Dark Souls 3

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Nameless king is a motherfuck until you get phase 1 down (Don't lock on). His phase two is a lot simpler because he isn't super aggressive, doesn't have a lot of movesets and telegraphs like an asshole.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
u35hNZmMgexg3lq-.ts.gif

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hatorade Hatorade Not sure what this says about me as a person... but I got up 45 minutes early this morning before I headed to the airport so I could try this.

I used a dagger is SOTFS extensively, early on. Then never again. But it was very effective iirc. Thanks for the advice and the link!

nice...reinstalling now. Going to try a dagger/bleed run this time. Maybe actually use a bow too.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Help...........

Anybody know how to get your White Soapstone back? I just went to drop a summon sign in front of a fog gate, and it's gone from my inventory. Not in my Storage Box either. Just gone. I've wracked my brain trying to think of an instance where I could have lost it, but I mean that's not very realistic to me since it's not used for anything else. The Red one is there, along with everything else, but no White one. WTF?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Help...........

Anybody know how to get your White Soapstone back? I just went to drop a summon sign in front of a fog gate, and it's gone from my inventory. Not in my Storage Box either. Just gone. I've wracked my brain trying to think of an instance where I could have lost it, but I mean that's not very realistic to me since it's not used for anything else. The Red one is there, along with everything else, but no White one. WTF?

IIRC it's something you buy from one of the first vendors, isn't it? Been ages since I've done DS3 though.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
IIRC it's something you buy from one of the first vendors, isn't it? Been ages since I've done DS3 though.

Thanks. But I had one and have used it a bunch of times already over the last few weeks - just the other day I fact. Today, it's gone.

I didn't even know you could buy one? Thought you just had one in inventory automatically when you started. I haven't tried buying another one... hmm. I'll give that a go when I get home.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vaclav Vaclav , checked the merchants and yeah, the shrine ho shows it for sale (you're right, I did buy it afterall I guess - thought it was a gift) but zero now available. The Internet says it happens occasionally but there's no remedy outside of ng+.

Thanks again.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished the main story up to what I believe is the last bonfire. Question: is it best to complete this before starting the dlc (I have both Ariandel and Ringed), or wait until after finishing dlc, or is it irrelevant? Thanks!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Pontiff is a cunt. Easy as shit though.

Funny, he was my great skill check. I probably fought him 20 times and had to finally learn to parry in 3 to beat him.

My good friend started playing this a few weeks ago and texted me how hard his skill check was the Old Demon King (which I one-shotted) and that he one-shot Pontiff.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Finished the main story up to what I believe is the last bonfire. Question: is it best to complete this before starting the dlc (I have both Ariandel and Ringed), or wait until after finishing dlc, or is it irrelevant? Thanks!

No do the DLC first, if you beat the main story you will have to do some/most of it again to access the DLC. The DLC also some some really good NG++ ring drops so there is that.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are two hidden areas: untended graves and archdragon peak.

Fuck OFF! Really? I got messed up with this in SOTFS with the question marks on the bonfire menu. Didn't see anything like that here so figured I had been everywhere. Lemme guess, there's an extremely obtuse way to access those areas unless you paid very close attention on the initial playthrough?

Or its probably just me being retarded and missing stuff like I did in the previous games, lol.

Thanks for the heads up. Got some searching to do tonight!

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No do the DLC first, if you beat the main story you will have to do some/most of it again to access the DLC. The DLC also some some really good NG++ ring drops so there is that.

Glad I asked you learned gents. Fedor just steered me to at least two areas I have completely missed.

So, you are saying this is just like Bloodborne, where if you don't launch the dlc prior to completion you are fukd until ng+.

I try not to look things up on the net and so force myself to figure them out on my own - even took a bunch of plot notes along the way. But you guys are my cavalry when I need to fire a flare. Much appreciated. Would have sucked balls to have to go through again prior to entering the dlc as my schedule is super tight these days.