Dark Souls 3

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know if M+KB will be usable in the 3rd one? I've only got the first one on PC and can't stand playing it with a controller

Column_sl

shitlord
This man speaks for me. Although I loved the environments/world of DS1 more, DS2 had superior game mechanics.
I swear you Wall Scroll hanging Weebs are trying to trigger me again with another Worst Souls debate...

I'll just have to accept some people like to eat shit.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, swing tracking in DS2 was bullshit. Reeeeally obvious in the Sentinels of the Bastille fight, where they can start an animation with you literally jogging around them, and then there's a 50/50 chance they would still hit you unless you rolled at the right moment to trigger the invul frames. You could watch them turn mid-swing hah.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BB was rife with that shit too. And I didn't say it was perfect, just that there was far more viable variety.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
BB had its problems but I think it to be the superior game.

Just watching some of these videos you can tell they used the BB engine, so it will be interesting to see what combat really feels like.

Column_sl

shitlord
I like some of the environments they are showing, but the fast game play has me abit worried that it wont be as rpgish as the first Dark Souls.

Anyway I'm ready for a new Souls game regardless.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I like some of the environments they are showing, but the fast game play has me abit worried that it wont be as rpgish as the first Dark Souls.

Anyway I'm ready for a new Souls game regardless.
100% agree.

Not sure if Worst Souls is actually worst Souls, though. They're all incredible.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the aggressive-fast style pacing in Bloodborne and the slow-defensive style in DS should remain mutually exclusive. Yeah, they handle similarly, but the pacing of the game is somewhat what defines the two games for me. I also think Bloodborne's bosses are far more "epic" but I don't know if that's stylistic or hardware limitations.

Either way, I'm excited for this game. I still don't really understand "builds" though, think it's hampering my experience somewhat.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Ds2 had much better mechanics lol. Just like the fucking overhead Lazer tracking
Yeah, swing tracking in DS2 was bullshit. Reeeeally obvious in the Sentinels of the Bastille fight, where they can start an animation with you literally jogging around them, and then there's a 50/50 chance they would still hit you unless you rolled at the right moment to trigger the invul frames. You could watch them turn mid-swing hah.
It's like dodging actually took skill and timing or something.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think the aggressive-fast style pacing in Bloodborne and the slow-defensive style in DS should remain mutually exclusive.
Both of them can thematically make sense within the same world. Be slow and plodding like Havel or be a ninja flipping rogue. The biggest thing that changed how you played Bloodborne was the hp regeneration mechanic.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It was only bullshit because it was counter to the way it worked in DS1. I don't think I'd call it necessarily worse, just different. We were all already conditioned by DS1 though so it felt really wrong at first.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Huh? The enemys weapon followed you until the last second. It was bullshit
Your attacks don't track, but what your fighting's attacks do. That's what I call bullshit~ It wasn't so much that it required skill, it just required that you exploit the ever living shit out of invul frames if you weren't tanking the hits. BB definitely had tracking attacks as well, but it wasn't anywhere near as obvious as it was in DS2. Possibly because of the more frenetic playstyle, but even with that in mind, it was definitely over-used/played in DS2.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
No idea why Japan gets this a month in advance, just ordered my copy tho from play asia.
Went to the site, I see a (Japan) version that releases on March 24th, however the (English, Chinese subtitles) is just listed as April.