Dark Souls 2

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Pursuer is extremely predictable once you're used to the fight. Perfect DS boss: extremely hard at first, but after learning and practice becomes simple.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Pursuer is extremely predictable once you're used to the fight. Perfect DS boss: extremely hard at first, but after learning and practice becomes simple.
Agreed, wish there were more bosses like him. Also the fact that he was so aggressive made him awesome too, a lot of the other bosses will stand back and occasionally charge but he gets up in your face the entire fight.. and if you back up too much he shoots shit at you.

Jayblah_sl

shitlord
If anyone has a Drakekeeper's Shield or a Mirrah Greatsword (my game bugged out, Lucatiel vanished, and I can't buy it) for trade, please let me know. Steam ID: Jayblah

My SM is around 8.5 million.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
People likely need to know your gaming platform.
Steam ID: Jayblah
Heheheh
smile.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oops - or he editted it in before the mark multitasking a bit, could've missed it.

heyholetsgo_sl

shitlord
Was looking to get into the Dark Souls series. Pretty casual gamer. Which game would you guys recommend to start on, the first one or second? Or even demons souls?

Northerner

N00b
I'd say that all three are worth playing so you might as well do them in order!

DS2 is the easiest or at least most accessible however if you just want to pick one of them.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I tried playing Demon's Souls recently, had never played it before so I grabbed a copy for 10$ at a Gamestop. Game is actually completely unplayable for me, it is so butt ugly that I cannot stand to look at it for more than 5 minutes, and holy shit is the framerate bad. Combined with the game being mostly dead making trying to nudge world tendency to where you want it a huge pain in the balls I just gave up after like 8 hours.

If you do try it I'd recommend just never being online, as the only other people you'll ever encounter are super twink black phantoms, but even those are rare.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Had some problems with the smelter demon but took him out last night. After beating bosses I have been going back and reading wiki's for boss fights to see what I missed. There's always so many good ideas there =\

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
In DS1 I played with a spear and really liked it, then I heard somewhere that the best spear build in DS2 is mundane santier's spear so I went and built that (by even skipping content to get it!). But it really seems weak because all the tough enemies are resistant to slashing =\

After playing with it for a few levels I switched to a strength build and am rocking a Gyrm Anvil Hammer. I still feel like my hormoculous mace is stronger.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I went full str and never regretted it, although I used a claymore and occasionally the pursuer's ultra greatsword.

I could never get into spears/halberds. Whacked the walls a few too many times and met unsettling results.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The thing about the winged spear in DS1 that makes so much sense is that all the attacks are thrust attacks so you never swing at the wall or swing in an arc that misses the enemy.

From a logical standpoint the spear would be the way to go when fighting monsters. It'd certainly be my weapon of choice if I had to fight a bear or lion! It just seems like slash weapons are so weak against all the tough mobs.

spronk

FPS noob
if anyone really loves DS2 for ps3 and wants the CE its selling on amazon warehouse for $35-39, like half the launch price
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used

if you read the description carefully you can usually pick one up that just has cosmetic shipping damage and is otherwise shrinkwrapped and untouched (amazon warehouse is their division that handles shit that fell off trucks, damaged in storage, returns, etc).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm going to go back and finally beat Dark Souls 1 and then try Demon Souls.

For Dark Souls 1 I played pretty shittily and am at the top of Sen's Fortress. Wondering if I should re-roll and play it again now knowing how to actually play the game. What say you? I could probably one-shot most of the bosses.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to go back and finally beat Dark Souls 1 and then try Demon Souls.

For Dark Souls 1 I played pretty shittily and am at the top of Sen's Fortress. Wondering if I should re-roll and play it again now knowing how to actually play the game. What say you? I could probably one-shot most of the bosses.
If you're only planning on playing it once just to see it, I'd say don't bother. I too played DS2 and then got DS1 to see what I had missed out on. On the PC version at least, messages are few and far between. Actual players are all but nonexistent. This is to be expected for a three year old shitty port, mind you, but I'm finding my enjoyment slightly diminished because of the stark contrast in population from DS1 to DS2.