Dark Souls 2

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
If memory serves, there is an awesome set of light weight armor (Gold Hemmed) that you can ninja from just inside Izalith off the corpse of a dead witch on an altar, just past the Ceaseless Discharge (you dont have to kill it to get to the armor, but it's an easy mini-boss). The armor cant be reinforced but it will take you a ways while you hunt for better. It's a quick run from Queelag's lair.
Ok cool. Which means I will have to go through Blighttown again
frown.png
God I hated that place.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Edit: Oh yeah, blind dragon, fuck that guy. I think he was one of the bosses where using a spear caused issues. From then on I had some int-usable sword handy.
Haha no wonder why I had such problems with him. I used a spear throughout the entire game.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tattered set even for a warrior?
There are no classes in Dark Souls. The choice at the beginning is just for starter gear and base stats; from that point on you are what you equip. I equip armor solely for its resistances based on what area I'm in, and I never go above 25% burden. I'm not saying tattered is the best, it's just very good and very convenient.

Have you tried changing your weight around yet? There are three different roll animations in the game: fast roll, mid roll, and fat roll. The cut-off points are 25% and 50% of total burden. There's also ninja flip, but it's just an improved fast roll with more i-frames. Mid roll can be ok if you really know what you're doing, but fat roll should never be used. That's not to say you should never consider going above 50% burden, just that you should never touch the roll button when you do so.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
There are no classes in Dark Souls. The choice at the beginning is just for starter gear and base stats; from that point on you are what you equip. I equip armor solely for its resistances based on what area I'm in, and I never go above 25% burden. I'm not saying tattered is the best, it's just very good and very convenient.

Have you tried changing your weight around yet? There are three different roll animations in the game: fast roll, mid roll, and fat roll. The cut-off points are 25% and 50% of total burden. There's also ninja flip, but it's just an improved fast roll with more i-frames. Mid roll can be ok if you really know what you're doing, but fat roll should never be used. That's not to say you should never consider going above 50% burden, just that you should never touch the roll button when you do so.
I'll check that when I get home. I seem to think I am fairly close to max load. I roll slowly and get up rather slowly.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
GD fuck GFWL, I spent 30 fucking minutes just getting the game registered since I had no account.

I installed the mouse fix mod but I still can't turn the camera in game, I'm guessing it's supposed to work normal with the mod?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I had a good pattern down for beating Seath, but could never manage to cut off his tail. After a ton of attempts I just said fuck it and killed him :/

Vorph

His tail is one of the more annoying ones to cut off, and chances are you were hitting too close to his body. It's just the very tip that counts, like Priscilla's tail, except Seath's can't be cut off with a single swing while not even aggroed. :p Weapons with overhand chop R2 animations work well. So does Great Combustion if you wait for him to stop moving to cast one of the things he does that can't hit you when you're in the back.

I screwed it up and accidentally killed him on the one character I made that actually wanted the MLGS, of course.

Vorph

I'll check that when I get home. I seem to think I am fairly close to max load. I roll slowly and get up rather slowly.
That's the fat roll. Elite Knight only weighs 26.8, and is a decent choice for mid-rolling. If you can only fat roll with it, I would stop using it until you invest in more endurance. I like exactly 40 End on all my builds, any more than that is a waste because stamina becomes capped and it only increases burden from 41 to 99.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That's the fat roll. Elite Knight only weighs 26.8, and is a decent choice for mid-rolling. If you can only fat roll with it, I would stop using it until you invest in more endurance. I like exactly 40 End on all my builds, any more than that is a waste because stamina becomes capped and it only increases burden from 41 to 99.
Ok. Yeah I have an elite knight set, but it weighs me down still. I'll have to check my stats when I get home too. I have put a LOT into Str and Vit so far. And only just started getting more into endurance. Time to level that up some more I think.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I killed Havel and use his ring. Can't recall but is that the one that helps with that?

Or was it the ring from the gold dude

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I actually didn't think Seath was all that tough. Before fighting him, it's worth taking a detour into the ruins of londo to get the curse protection ring. Toss that thing on and Seath is really easy (you can still get cursed but the gauge becomes a lot larger and slower). The hardest part of Seath was cutting off his damn tail because it keeps clipping into the walls where you can't get to it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As for "decent armor" the most important thing is the weight. Other than the handful of fights where poise is useful, the basic rule is, "If it takes you over 25% burden, get rid of it." If you start as a pyromancer and don't want to bother re-optimizing your gear every hour or two, the tattered set will last you the entire game easily. The only time you really need to swap it out is for areas that require curse resist.
going 99% Weight limit with the highest poise set you can find and wear, combined with GSoA for blocking, also works for all bosses.

Havel's ring is the one that helps you with weight limit, obviously you can ditch it for the 99% Weight build and get wolf ring instead.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I did something retarded stupid and didn't take master key on my original build for this guy, so I have to kill the Moonlight Butterfly to get the key to go kill Havel ;(

Yeah that wasn't my smartest choice ever. But it is making the game more challenging and fun somehow.

Vorph

The Master Key was added to a vendor in one of the later patches.

Domhnall of Zena, once he moves near Firelink Shrine after you ring both bells.

It's not really necessary though, and probably was a good idea to not take on a first playthrough. The best part of it being added to the vendor was that you can skip it for the first clear but not have to live without it forever if you carry on into NG+ and beyond.

I'd definitely recommend clearing out the moonlight butterfly area before going to Sen's Fortress though.

Penance

You know what area absolutely scared the fuck out of me was the hollow. So many basilisks. But the rewarding area it leads to is one of the most awe inspiring mood setting atmospheres in any game I have ever played. God damn I'm running through this game again. Gonna try fist only this time

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm playing ds with a 2hr timer on my phone/watch now, fck it draws you in. (i still have moving boxes in my new apt!)

Szlia

You know what area absolutely scared the fuck out of me was the hollow. So many basilisks. But the rewarding area it leads to is one of the most awe inspiring mood setting atmospheres in any game I have ever played. God damn I'm running through this game again. Gonna try fist only this time
I am not big fan of Great Hollow / Ash Lake myself. It feels disjointed from the rest of the game, like an alpha level that was not supposed to be in the final game. Maybe it works better if the first time you go there is to conclude the father / daughter knight sub-quest.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I am not big fan of Great Hollow / Ash Lake myself. It feels disjointed from the rest of the game, like an alpha level that was not supposed to be in the final game. Maybe it works better if the first time you go there is to conclude the father / daughter knight sub-quest.
Yeah the ash lake zone is definitely a 'secret level'. But it's one of the best zones in any game ever so the disjointedness can be forgiven.