Dark Souls 2

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
On the console version, PVP was non-existent (except for a couple confined areas that are "flagged" as PVP zones) for the first few weeks. People were exploring, figuring out builds and so on. Plus it doesn't help that Cracked Red Orbs aren't as easy to come by in DS2 as they were in DS1. The same will, likely, be true for the PC port as well. Give it a few weeks and PVP will pick up drastically.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Attacking" with the hand your shield is in is shield block. Strong attack is bash/parry.

In other news, this has got to be one of the most boring games I've ever played. It's obvious the new guy doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.
ugh, rebinding shit again...

thanks for the info

The notion of someone thinking double click to parry is a good idea..

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'll never understand the need to play offline to avoid pvp, its not even common in DS2 compared to DeS and DS1
I can say the same about avid PvPer's. Why does it offend so much if someone wants to play offline? Different strokes for different folks.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And the player messages everywhere are super helpful. OK so I'm not playing blind at all, fuck you
#1 reason I only play offline. Those messages are ugly-ass graffiti everywhere, and they aren't "helpful" they're unavoidable spoilers. Or they're trolling to try to get you to jump off a cliff or some shit.

This guy does a good job explaining some of the issues I had with the game
Yeah, I listened to that video while playing D3 when it was first making the rounds last week, and I agree with pretty much everything he says. Especially the part about enemies pivoting in place to track you up to the last second before they attack. That's easily the worst change to combat mechanics that they made from the previous games.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I'm mostly okay with playing online and getting invaded, even killed, once in a while. But Belfry Luna....wtf? Invaded 5 times on the way to the boss, all within 15 minutes. And I killed every single invader, but they don't give any fucking souls and I was left with no flasks for the boss. Yeah that's fun... why are gankers rewarded so well in these games while actual skill gets zero recognition?
I had the bell tower ring on, and when I decided to stop invading and move on, it took me 4 tries to actually get the ring off. I'd return to the area and immediately begin invading again. Half the time it's 2 invaders vs host. So lol worthy

Raes

Vyemm Raider
ugh, rebinding shit again...

thanks for the info

The notion of someone thinking double click to parry is a good idea..
Double click for anything in just about any game is retarded. Vindictus has a lot of multiple mouse clicks for different attacks, but they knew what the fuck they were doing and it works great.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where do you save scum now?

So to get this straight, there's no more plunging attacks, jumping attacks, kick and every time you block with a shield you stumble a bit so you cant immediately counterattack?

What's absolutely horrifying is that double clicking does nothing when you assign nothing to double click, so the small delay for a simple attack you can never get rid off..

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I'm not being facetious when I say that this is one of the more poorly designed worlds in recent memory. I'm actually angry that everything is so disjointed. In Dark Souls, you could catch a glimpse of areas from afar and they made sense and everything was united seamlessly. Dark Souls 2 is reminiscent of the nexus system but takes place in a continuous world.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure, GeDoSaTo doesn't support this yet, like DSfix did. Though I agree with Sean, why do you need this anyway? Only legitimate thing I can think of is to work around the stupid, lazy-ass design of the crow trades this time around.

So to get this straight, there's no more plunging attacks, jumping attacks, kick and every time you block with a shield you stumble a bit so you cant immediately counterattack?
There are all of those things. Well, almost. Kick has been replaced with a really shitty shoulder charge that will almost always get you smacked in the face instead of actually pushing the enemy back like you intended. The shield thing is related to stability and whether or not the shield actually absorbs 100% of the damage, IIRC. Finding a high-stability, 100% physical shield in a non-trivial endeavor in DkS2 unless you go look it up on a wiki.

What's absolutely horrifying is that double clicking does nothing when you assign nothing to double click, so the small delay for a simple attack you can never get rid off..
Just accept that the game is not meant to be played with kb/m and plug in a pad.......

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Nah, dude, it's even worse then that. If you don't assign double-click to anything, and you accidentally double-click when you're trying to attack, you do nothing. GG.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
by save scumming I meant copying your savegame so you can actually try things and then restore, especially now that death is so much more expensive and stacks up.

Nah, dude, it's even worse then that. If you don't assign double-click to anything, and you accidentally double-click when you're trying to attack, you do nothing. GG.
That explains a few deaths on my part already. What a terrible port. Will not buy, I do not have a pad and I'll not throw money at something like that just because the company making that game can't be arsed to put some effort into the PC release.

At least graphics are good now, too bad we still get told "press green A" or "press < button" ...

I don't even see a Dual shock 4 gamepad for PC on amazon.de

Lenas

Trump's Staff
When I started NG+ I had 75 effigies and 15 soul vessels. Did a bit of farming, but nothing compared to the first two games. Deaths are inconsequential and builds are extremely easy to change.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Ya....I blew through about 15 getting to and killing Darklurker.....but still had about 20 or so when I started NG+.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
My only gripe about the game is the weapon durability being incredibly low. I hate having to keep 2 or 3 weapons upgraded. I like to focus on and master using 1 weapon at a time :/

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My only gripe about the game is the weapon durability being incredibly low. I hate having to keep 2 or 3 weapons upgraded. I like to focus on and master using 1 weapon at a time :/
Why can you not just take a quick trip to one of the three blacksmiths that can repair? There's also a repair spell and the powders, though I never used either of those.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why can you not just take a quick trip to one of the three blacksmiths that can repair? There's also a repair spell and the powders, though I never used either of those.
It's a pain when you are in a middle of a fight and it goes from "your weapon is about to break" to "it's broken". The powders work but only if the weapon hasn't broke yet.