Dark Souls 2

Ziggurat_sl

shitlord
There'll be an info explosion afterward as well. All the big publications were at a press event recently, so I'm sure all those previews are being written as we speak

Ziggurat_sl

shitlord
uaXzWsW.jpg

Q1G28bk.jpg

O2muJJY.jpg

YA0cWbE.jpg

mUZBU1D.jpg

1gfK5mu.jpg

Needless

Toe Sucker
Not sure how i feel about the gameplay video, the attack animations look good.. but i think just the normal movement/interaction animations all look really unpolished/robotic.
I also really don't like how bright the "souls" are that you gain on killing an enemy, or picking something up off the ground, they're just way too neon blue.

Enemies, armor, weapons, and overall environment looks really amazing however, hopefully that doesn't result in more frame rate dropping areas like Dark Souls 1 had.

I really like the options they showed one of the enemies having, the big 2h mace with a turtle shell like body armor on the back that he has on. Giving him the ability (or detriment) of falling back on the player to either damage, or miss and be counter attacked by being stuck that way lol

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone know if you can still invade/be invaded by people with the DLC if youdon'thave the DLC? Was going to mess around on Xbox, but still haven't gotten the DLC.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I reaaaaaally wish this was being made with the X720/PS4 as the base rather than the X360/PS3. Hell, I wish it was coming out on the new consoles period.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I reaaaaaally wish this was being made with the X720/PS4 as the base rather than the X360/PS3. Hell, I wish it was coming out on the new consoles period.
PC? Add a controller, all set.

With that said I started playing Dark Souls on PC again last night and what an awesome reflection. Last night I went up to the Garg bell in about 25 minutes played tops. When I first started that took me about 6 hours. Ha
smile.png

Sean_sl

shitlord

With that said I started playing Dark Souls on PC again last night and what an awesome reflection. Last night I went up to the Garg bell in about 25 minutes played tops. When I first started that took me about 6 hours. Ha
smile.png
I don't buy PC games unless there's no other option. Yeah, it's a little backwards, but I prefer to have something I can add to my physical console collection over digital stuff that I have absolutely no attachment to. Collecting is part of the hobby for me.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I don't buy PC games unless there's no other option. Yeah, it's a little backwards, but I prefer to have something I can add to my physical console collection over digital stuff that I have absolutely no attachment to. Collecting is part of the hobby for me.
Get a boxed collectible PC version? Or does it have to be console.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm

smile.png
The best part of Dark Souls games are playing them before FAQs/Walkthroughs are put out.. hopefully unlike Demon Souls it'll be same day international release instead of Jap > everyone else.

Syntax Error_sl

shitlord
Damn the game looks great so far. Love the fact that the cloth the in game model was wearing actually flows naturally instead of how DS1 did it. Also, liked what Tanimura said about not adding onto the game needless things just to add shit, but to accentuate the core of the game.

Also, interesting things from a lore stand point. I'm really curious when this game takes place. There are all those dragons, but are they all drakes or maybe like Kalameet's brood that Anor couldn't really fight or something.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The best part of Dark Souls games are playing them before FAQs/Walkthroughs are put out.. hopefully unlike Demon Souls it'll be same day international release instead of Jap > everyone else.
Why does this matter? Just don't look shit up.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Sad that the interface hasn't been improved but I'm always excited for Dark Souls / Demon's Souls. Main reason I played Prepare to Die Edition on PC was to mod the interface and I'm just not sure I could go back now. Lots of familiar motifs in the gameplay reveal but I hope they keep the weirdness/undisclosed stuff in. Also, I can't say I'm too thrilled about their new torch mechanic. I felt that Dark Souls had too many sections that were too dark (hah hah), and I'm very much a little shielding bitch when I play these games. So, in other words, I'm gonna die a lot until I find the inevitable light-casting item...Can't wait.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I very much liked that they showed Dual Wield actually working in the first 20secs or so of the gameplay thing. Game looks insanely detailed and beautiful but I guess it kinda strays furhter and further away from Demon's Souls style, where everything was a grim cold dark place. Dark Souls added a lot of characters and stuff like Old Lando, this game looks to have gone even further, that place with the paintings and shit is amazing but kinda doesn't look quite like the usual style, even though it's also filled with gory details like blood all over and torture tools. As long as it doesn't lag the shit out of my PS3 it'll be fine though, I don't mind these kind of environements.

The torch aspect is nice, they already had torches in Dark Souls kinda, with that stupid light helm to do the catacombs with, but it's a bit more evolved. Wish they went the Dragon's Dogma route though where you light up a lantern and attach it to your belt so you can still use your left hand. Hopefully they have a light spell or a light shield.

Overall it looked very good, all we have to see is the complexity of the world and the overall difficulty of the game. Also hope they don't go back to a shitty upgrade system, I liked the Dark Souls one, the Demon Souls one was fucking annoying as shit.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The torch aspect is nice, they already had torches in Dark Souls kinda, with that stupid light helm to do the catacombs with, but it's a bit more evolved. Wish they went the Dragon's Dogma route though where you light up a lantern and attach it to your belt so you can still use your left hand. Hopefully they have a light spell or a light shield.
Heh, seriously. Someone needs to email the developers of this to rip off Dragon's Dogma's lantern system rather than use hand-restricting torches.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Heh, seriously. Someone needs to email the developers of this to rip off Dragon's Dogma's lantern system rather than use hand-restricting torches.
Well in a way, the Dragon's Dogma torch was interesting cause it'd get snuffed out if you got wet, so that added an interesting aspect too in caves and shit, which you probably wouldn't have in this. I guess they were more interested in the offhand vs light tradeoff, which is a valid choice too, but it'll make it tough for shittier players that relied on shields too much. That is unless there's many other ways to do light, like a helm, shield, consumables or early spells.