Dark Souls 3

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
@UT-
I of course preferred the more methodical combat of the other DS games, but I get that a good chunk of dudes prefer the twitch, mash, and roll thing.

I am on 1.3 patch on PS4 and it plays just fine. Only noticeable dips were when I spammed spells in a crowded area. Game looks amazing on a decent TV (playing it on a 60inch Aquos) and the audio is fucking amazing (I have a 9.1 200 watt per channel home system) on the PS4. I wonder if the frame drops are on TVs with shitty refresh rates, because when I play in our livingroom setup, there is virtually no drop in performance unless I am trying to skunk it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't really feel it's like Bloodborne at all. It's not even remotely as fast-paced as BB was. If I had to compare it to another From game, I'd say it's most like Demon's Souls. Shields are very much optional, dual wielding is actually viable again, etc.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
@UT-
I of course preferred the more methodical combat of the other DS games, but I get that a good chunk of dudes prefer the twitch, mash, and roll thing.

I am on 1.3 patch on PS4 and it plays just fine. Only noticeable dips were when I spammed spells in a crowded area. Game looks amazing on a decent TV (playing it on a 60inch Aquos) and the audio is fucking amazing (I have a 9.1 200 watt per channel home system) on the PS4. I wonder if the frame drops are on TVs with shitty refresh rates, because when I play in our livingroom setup, there is virtually no drop in performance unless I am trying to skunk it.
Ok awesome. Picking up for PS4 over lunch today.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, nothing about this game strikes me as "twitchy" nor am I "mashing" my attacks at all. Sure monsters are more aggressive or whatever, just have to roll a bit more I guess?

I don't get where people act like BB was some combo fighter ala Devil May Cry either.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if the frame drops are on TVs with shitty refresh rates, because when I play in our livingroom setup, there is virtually no drop in performance unless I am trying to skunk it.
Unlikely since the streamers who had the problems are playing on expensive monitors. There are especially two late bosses that destroyed the FPS on the Xbox version. Wouldn't be surprised if it was in single digits at times.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
It's just a more streamlined Souls game. They probably expect people playing it to be experienced, so pushed the aggression up.

I feel my shield is way more useful than before and some of the enemies have a wider variety of combat moves.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am a shitlord and did like fighting hoplite style, with spear and shield, but those two things are unrelated. I just liked the methodical technique based fighting of DS1&2, with or without a shield. I actually mostly used 2hs and 2h pikes in DS2, to be honest. The high speed combat style of BB is not worse, its just not something I prefer (especially all the one hit kills in the later chalice dungeons). The one thing I did not care for was the counter intuitive hit boxes in BB and that seems to the general rule in this game, along with a return to fighting the camera a lot during boss fights (something DS1 and BB were both guilty of). Outside of those concerns, the balance seems decent and all weapons look pretty viable. I have not gotten far enough to decide if magic is out of whack, one way or the other, yet.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I cannot get the timing down for ripostes - never got even one off in the tutorial area, and I died several times trying. Regretted it once somebody here said you don't get NPC invaded when not in ember form

Heian

Molten Core Raider
The ripost window feels like the one from DS2. I agree with Vorph the game feels like Demon's Soul. Right now I'm trying to adjust my play style but I don't remember how fast was bloodborne but it's quite faster than DS1. I did play DS1 latelly so I have to adjust myself.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's about in the middle between the two I feel. Faster than DS1 but slower than BB. It's ok for me. I've always thought the speed of either game should be a differentiator between the two series. If I wanted Dark Souls to be as fast as Bloodbourne they might as well make Bloodbourne 2 instead of Dark Souls 3.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Really really good man the world is just amazing, I got Yhorm sitting in the Shrine now, I've been exploring everything and trying to figure out how to get Bramd..

As far as combat goes it seems to be a mix of DS1 + Bloodborne(it is not as fast as BB, but faster then Dark Souls 1/2)

Needless

Toe Sucker
Really doesn't seem like you don't get much all for souls to level yourself up compared to the other games

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Slow leveling reminds me more of Demon's Souls than Dark Souls. Then again DS2 was really fast compared to DS1.

But yeah going through an entire area and seeing only like 700 souls is a downer lol

Anyone else fuck up and choose the soul as a starter item? I thought it'd be a unique turn-in item but it was just a regular soul drop :[

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Seems like souls required for leveling are lower as well, though. Making it through tutorial, having killed the boss and the lizard and all the trash on the way I had like 7k souls, which got me probably 7 levels.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Crashed has gone way down but it still is happening about once every 30 minutes. Pretty annoying. Hope they patch this shit soon.

Other than that, liking the game. Love the atmosphere and of course the combat.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Slow leveling reminds me more of Demon's Souls than Dark Souls. Then again DS2 was really fast compared to DS1.

But yeah going through an entire area and seeing only like 700 souls is a downer lol

Anyone else fuck up and choose the soul as a starter item? I thought it'd be a unique turn-in item but it was just a regular soul drop :[
I chose no starting gift 'cause I ain't a little bitch

Needless

Toe Sucker

Demon's Souls was also relatively easier to finish at SL1 due to the one weapon you could use fully upgrade was actually really good (i think i used a scimitar with full bleeds?), and Royalty was broken regardless of being level 1 so leveling wasn't a big deal in that game imo

I just chose the life ring, I didn't notice any optimal choices although i probably should have went with the fire gem to get myself an early fire based weapon in hindsight

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My thought as well. Fire gem seems the smartest choice for dealing with those exploding abyss monster assholes.