Dark Souls 3

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The reason that mechanic existed was because of Soul Level or whatever it was called as well.

So you couldn't farm and level endlessly and overlevel all the content.

Except you could still do that, so the mechanic didn't even achieve what it was supposed to, and yes.

Its a pussy shit mechanic and one very solid legit reason to think DS2 is a wanna be.

I liked DS2, I didn't mind the mechanicin that title, but I'm glad to see its gone for the finale.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bad polygon review? Sounds like this game is going to rock.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Dark Souls to me was always "if you die, everything comes back (except bosses)". DS2 did away with that and made what is now dubbed Pussy Mechanic #1
Did any of you actually die/respawn enough to see enemies stop spawning? It only happened to me if I was going back to farm mobs for rare items. Never during a normal playthrough did I die in an area so many times that enemies stopped spawning.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Did any of you actually die/respawn enough to see enemies stop spawning? It only happened to me if I was going back to farm mobs for rare items. Never during a normal playthrough did I die in an area so many times that enemies stopped spawning.
So what you are saying is it was a meaningless mechanic then?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I intentionally farmed mobs until they quit spawning in DS2 to "clear" zones and suck up as much XP from them as possible.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I think I had one place I ran through enough in DS2 to cause enemies to stop spawning; I believe it was the hallway leading to Vendrick. Even with the giant souls, I beat my head against that particular wall a lot before I was able to finally beat him.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
ds3_1920.jpg

ds3_proz.jpg

ds3_2560.jpg

ds3_3840.jpg

Credit:NeoGAF - View Single Post - Dark Souls III - PC Performance article

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I intentionally farmed mobs until they quit spawning in DS2 to "clear" zones and suck up as much XP from them as possible.
I would regularly farm the shit out of the entire tower full of giant armor dudes area early in the game, while leaving a co-op mark down for more XP, for the express purpose of obtaining certain gear and spells I wanted. I also farmed the shit out of the poison area deep in the dark hole area for forging materials. The fire castle and uber dragon areas were also good farm spots, where you could do some coop for even more XP. I had zero interest in PvP, but really liked helping people beat those bosses and areas. Thus they were also the only areas that I farmed into spawn extinction.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I would regularly farm the shit out of the entire tower full of giant armor dudes area early in the game, while leaving a co-op mark down for more XP, for the express purpose of obtaining certain gear and spells I wanted. I also farmed the shit out of the poison area deep in the dark hole area for forging materials. The fire castle and uber dragon areas were also good farm spots, where you could do some coop for even more XP. I had zero interest in PvP, but really liked helping people beat those bosses and areas. Thus they were also the only areas that I farmed into spawn extinction.
Yeah, I usually farmed out Iron Keep because the xp was insane, but that's about it for vanilla.

After a few assrapings from the Fume Knight I farmed out the giants before him.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I farmed out several areas until I found out about the farming area in the Undead Crypt with the mobs that would never stop respawning.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Awesome job making it, especially liked the ending when none of them could barely even hold it up.(not that I could either)