Dark Souls 2

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They cost 10,000 souls each, so he's saying you will raise your Soul Memory much higher than it should be. I don't mind, pvp at max tier is fun.

Ziggurat_sl

shitlord
Wish I didn't roll over to ng+ after the ancient dragon + dark lurker down. I have zero inspiration to replay the game even though the 60+ hrs I played were totally worth it. If the rumor of a 4th dlc is true maybe ill buy em all at once to squeeze 10ish extra hrs out of it. /shrug
The existing 3 dlcs will add a lot more than 10 hours

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Good to hear.....was under the impression each was about 3 hrs worth of content. I killed every optional boss in my first play through but once I started ng+ I didnt have the will to continue playing.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
3 hours after you know where everything is, maybe. I spent 3 hours in one DLC alone before I even fought the first boss. Probably more like 5 or 6, but I also did them the first time in NG+

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
3 hours after you know where everything is, maybe. I spent 3 hours in one DLC alone before I even fought the first boss. Probably more like 5 or 6, but I also did them the first time in NG+
ill be doin it in ng+ as well but I dont look forward to smelter / ancient dragon / or darklurker in the harder difficulty. Plus I play single player with no summoning npcs(flashed xbox n all)

so apparently some of the ng+ encounters are tough as sword n board. Should end up frustratingly satisfying if I ever decide to load it up again.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Holy balls on my face. This is from their Facebook page

The undead curse continues to spread across the kingdom of Drangleic with **Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin**, available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, and Steam on the following dates:

EU: April 3, 2015
Americas: April 7, 2015

This ultimate Dark Souls II experience features additional in-game events and NPCs along with new deadlier enemies and gameplay improvements. This experience includes the original Dark Souls II along with the three DLC chapters - Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, and Crown of the Ivory King. It will also take advantage of the advanced power of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and DirectX11 capable PCs to provide enhanced graphics for those platforms!
It's happening

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Wow they're really makin bank on the different iterations of dks2. Hopefully this means an eventual #3 maybe even by the original creator since apparently it's super profitable.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Does the basic game still have the 60FPS=more durability loss, and smaller roll window times ect? Would be shitty if they blocked the fix for that behind a new edition.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Loved the game and even got the Platinum Trophy on PS3, but unless they change the broken durability loss on weapons bs, i'm not interested in double dipping this time. I'm more excited about Bloodborne, which should be released around that time.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it's becoming more and more apparent that the smartest way to buy games these days is by waiting a year and picking up the "GOTY edition" with all the extra stuff thrown into it at a 50% steam discount price.

And maybe your favorite bugs are fixed, too!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
it's becoming more and more apparent that the smartest way to buy games these days is by waiting a year and picking up the "GOTY edition" with all the extra stuff thrown into it at a 50% steam discount price.

And maybe your favorite bugs are fixed, too!
Eh, my original plan with Dark souls 2 was to buy the original right away on PS3, then wait like 2years to buy the final version with all DLC on PC and replay it at that point. Sure I buy the same game twice but it's spread over a couple of years and when I buy it again it's super cheap and I get to rediscover it, so whatever.

Bloodborne might put a wrench in that plan though, we'll see.

You can definitely just play stuff when it's been released for a while though, and go through your backlog of stuff like that, works fine especially if you don't play much since you can just pick the best games over the years and shit. For me, I'd rather play new stuff when it's new, and play the old stuff when there's no new stuff to play. I play enough that I have time to do both.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Was hoping Dark Souls 2 would go on sale for ~$20 for the PS3 this holiday season. Now, not sure if I should just wait for the PS4 version this spring (I realize it won't be $20 but that's okay).

I read a lot of complaints about the PS3 version's graphic quality and framerate. Was it really that bad?

skylan_sl

shitlord
On sale at steam for the next roughly 24 hours for $15. Good chance for those that weren't so sure to give it a shot, like I'm going to do today.