Dark Souls 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Like Kaige said a couple days ago, the best possible input device would be the left side of a WiiMote/PSMove (with a lot more buttons on it) and a mouse to replace the motion wand faggotry on the right side.

Vorph

There are games out there that allow simultaneous input from kb/m and gamepad. Saints Row 3 and 4 come to mind. I tried playing it with my DS3 in one hand and the mouse in the other, and you could probably get it to work decently well (on foot) if you took the time to bind a bunch of things to the side buttons of a MMO mouse. But yeah, you can't drive a car like that because there's no left trigger.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Agree completely with both of you. Let's go into business together and make that product.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
One game that comes to my mind was Kingdoms of Amular, it was pretty flawless when it came to using a gamepad and kb/m together.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
April 25th sucks ass, but I'll look on the bright side. The torrent will probably be available before that, considering there's a legit Xbox torrent already.

Vorph

It's a Steamworks game, so no, there won't be a torrent prior to the actual release date. Consoles are wide open for piracy prior to the release date because it's so easy for someone to get their hands on a copy of the game. Steamworks makes doing that impossible because no one in the world has the executable and the decryption key before the official date.

Vorph

It's Steamworks, which gives From the option of installing to your Steam library from the DVD or just forcing the DVD to install Steam and then download the entire game from Valve's servers. Most people choose the first option, but either way it will be a Steam-only game.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Fine. I'll just build a fucking time machine. 7 god damn weeks should be plenty of time.

<-----Not bitter.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Right, the problem is it needs to actually work like that and not just be a stick mapped to wasd/updownleftright. Those are twoverydifferent things. It also needs to recognize it having triggers and work as such.

And if you redesigned a mouse so the main two buttons have tension and work like triggers too (or at least just the right button) you'd basically have the best of every world. Put 4 buttons on the side that correspond to the classic abxy and then you have a gamepad split perfectly in two with mouse precision aiming.
If The steam controller had simply stuck with a traditional thumbstick on the left side of the pad, and not tried to do stupid things with button placement, it theoretically could have been the greatest controller ever... as is, it's simply "meh". I'm waiting for logitech or Razr to capitalize on this.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Still too limited. Kb/m need a flat surface, and were never really designed for gaming. Controllers are better at somethings, but still limited. All additions are just minor iterations on an outdated design.

Someday we'll have stuff like this:

g-speak - oblong industries, inc.

Basically, the interface gloves from Minority Report. God knows how long it will take to actually replace our current interface hardware.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Sweet. I did the same thing with playing around with the shipping options and now mine is showing on the 11th as well. The *cough*guide*cough* I ordered is still showing on Thursday but I'm fine with that.

Edit: Tried the same trick for theguideas well but it doesn't seem to work. There is no 1 day shipping option available at all for it so it probably can't get any lower than 2 day.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Seems bugged recently with preorders that it won't give a definite date on when you order it - just adjust the shipping time to something else then back to 2 day and it updates correctly.
Thanks for the heads up on that, it worked.