's annoying as shit.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Take a look at the readme, that's is why it's called readme. Then you go ingame, turn off the games native AA and blur, exit again and you're fine.

While you're at it, check your screen resolution and make sure the dsfix doesn't have it on a resolution higher than your monitor can handle, that can cause issues later on aswell.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Heard rumors this was going to be even easier then DS1 and nothing like Demon Souls.
Its in an alpha state with only about 20% done as of a week or so ago - assuming the rumor is at all founded its far before difficulty tuning takes place.

Step 1: Make sure it works right and is complete.
Step 2: Make sure difficulty is right.

They could be right, but its just guesstimating unless the devs have stated it as a goal.

ZED_sl

shitlord
Heard rumors this was going to be even easier then DS1 and nothing like Demon Souls.
At this point in the game's development, I doubt anyone has any idea on what the difficulty will be. People started to panic about the accessibility thing when the game was first revealed, but in the recent interview with the developers they cleared up the accessibility bit. So, with that and Tanimura bragging about the many many types of deaths the player will go through, I wouldn't worry about it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Heard rumors, or went on 4chan and saw their general threads saying LOL GAEMZ GUNNA B SO CASUL
I really, really doubt it will be any easier. The beginning of the games are always easy if you already know the system. Going from DeS to DaS was the exact same thing

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Holy shitnuts, talk about throwing you in the deep end. No idea what anything is, what anything does and then you run into mobs that fucking one shot you. Only in undead burg so far but in checking in frustration if I was going the right way I find that I shouldn't have killed the merchant, dropped the debris nor used my humanity. Ouch......

Vaclav

Early Uchi can be nice sometimes - sucked before patches made his inventory was shared around though.

Vorph

No reason not to kill that merchant the first time you pass by there. You should probably buy the repairbox, bottomless box, and maybe a shortbow+arrows from him beforehand, but it's not game-ruining if you didn't. If you are going to kill him, don't buy the residence key; he will drop it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
The only real downside of killing him is hes the only one outside of chester, that sells lloyd's talismans, which are good for pvp.
But pvp isnt actually for everybody lol