Dark Souls 2

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
1 hour, 8 minutes left to get my shit. West Coast having to wait 3 hours after East Coast to pick up shit that's officially released and is on digital services already is such insane bullshit.
Not as insane as Europe having to wait 3 more days.

If I had any modded consoles or if the PC version was out already, I'd pirate it immediately (I have it pre-ordered, so I wouldn't feel guilty about it in the slightest either).

Digital releases should be worldwide by now.

EDIT: I like the Kotaku review conclusion. Very simple.

GameInformer: 9.75/10
AusGamers: 9.6/10
M!Games: 90%
Famitsu: 9/10/9/9
IGN: 9/10
Gamespot: 9/10
Destructoid: 9/10
Polygon 9/10
EGM: 8.5/10
OXM: 8/10
US Gamer: 5/5
Gamesradar 4.5/5
Escapist: 4.5/5
HardcoreGamer: 4.5/5
Rev3: 4/5
Kotaku: Yes

EDIT2: Stupid database errors.

Anyways, I read a review that sort of disappointed me. Apparently they have made changes to the lighting in the game from the versions shown at game shows compared to the release version. In the game, there are lots of things you can light fire to, in order to see better. The reviewer mentioned that in a previous build, he tried an area where he had to light the various light sources with the torch, however, in the release version that same area was now lit enough to where it was not needed. The torch icon in the inventory now seemed out of place, and more of a reminder of a feature that they had, but is now no longer that relevant. Can see it in some trailers as well, the torch seems to be a dominant feature, but is not anymore.

Hopefully dynamic lighting is something that is still in the PC version, perhaps something that was removed from the PS3/360 versions to keep the framerate steady. If so it will make me feel better about double dipping the game with a PS3 and PC version, since the addition of dynamic lighting alone will make the PC version better all around in terms of atmosphere and apparently how the game was originally intended to be played (since there are things to light all throughout the game).

That said, I will still light everything I can on the off chance that it will trigger some sort of event.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Now that everyone is getting their copy I would love to know what everyone thinks, Sean especially. I know I'm still having a blast and this is one of the few titles I didn't overhype myself on (*cough* Diablo 3). Still have to pick my copy up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Today will be stressful. I get the drop dead answer on the offer we put in for a house and I need to wait for UPS to deliver this. Somehow I have to work too. FUCK! Tonight will be glorious though.

I envision myself having salty tears all night.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Now that everyone is getting their copy I would love to know what everyone thinks, Sean especially. I know I'm still having a blast and this is one of the few titles I didn't overhype myself on (*cough* Diablo 3). Still have to pick my copy up.
The game is exactly what I hoped for. I can only complain about the delay on sprinting so far.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I have no patience.

I just got a virtual visa card, but the PSN had changed how they read CC cards, so the virtual visa wasn't supported anymore.

Then used the virtual visa to buy US PSN cards, but the codes I got don't work....

Also bought some codes from another site using my real visa, but they haven't processed either.

Most likely by the end of the day I will have $150 in useless PSN cards and no game.

I feel Dark Souled before I even get the game
frown.png

EDIT: Well one of the $10 cards worked, so now I am just 50 short!

EDIT2: Just got an email back from them saying the code was correct and was redeemed.... I really hope they are not trying to sell me old codes... damnit.... why must getting this game be so difficult! Stupid internet companies.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm sad right now that I traded in my PS3 and 360 for $100 gift cards to buy a 60" TV.

I need this game badly and can't wait until the PC release! I'm going to be watching streams all day for a long time
frown.png

Troll_sl

shitlord
Waiting on this. If they fixed the controls, I'll get it. If it still feels like a retarded gorilla swimming in molasses... nope.

These days, controls seem to be the real make-it-or-break-it for me. If they can't even get that right, I don't feel like playing their game, no matter how awesome it supposedly is. Here's looking at you, Witcher series.

Szlia

So, thought I had lost all savegames for Dark Souls since I reformatted my HD before I remembered to backup my saves, but I had one save on the PS+ online thing.

Problem I have now is that I don't know what I have done or not. I remember I finished all of it, but the savegame I have now my character is Level 92, 69 hours in. However, I don't know what I am missing. The fire with the snake thing is lit, but the door isn't open. I went to Anor Londo, and saw that I still hadn't killed Gwendolyn. Is there any in game tracker of what you have done? I don't know what souls I have/have not used. Running to every boss to see if I have killed them or not sounds really tedious.
Gwendolyn is not needed to complete the game. At the stage you are at you need the souls of the four lords: Seath in the library, Nito in tomb of the giants, 4 Kings in old lando ruins and Bed of Chaos in Isalith. Note that you might have the souls already and not have sacrificed them to the vessel. I can't think of an easy way to know which you have done and which you have not. Maybe chatting with the snake?

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Currently level 47. 2 shot the Old Dragon Knight, 1 shot the Dragonrider.

Ended up completely despawning all of the Old Knights in that area while trying to get the Old Knight gear set for shits and giggles once I saw pieces dropping there. Got everything but the gloves, then got the gloves in the area past the Dragonrider.
Could be so much higher with co-op boss farming.

The Artorias-in-handcuffs-clone is a breeze as a melee to farm

Balin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's pretty much totally awesome, zero complaints. Also seems like it keeps a solid 30 fps on the PS3 with no drops.
Hmm. There are mixed reports about framerates. Can anybody else confirm that PS3 is pretty good?

I have a 360 and a PS3, and I'm still on the fence which to get. I'm more used to the 360 controller, but I don't really want to pay for XBox Live just for this game. But there have also been reports that framerate slowdowns aren't as bad on 360, especially in some of the starter areas. I've been spoiled by DS1 on PC for a long time now. Going back to crappy framerate chugs will be a drag, but I'm not going to wait 6 weeks.

Balin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
DF did their thing for the 2 console versions:Face-Off: Dark Souls 2 Eurogamer.net

PS3 has better AF and no Tearing (and MP is free), I'd go with that. Screen Tearing pretty much ruins shit, imo.
Yeah I just saw that too, and came to the same conclusion. Leaning PS3 now. Planning to pick it up at lunch today, so I'll have to get completely off the fence by then.

Supposed to have a snow storm overnight. Hoping for a big one so I can scam out of work tomorrow!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm playing this game the way it's meant to be played. On my goddamn PS3, drinking code red DEW, sitting in front of my TV with 7.1 sound. Enjoy your filthy computer monitors filthy casuals hah