Dark Souls 2

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've never used anything other than this to farm souls. Are either of those above methods really any better than this?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've been using the PS4 controller on PC and it's fucking awesome. There's a workaround I had to use (mapped to some Logitech Rumble 2 or something) that if anyone wants I can dig up. Nothing like using a far superior controller from the master race console.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've never used anything other than this to farm souls. Are either of those above methods really any better than this?

I did this one too and yeah, the one I posted was better for me. I imagine it's build dependent, but I think I got at least 2x the rate of souls, plus I found it more enjoyable and mindless, lol.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I imagine it's build dependent
^This. It's depends on how fast you can kill. I used the Darkroot farm spot for quite a while myself but found the Sentinels to be much better than even Tuco's first video once I had enough power to one shot them.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

I used this immediately after I killed the gaping dragon and before Blighttown. Simply because that boss kill gave me a lot of souls and I was able to buy the Crest of Artorias and easily make back the lost souls in 3 runs. After a while you get bored when you need 15-20k per skill point
frown.png

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I farmed those areas for hours then I I was like, fuck this I want to see the rest of the game so I cheat engined enough souls to complete my build and moved on. It is one of the few times I have cheated in any game that didn't take away from the experience, right up there with infinite bag space in skyrim etc.

Szlia

Wrath of Gods with an xp ring and several damage boosters to get the overkill bonus provided me with a considerable amount of souls in the painted world in a very short amount of time.

Apparently some people prefer the endlessly spawning tiny skeletons that are in the tomb of the giants before the boss, but I found it to be extremely tedious and annoyingly far from a bonfire.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's that have to do with anything? You need to time blocks, something rather irrelevant when you fast roll away from every attack.
Time blocks, with 88 stability and 161 poise... what?

New Londo Ruins kicked my keester last time I was even close to the place. Shouldn't I finish Sen Fortress first before trying to get this ring? Or is it easily obtainable? I know it isn't a drop.
I've never used the curse resist ring and I've never been cursed once in any playthrough. Dingy and/or antiquated armor is all you need for basilisks, and I tend to use ring of fog in the hollow because not only does it keep basilisks off your ass it also makes it trivial to kill the crystal lizards without them running away. Once you're more confident you can also eat every humanity you get as you pick it up so that you have 10-30 in the meter at all times. That's a huge boost to your resists.

As for New Londo Ruins, it's all about memorizing the spawn locations of the ghosts. I run past a lot of them when I do it now, but you have to really know what you're doing with that or you might not run far enough and suddenly find yourself in a corner with 15 ghosts still chasing.

Apparently some people prefer the endlessly spawning tiny skeletons that are in the tomb of the giants before the boss, but I found it to be extremely tedious and annoyingly far from a bonfire.
Yeah, but don't forget that you can get a stack of 99 humanity + 99 more in the meter if you farm those skeletons with 410 item discovery. That's why it's the preferred spot.

Balin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Utnayan, if you're fat-rolling, that's why you're having no fun. I tried to do a heavy armour, strength build, fat-roll playthrough and just couldn't finish it. Pretty sure I called it quits in Anor Londo. I go tanky for 4 kings and Nito, but fast-roll everywhere else.

I never had trouble with Seath. Cutting off his tail is definitely hard without a summon, but a straight kill? He's one of the easiest bosses. Even Gaping is harder, imo. In like 15 playthroughs, I think I only died to Seath when going for the tail cut. Gaping killed me at least 5 times on my first playthrough.
eek.png

Killing Seath the easy way: Put on dingy set. Run to crystal. Wait for Seath to get close and start breath animation. Smash crystal and run to the right (Seath's left) "side tail" thingy. Stay near the end of the side tail. Use pyro or whale away with two hands until he's dead. The whole fightmighttake 60 seconds.

Wife and kids are going to be out of town for spring break the last week in March. Perfect timing for a week of ridiculous obsession with DS2. Hoping PC version is out by then. Can't wait!

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Utnayan, if you're fat-rolling, that's why you're having no fun. t!
Oh, don't get me wrong I am having a ton of fun. I just put on my elite armor after getting havel's ring and now I have much better movement speed and rolling. I am now in sen's fortress. I also killed a whole bunch of things I have never killed before. Hydra, Quelaag and rang the second bell, Havel, and the mooonlight butterfly.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yea once I stopped fat-rolling this game became 100% more enjoyable. I'm in Sen's too but haven't played in a few weeks due to time issues
frown.png

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I've been stuck on Ornstein and Smough forever now. I've only attempted them ~15 times, but that's been spread across 3-4 play sessions. I'm currently using a lightning spear, and don't really have any magic. Basically my issue is I'll bring in that NPC dude to help me, and half the time he'll kill Smough first while I'm trying to kill Ornstein, which then gets me assraped by BigStein. The few times I do manage to successfully get Ornstein down before Smough, BigSmough just kills me after a decent fight. BLEH.

Needless

Toe Sucker
One thing about that; you're using a lightning based weapon against a highly lightning resistant boss

I'd find another weapon to fight ornstein with lol

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm just at Ornstein and Smough for the first time too. I'm raging more at getting back to them from the bonfire than I am losing to them in the fight. Those giant sentinels in the main room where you summon Solaire give me a lot of trouble, and I've been invaded like 3 times now while fighting them!

But definitely don't use lightning against them. If you have any fire weapons available that would be ideal, but anything other than lightning damage!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well I have Quelaag's sword, but it's not upgraded I don't think. Would that be much better? My issue will be I've been using a spear the entire game, so I'm going to suck ass with anything else. Good times! haha

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Just figured I would ask in here. Does the PS4 controller work with DkS: PtD edition? I just cannot play that game with a m/kb -.-

Szlia

I am not sure how some of you have troubles with the sentinels. Maybe I had good endurance and a high stability shield, but for me it was all about teasing them to do a shield slam, move behind them, switch to 2 hand, swing down, swing up and good night (using a well upgraded Black Knight Sword - 1H kind). I had plenty of practice though because I farmed the black sentinels near the first bonfire when I arrived in Anor Lando.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well I have Quelaag's sword, but it's not upgraded I don't think. Would that be much better? My issue will be I've been using a spear the entire game, so I'm going to suck ass with anything else. Good times! haha
Yes, you should use fire or magic against Ornstein. He's got pretty good resistance to everything else, and is practically immune to lightning. Smough is weak to everything in his first form, then has decent lightning resist once he gets angry.

Personally, I'd recommend never using a spear because it just creates bad habits, and since lightning got nerfed pretty hard even before the PC version was released I'd suggest having a plan for a real weapon before much longer. You're much better off investing in a scaling weapon and boosting a stat for it; the only real exception is something like the build I'm currently playing--20 str/16 dex/30 faith--which is designed strictly for using the Obsidian Greatsword with sunlight blade/darkmoon blade or resins.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Just figured I would ask in here. Does the PS4 controller work with DkS: PtD edition? I just cannot play that game with a m/kb -.-
It will, it just takes some work to make it happen though.DS4Toolreportedly works, as doesx360ce. Either program by themselves wouldnt work for me though, using both however works just fine. It's weird, but works so I dont question it.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yes, you should use fire or magic against Ornstein. He's got pretty good resistance to everything else, and is practically immune to lightning. Smough is weak to everything in his first form, then has decent lightning resist once he gets angry.

Personally, I'd recommend never using a spear because it just creates bad habits, and since lightning got nerfed pretty hard even before the PC version was released I'd suggest having a plan for a real weapon before much longer. You're much better off investing in a scaling weapon and boosting a stat for it; the only real exception is something like the build I'm currently playing--20 str/16 dex/30 faith--which is designed strictly for using the Obsidian Greatsword with sunlight blade/darkmoon blade or resins.
Hmm, interesting! I guess I'll try Quelaag's next time around.