Dark Souls 2

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I haven't played DS enough to give an example but I'd bet that there are some builds that seem intuitive at first but because of balancing are really shitty.
There is always a way. My son.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't played DS enough to give an example but I'd bet that there are some builds that seem intuitive at first but because of balancing are really shitty.
The only wrong thing you can do is put points into resistance

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is it possible to play ds2 without gfwl at all?
Dark Souls 2 isn't released yet. But since GFWL is soon to be dead, it's unlikely it'll run on it. Most likely steamworks. As for Dark Souls 1, if that's what you meant, yes it still requires GFWL, can make a local account though apparently.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure that's all upside now. No hackers invading so you can actually play as a not-hollow, no retarded graffiti all over the place, ghosts/bloodstains are just a distraction, etc.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
The invade mechanic in this game is retarded. I want to play the game, not deal with some faggot

Involuntary PvP in any game is stupid. Didn't we learn this years ago

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Well in some senses it is voluntary since if you stay hollowed you can't be invaded, which is exactly what I did when I played.

Edit: Now the changes to Dark Souls 2 are retarded. I'll probably just firewall the game or pull the plug on the network while I play.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does it work in dark souls 2? I thought the pvp was done better in this game then any other. Had some great fights in the dark forest.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dont' mind involuntary PvP but after starting my new playthrough yesterday I am only invaded by people who can one-shot me. It would be fun if I had a chance against anybody.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's honestly kind of the problem with PVP and games where gear/stats/abilities scale with playtime. People who just start have pretty much zero chance against anyone (this extends to mmos as well) while the people who started at release get a much more even playing field. People -will- pull ahead, but when you start 2-3 months+ after release, you are literally just going to die with zero recourse to it. Dark Souls shouldn't let you get invaded by people who are substantially further into the game than you or who have more than a small amount of soul levels on you. Otherwise, congratulations on spending most of the time as a hollow to avoid that bullshit.

It sucks that the cooperative features of the game are tied directly in with the griefing features of the game.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Well in some senses it is voluntary since if you stay hollowed you can't be invaded, which is exactly what I did when I played.

Edit: Now the changes to Dark Souls 2 are retarded. I'll probably just firewall the game or pull the plug on the network while I play.
Human is necessary to kindle bonfires, so often it is not voluntary

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Human is necessary to kindle bonfires, so often it is not voluntary
True, I had forgotten about that since I never did it.

How does it work in dark souls 2? I thought the pvp was done better in this game then any other. Had some great fights in the dark forest.
From what I've read in Dark Souls 2 you can be invaded at any time, hollowed or alive. So there's no way to opt out of PvP except for forcing yourself offline.

Vorph

They said there will be an in-game setting to force yourself offline. I hate everything about DS and DkS online "features" so it's good that they're finally offering a way to do it without signing out of PSN or firewalling the application.

Vaclav

Someone being out of level to you doesn't happen with DkS matching under the system assuming everything is legit.

Soul level ?10% is the max you can be invaded by with a 5 level spread at low levels or so.

Vorph

Technically it's just +10% +10SL (so up to SL65 when you're SL50) and I don't think there's a bottom limit, which actually makes things harder on low-SL trolls. Covenants have an effect too, I forgot exactly how they work but some of them completely remove limitations. That doesn't really matter though if you're SL30 and someone shows up in your game with DLC spells like dark orb/dark bead/pursuers.

And of course your "legit" assumption is a mighty big one to begin with.

khalid

Unelected Mod
What will make you better at dark souls is doing a sl1 playthrough. Takes away all the cushion. Don't do it on your first playthrough though, or even on your second. A leveling playthrough after doing SL1 is like godmode easy.