Dark Souls 3

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Scythe says it bangs up shields not sure how much with Knight slayer ring

Or if it more chip damage or if it does anything even

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wind up on that is super long and you are likely to get kicked or bashed (or worse, parried) before you can land it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I guess there's really nothing stopping any of us from making this build and everyone getting to have a go at trying to beat it to prove their point. Does look impossible outside of hitting him HARD on trades... and even then he can just turtle and regen.

Maybe an eternity of pounding on him with some uber bleed infused shit? The black fireball does crazy endurance damage to blockers last I knew also.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Chaos Fireball is pretty good for that, too. Mainly because the lava pool generates extra hits and takes out any trash they might be hiding among (if invader) as well. I don't PvP (unless invaded or summoned to help with an invasion) but the chatter has mostly been bitching about the shield build and the one punch crunch STR greatsword setup that just powers past people. Seems like dex and caster builds have been left out in the cold thus far, both in PvE and PvP.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
How did you that did pyromancers allocate points when you first started out? Did you do Dex for the katana early on?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That katana sucks dick, just use the first straightsword you find, even if it's just a basic longsword.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Straightsword and enough dex for whatever bow you use to cheese pull. Faith only needs to be high enough to cover spell and item reqs, since INT scaling is so much more impactful on the major spells you will actually use.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not true according to testing. Balanced int/fai gives the best results for all spells. There's a soft cap at 30 in each stat, and a major soft cap at 40.

40/40 is the overall best, obviously. If you're limited on SL and only want to spend 60 levels on caster stats, choose 30/30 for optimized spells, or take one to 40 and the other to 20 if you want to supplement damage with an S-scaling weapon. If you decide to go primarily faith for a lightning weapon, be aware that you MUST raise int to 20 and upgrade your pyro fist to like +6 first or else your spells won't scale at all.

Source:PyroGlove Damage Tests

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
How did you that did pyromancers allocate points when you first started out? Did you do Dex for the katana early on?
Started a new Pyro recently and I just used that Astora Straight Sword you can find in the very first zone; if you infuse it with raw it has pretty high base damage. I have it at +3 with my pyro glove at +4 now, fire orb'd the shit out of abyss walkers.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Raw is nice.

I did an Assassin which starts out with a higher dex and Int. Pumped up int and health to 20 with faith at 15 and dex at 20 early on.

You start out with a pretty tits sword with an incredibly fast attack that you can use the entire game. I forget the name. Estoic or something maybe? Anyway its the starting weapon.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I live off of estoc, it's so great. I got my fashion souls figured out to where I can run with dragonslayer greataxe and a buckler hidden behind my robe.

Estoc can't break it's R2 animation, or I can just parry it if I wanna be cheeky. Times are good right now.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Beat the main story and just have the dragon optional boss to take down. Last boss was a fucking joke compared to the cheaty teleporting dick puncher that proceeded him. His weapon isn't bad, but MLGS is superior to it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's funny how different a perception of the bosses you have when you [ab]use bleed weapons for the whole game. I had a harder time with Yhorm and Dragonslayer Armor than any of the others, and some difficulty with Gundyr before I got the parry timing down. A ton of people seem to think Yhorm is the easiest boss ever, which I don't really get unless you're co-oping.

Dragon rider had me fumbling through my storage box for something with an R2 overhead chop.
I just waited for it to breathe fire while on the ground. You can easily do half its hp each time so it doesn't take long.