Dark Souls 3

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn grats on Sister Freia thats a tough fight.

I like the Endurance fights in a way... but that fight in particular feels very frustrating every time i fail in phase 3. In theory the first two phases are not very hard, in reality i always wind up burning a chunk of estus in them. Maybe it's just rust but it definitely feels like except on the first DLC boss the really varied around with the timings on the bosses in the xpacs.

That and the bosses in the other DLC are the only Soulsborne ones I've never killed so I'm sure I'll get to it but i haven't been able to put in that long session i need to first relearn the reflexes/fights then execute them correctly.

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Phase 2 can be a bitch if they tend to hover together to much or you end up far away when she heals him.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
So I have beaten Dark Souls 3 twice and Ariandel once. I started the Ringed City DLC which seems cool but I have read is very hard. Is it worth slamming my face through soloing this expansion? Im about ready for a break or another game.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
So I have beaten Dark Souls 3 twice and Ariandel once. I started the Ringed City DLC which seems cool but I have read is very hard. Is it worth slamming my face through soloing this expansion? Im about ready for a break or another game.

Worth doing but I'd skip the optional Midir fight. Combination of a huge HP pool on that tank of a boss, with a fairly time consuming run to the fight, and the fight itself being pretty boring once you know the dodge pattern makes it more trouble than it's worth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider

Imo, try it at least until you get the twin demo fight. See how you feel about that one.
If its too frustrating perhaps put DS on shelf for a while.

Give the Surge a try if you want a DS like game that's not DS.

Its actually surprisingly good.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Imo, try it at least until you get the twin demo fight. See how you feel about that one.
If its too frustrating perhaps put DS on shelf for a while.

Give the Surge a try if you want a DS like game that's not DS.

Its actually surprisingly good.
I have not heard of The Surge. Ill check it out .

italica

Trakanon Raider
Note about the Surge... all the bosses drop a weapon, they also drop a slightly better version of the weapon if you kill them with in a specific way or with a specific requirement. That was annoying to find out 4 bosses in.

Edit: Not a massive difference, both versions are perfectly viable, I'm just an annoying perfectionist.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have not heard of The Surge. Ill check it out .

I put a thread up about it a few days ago.

it's def got some very good parts. But it's partly ruined by the whole "your a guy fighting a factory, probably it went haywire or something" If bashing industrial robots has always been a fantasy of yours i imagine you'll love it. Otherwise i just play it for the combat.

I did not know that thing about the bosses. I just beat the big sister and now I'm wondering if i got the "good boss weapons" I did use the first bosses big blade thing for a while until finding another gigantic piece of metal to use.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Just killed the first boss of the Ringed City DLC. The Demons. Yay.

• 1Like

italica

Trakanon Raider
I did not know that thing about the bosses. I just beat the big sister and now I'm wondering if i got the "good boss weapons" I did use the first bosses big blade thing for a while until finding another gigantic piece of metal to use.

The better versions all have the same name with a 2.0 on the end.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just a general question, when do you decide you have more souls than you can risk and go back to level? I've probably lost 10k+ souls at this point that I was unable to retrieve.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If I have 1 - 2 levels worth of souls and I think I'm still a ways from a bonfire I often go back. Or if I have a pile of souls and no more Estus.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
If I have 1 - 2 levels worth of souls and I think I'm still a ways from a bonfire I often go back. Or if I have a pile of souls and no more Estus.
Same. You have to play it by ear. I try to go back when I have more than a levels worth mid to late game. Early on I will do a couple levels worth.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Midir's not really that bad, just a ton of HP on him(go in with Gold Pine Resin's/Lightning Spells too his face, for the final kill shot hah)

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
The Giant Judicators respawning sucks. Found Midir. He melted my face on a bridge.

sole

Molten Core Raider
Loved Bloodborne, never played a DS game before but I've been playing DS3 for a few days. Thought for sure I was dead on this one:

ZFezw6A.jpg

Loving it so far.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Loved Bloodborne, never played a DS game before but I've been playing DS3 for a few days. Thought for sure I was dead on this one:

ZFezw6A.jpg

Loving it so far.

I am really enjoying DS3. Beat it twice and working on the last DLC now. Fought Midir for the first time today. Got him to about half before I ran out of estus and died. Time to git gud.

• 1Like