Dark Souls 2

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What router are you using? What type of connection (cable/dsl?)

I've read some people having slow wifi issues on the PS4 back when it was released, and I think it was related to routers. Mine gets amazing wireless speeds, for instance.

EvilLurker_sl

shitlord
I tested with my iPad. Right next to the router I get 22mbps, and in the livingroom where the PS4 is located I get 13.7mbps. I placed the iPad right on top of the PS4, so exact same spot. So the iPad is getting something like... 200x the speed of the PS4. Quite a difference
frown.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Might want to test various times as well - PSN will often start downloads at a ridiculously low speed for me for example (like barely 1 Mbps for 5-10 min before spiking up to 40+ if not better than that, the speeds it does blows anything else away at times, but it's always a slow start)

Needless

Toe Sucker
Pretty nuts that they priced the new generation versions at $70 for a re-release of an old game now lol

Vaclav

Pretty nuts that they priced the new generation versions at $70 for a re-release of an old game now lol
$60 in the states - $20 surcharge versus PS3.

They did tweak ALOT with mob placement though, still on Fallen Giants area but the tweaks are pretty massive - ogre even before the first bonfire in there was hilarious.

Vaclav

Yeah that ogre is a cunt. I don't yet have a weapon that'll remain intact long enough to kill him!
Started out as Sorcerer, so he was easy to spell joust down - but he almost got me the first time before the shock of him being there wore off.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Yeah I might switch to spells if the durability continues to annoy me as much as it currently does.

Looks like XbOne master race here with its 37fps or whatever
tongue.png

Vorph

Pretty much. Defender Greatsword and lightning spear got raped with a barbed club in the patches. Scaling on lightning DGS+5 is now C/E/B instead of C/E/S. Buffs got hit too, unless you have at least 50 faith.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Thats gay lol, thats like the only build i actually enjoyed in DaS2. Guess i'll save myself 70 bucks!

Vaclav

Never exactly been a turtler, but I was a fairly avid shield user in vanilla DkSII. After Bloodborne, I appear to have forgotten I even have a shield.
Yea, I've noticed the same - I had to restart shortly after the Last Giant, got irritated at losing 20k souls to gimp stuff because I'm so out of habit with using the shield (plus the whole ease of healing from quick retaliation - keep trying to quickly retaliate and just take more damage and get no healing, hah)

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
So how far has everybody gotten? Just beat the Ruin Sentinels (first try! - died more to them than any other boss in vanilla). Playing slow as fuck, though