Dark Souls 3

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like in Anor Londo my 0 Vitality run comes to an end. Fuck getting 1-shotted by every single attack, even through the shield.
Invis and arrow screwage can get you past a lot of it. The silver knight guys cannot cross the bridge before the spiral stair tower, so you can literally sit out of their reach and poke them with a superior reach weapon at zero risk, if you want. The cathedral area casters can be skunked by arrows (as can the spider) from complete safety. Just ignore the blobs. Boss is a different story and you will need to slot all the magic resist you can (Dancer set should be available on the vendors at this point) if you have not been getting more VIT points. It is certainly doable. In fact, I did not start buying vitality until after that part of the game because the dragon area pushes your shit in with base HP.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vit is weight, vigor is hp. Personally I think it should have been one stat, because having a stat just for weight and a pathetic amount of resists is pretty stupid.

Not sure how you get 1-shot through the shield though, unless you're trying to block the lightning charged attacks that do massive damage without using a lothric knight shield (which has close to 90% lightning def). I still wouldn't block those anyway, they drain a ton of stamina and lead to guard breaks.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Vit? You mean vigor? Those are kinda confusing

The lloyd rings are amazing for glass builds where you are taking a chug on hit basically every time

Vorph

Follow-up on Crystal Chime: I decided to commit a slab to it, and at +5 it has 180 spell buff with 20 int and 30 faith. Definitely the winner for use as a weapon buffer, even for dark blade. It's possible Caitha's Chime pulls ahead for dark if you raise int to 30, but I have no intention of doing that.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The hitpoint stat I kept at 10 for 403 hp. No idea if Vitality of Vigor. I got that far without any cheesing, which was one hell of a challenge in the last few areas because many attacks would kill me from full HP, but at least I could block those or they had reasonable wind-up so I could dodge out of the way.
On the plus side, jailers were a joke because I could fully heal with two kills from EE ring from their hp drain
wink.png

Anor Londo Silver Knights 1-shot me with their lightning sword stab through a 100% pdef shield.

Since I haven't spent any points after reaching Stamina-Stat 40 (and fuck spending 6 levels for another point of stamina), I could just afford to go from this to this

MhyZxs8.png

500k something souls.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The fire is MINE bitch. The rest of you can wander in the dark.

Last few bosses were so epic. And the grind spot at Prince, lol. I can outfit a whole army of knights.

Vorph

The fire is MINE bitch. The rest of you can wander in the dark.
Did the ending actually work for you? I went back to Firelink before NG+ to pick up items and farm souls to buy everything off all the vendors and

Yuria was still there, the Fire Keeper was still telling me to link the flames, etc. I had to kill Yuria to get Darkdrift and her ashes, and had to buy her armor instead of it just being on the ground. I got the achievement for the Usurper ending, just nothing else worked as it was supposed to aside from the blink-and-you-missed-it cutscene.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm currently beating my head on Champion Gundyr. Phase 1 isn't bad but phase 2 is the standard overly aggressive boss that they love in this game. I honestly have no idea when I'm supposed to retaliate let alone heal when he chains combo into combo into combo.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I'm currently beating my head on Champion Gundyr. Phase 1 isn't bad but phase 2 is the standard overly aggressive boss that they love in this game. I honestly have no idea when I'm supposed to retaliate let alone heal when he chains combo into combo into combo.
Have you tried summoning the swordsman NPC? While I understand solo only approach this game really encourages some type of co-op. Also you can parry most of his attacks, I focused on that with my first melee character.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I try avoiding summons as much as possible. I'm not a purist but I like to beat bosses solo even if some take a couple of hours.

Vorph

He's meant to be parried. Bait the stab-stab-overhead swing combo, and parry on the third hit. The one where he does a long backswing before a wide slash has pretty easy timing too. Bring a small shield, not a standard one, for the longer parry window. Watch out for the grab and the shoulder charge, you can't parry those.

Buff lightning (I didn't try it myself but gold pine bundle should work in between the parry and the riposte) and put the biggest riposte damage weapon you have in your mainhand to reduce the number of successful parries needed.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Roughly translated patch notes

. Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
. Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
. Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria's Fingers less strict.
. Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untended Graves.
. Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
. Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
. Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
. Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
. Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
. Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
. Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
. Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
. (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can't access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
. (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
. Fine tuned various other things, fine tune performance, and corrected various bugs.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Killed 5 blue phantoms last night. Felt awful doing it, even debated giving them the win and being a soulbro.

Then I realized I wasn't even summoned once so fuck em.

Can't see spoilers on mobile but good heads up I'll check em out.

Edit: if parry is too much yeah summon the sword master guy and bow or spell kite him and tighten the circle as necessary so swordie can get some hits. You want to keep pressure to keep attention (seems to make a big diff) and especially go hard with range hits at the end of his attack chains or a move on swordie. He will flask if you make a good peel for him and has lots of drinks just don't let him die. I'd suggest the parry method too but if you are truly that parry averse this method worked on my Pyro main.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am still working on the dragon boss, though I have beat him as an ally with another player. I did my normal balanced everything built to try stuff out that I do in every souls game the first time through, so I had 20s across the board (except Luck) for the longest time, until I decided to nut up and pump INT to give the Moonlight GS a try. Sunbro sword is still better, but the MLGS is definitely viable if you want it to be. Also, the black fireball pyro spell and the lava spell are amazeballs retarded. The downside to all of this is that the Nameless King really needs you to be very specialized (or overlevelled I guess) if you want any shot at beating him alone. I might just coop him this run, because his stage two is too relentless to do the slow and steady path.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Interview with Miyazaki:

Speaking in an E3 presentation attended by VideoGamer.com, Miyazaki explained (translated via Bandai Namco producer Atsuo Yoshimura) that "first of all, this is still not the final product for the Dark Souls series. However, Miyazaki-san believes this will probably be the turning point for the Dark Souls series.

"So first of all, Dark Souls has a really unique world view, so Miyazaki-san believes it is not a good idea to continuously release titles for this series. This will probably be the turning point of From Software as a whole as well, just because this is the last project that From Software has started working on a prototype before Miyazaki-san became the president of the company.

"So it's just a turning point. It is true that it will be a turning point but it's still not the final game for the Dark Souls series."

Miyazaki's comments follow one day after Bandai Namco Europe's vice president of marketing Herve Hoerdt described Dark Souls 3 as the "final episode", suggesting that the series could be due to come to an end.

However, when asked to expand on where he was considering taking Dark Souls in the future, Miyazaki explained (via Yoshimura):

"From Software is well known not only for the fantasy game, but they've been creating the sci-fi mech game Armored Core [and] also some Japanese-style games, like the Ninja games. So Miyazaki-san may introduce new direction in those genres or themes that From Software has worked on in the past in new, future titles.

"However, there are so many things that Miyazaki-san wants to work on, and though he's communicating with us saying, 'I want to do this, I want to do this', but he's actually not communicating anything at this moment, so don't call him a liar even if that isn't happening!"

Vorph

I am still working on the dragon boss, though I have beat him as an ally with another player. I did my normal balanced everything built to try stuff out that I do in every souls game the first time through, so I had 20s across the board (except Luck) for the longest time, until I decided to nut up and pump INT to give the Moonlight GS a try. Sunbro sword is still better, but the MLGS is definitely viable if you want it to be. Also, the black fireball pyro spell and the lava spell are amazeballs retarded. The downside to all of this is that the Nameless King really needs you to be very specialized (or overlevelled I guess) if you want any shot at beating him alone. I might just coop him this run, because his stage two is too relentless to do the slow and steady path.
Bleed wrecks him. I had Hollow Carthus Curved Sword +10 buffed with rouge and 40(+10) luck, but it should still work with any 33-34 bleed weapon and rouge. It just takes a couple extra hits to fill the invisible meter. In hindsight, warden twinblades (they work ok as refined or sharp if you don't have the luck to support hollow) would have made the fight ridiculously easier; will definitely be using them when I get back there in NG+.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If Souls/Borne series stop completely, I may commit seppuku.
If they really ditch the Souls lore, they can't recycle all those enemies anymore.

anyways, I'm now managing in Anor Londo... and they still throw titanite shards at me? I have 50 of those now, is there any use to these?

wow, the Anor Londo Silver knights that throw shitty shards at you respawn, and the Silver Knights in the city that drop Large shards don't. D: