Dark Souls 3

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Was that an invasion? It looked ilke an arena with 900 people battling
Yes that was an invasion DS3 style: Host (1) had a Sunbro buddy summoned (2), red invader streamer comes in (3), Host is in Blue covenant which spawns a Blue defender (4), the other 2 purples were "wildcards" from the new Mound-maker covenant (6). Mound-makers can attack anything: mobs, invaders, hosts - however they get their reward from killing the host. Just shows that multiplayer in DS3 can get all kinds of crazy now.

Another very cool thing to note: twinks are gone, you can even invade legit in a lowlevel areas, however you get scaled down to make fights fair. Expect a shitload of summon signs and invasions everywhere, heh.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes that was an invasion DS3 style: Host (1) had a Sunbro buddy summoned (2), red invader streamer comes in (3), Host is in Blue covenant which spawns a Blue defender (4), the other 2 purples were "wildcards" from the new Mound-maker covenant (6). Mound-makers can attack anything: mobs, invaders, hosts - however they get their reward from killing the host. Just shows that multiplayer in DS3 can get all kinds of crazy now.

Another very cool thing to note: twinks are gone, you can even invade legit in a lowlevel areas, however you get scaled down to make fights fair. Expect a shitload of summon signs and invasions everywhere, heh.
Oh, wow that's fucking awesome. Soul Memory is gone too so PVP in DS3 is going to be all sorts of awesome.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The hype train has no brakes. Fuck them for not doing an international release.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know it's at the top of /r/gaming, but this is too fucking funny.

Not a spoiler, but don't click if you don't want to see in-game shit:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, there is another place in the game where a mob will try and push you off a ledge...does nothing other than that single attempt at doing so. A well placed wtf moment.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Can't even go on to YouTube these days without shitlords spoiling the game with their gay videos. UGH how am i supposed to listen to sad video game/anime music now

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I thought this might be of interest. If you pre-purchased the game on Steam before March 28th at 10am PST, you can get the controller for 40% off. Shipping and handling is 8 bucks though.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its great for XCom 2 and Stardew Valley.

You would get fucked in the butt trying to play Dark Souls with it I imagine.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
That is where you would be wrong, their game will take simultaneous inputs for both mouse and analog. Mouse Haptic camera is way more precise than analog. I know everyone resists the steam controller, but its a very very good piece of hardware. You can flick your camera like its a FPS with the steam controller, its quite remarkably smooth and accurate for combining camera control with thrusting or straight slashing attacks. Additionally - the paddles have some remarkably useful and simple binds. Such as - Grip paddle - and walk/run forward. You can comfortably move + Dpad your inventory simultaneously. I'm sure this won't convince most of you. The only thing that is important about the controller, is that time needs to be taken to tweak/understand some of the rotational options to fit individual hand size. Its not difficult and its worth the very small effort. For note - I recently played DS2 again - scholar edition, this is personal experience not my assumption.

If CoD/Halo allowed mouse inputs and the steam controller was usable on consoles, I promise the steam controller using players would ultimately win vs the traditional dual analogs. The steam controller clearly lands as superior to dual analog but inferior to m/kb. (fps perspective).

Column_sl

shitlord
Don't get discouraged by the speed runs. Demon Souls you could beat very quickly.

I don't want to keep posting about the game because people are going to get it soon, but the game is fantastic.

It really is the true sequel to Dark Souls 1

Column_sl

shitlord
Not yet, I decided to quit close to the end, and play the full game on the PC version.

I want to beat the game for the first time on the 60 fps version. It just looks too good when people stream it.