Dark Souls 3

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I'm playing the first Dark Soul Right now. The game kicked my ass a few time. Was strange I finished it over 15 times in the past. Funny you also get the Uchigatana very early in dark soul 1.

I'm a longsword user. It's usually my favorite weapon. the moveset in DS3 seems to be back to the same in Dark Soul 1. They mixed the moveset in DS2 with the sun sword.

I think they made a mistake with how they handled the release.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Really fired up to play this in a couple weeks. I have an Xbox One.... Doubt I will buy it on that over PS4 even early because I have a lot going on for Easter and next weekend too.

Are shields relevant again?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Apparently the only reason it's releasing 3 weeks delayed in the U.S. is because our new fiscal year will have started by then and Bandai Namco's US publishing division want those sales credited to next year.

Really stupid reason for both players and game developers, but makes total sense.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Are shields relevant again?
I had no patience and bought the Japanese version.

Many/most weapons have skills now that use mana, some being block mechanics. So shields somewhat less relevant, but as relevant as they've ever been for 1h builds. Though you can dual wield as well.

So far it is very Dark Souls. Within the first two hours I got scared by sudden large mobs, I cheesed encounters with a bow, I saw dragons and mimics, and died to all.

It is a pain to play the JP version though. Really miss item descriptions and being able to read messages.

Technical bits: It has FPS issues, it has crashed once and if you are a PC gamer you WILL notice 30fps and below. Streams of the PC version look much more smooth, but not really more graphically impressive. Doubt you will need a high end system to max this game on the PC. On the PS4, rolling into a room with lots of furniture/barrels can seem like there is a graphical feature called "slow mo".

When the game releases in English, I will buy it on the PC for sure.

Overall thoughts so far, it is brilliant, love it, and to hell with anyone complaining "oh we are getting these games too fast, they are milking the franchise". 2017 Bloodborne 2, 2018 Demon souls 2, 2019 Dark Souls 4, 2020 Bloodborne 3... And so on until we are all as insane as the people in the games.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Agreed. Yearly releases aren't a bad thing with gameplay this sublime.

Pretty impressive they've released three stellar games (yeah, I went there - Souls 2, for all its faults, is a masterpiece, if not on the level of its forbears) in three years. I wouldn't have thought they had the resources for the three games because I'm pretty sure they were all in development by early 2013.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah even though DS2 is the runt of the litter it's still in my top 10 games for the generation.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The version from downloading on XB1 is full english, including the voice acting. It's is literally the English game. Did you import a hard copy from JP?

The undead dudes who transform into black muscle monsters kill my framerate.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Overall thoughts so far, it is brilliant, love it, and to hell with anyone complaining "oh we are getting these games too fast, they are milking the franchise". 2017 Bloodborne 2, 2018 Demon souls 2, 2019 Dark Souls 4, 2020 Bloodborne 3... And so on until we are all as insane as the people in the games.
Well, this is definitely the last Dark Souls. So you will want to see the story wrap up. (Which quite honestly I cannot comprehend anyway). Other than that it will be interesting to see where this type of game goes next.

Column_sl

shitlord
If it's the last I'm definitely enjoying the ride so far.

Watching the streamers run the PC version in their 60 pimps only edition has me so jealous.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Droigan I'm surprised you bought it after all the talk about story and shit
It's Dark Souls! I am weak!

I love the exploration and combat. Now the English PC version will give a lot too other than just slightly updated graphics and framerate. I will miss so much now. I for instance have no idea if locked doors are locked, does not open from that side, blocked, etc. I just run and die horribly everywhere.

I wouldn't recommend others doing it, but I don't regret it
smile.png

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Took a few more cracks at the Fume Knight tonight. Attempt total is estimated at 15-20, but being sober definitely made it easier. I usually make it to his second phase now, after which I seem to lose any ability to dodge.

He's gonna fucking die though.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Holy hell, I fucking wrecked him next try. Eschewed all defense, donned Bracing Knuckle ring, anything to help with stamina, then two-handed a rapier. Dodged his shit, got 2-4 pokes in every time he whiffed. Beat him down so quickly he didn't ignite his sword until he was down to about 20% and I was able to kill him while he was charging up.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Grats on fume knight he is a fun fight. Him and the Alonne ninja Boss are amazing fight.

DS2 wasn't really great and the 3 DLC saved that game. The weapon balance, Online and DLC was great. I'm still mad about teleporting into the boss`s grab attack.

While playing DS1 I forgot how enemies where more rare and I liked that. I'm amazed on how well that game was designed. I knew it was one of the best level design but after all those years I'm still amazed.

Playing it at 60 FPS is also impressive. I play during lunch break at work and lots of people look at it and are amazed on how good it look for a 4-5 years old game. (Thank you Durante)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I tried to watch some streams of this last night but people had already beaten the last game or were at the end, had to shut them off. Pretty sure I saw the last boss by mistake.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I tried to watch some streams of this last night but people had already beaten the last game or were at the end, had to shut them off. Pretty sure I saw the last boss by mistake.
Yeah I just watched the opening boss and the Japanese guy trying to kill it with all of us trying to tell him how to lock on to the target.

Going dark on this one until release isn't a bad idea.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Started using a shield for the first time. Seems really OP. Block -> punish -> win