Dark Souls 3

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
They sure fucked up invasions this time around. Getting gangraped by 3 people who stunlock you to death by r1 mashing was enough without the host getting a 40% health buff too. I wouldn't have minded if they didn't take out the arenas DS2 had

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Basically vorphs post could've started with "for any faggots"
The only reason I ever kept invasions on was so I could hide and then Alt-F4 once they did find me. I sometimes wish the game had chat so I could have seen the raging that was obviously happening with some of them.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
When the goal is trolling, I am. 95% of the time I just disabled internet and played the game so I never had to worry about it. I'm actually happy they included the option to turn off invasions, finally, in this one so I don't have to go through the pain in the ass of disconnecting the network every time I want to play.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Had crazy lag and crashing once I opened the doors to road of sacrifice on my 660. Had to lower textures and turn off all the post processing stuff to stop the game from crashing, Got a feeling that certain areas are using up all the memory in the GFX card.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would love to see stats on DS1 and DS2 regarding how many fights are won by the invader and how many by the defender....

if it's something ridiculously lopsided, no reason to turn it on.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I did not upgrade my Nvidia driver and everything is fine on my laptop.(Asus ROG ,980M 4 gig and 24 gig of ram) I run max setting and very good FPS.

Most of the time I get good drivers from Nvidia every 2-3 updates. When I get a good one I stick with it. It's a shame since Nvidia used to be very solid with their drivers.

I think it's easier to play with friend in this game and a lot of people I know do it with friends. This might explain why it's harder for invaders. I usually do everything first solo in soul games and I coop/help after.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You have that backwards.

I don't even care about invasions. I'm un-embered for 95% of the game anyway, which prevents them from happening. Same with co-op, that's for pussies.

I play offline because I can't fucking stand seeing bloodstains and graffiti everywhere. It's like playing a game with gaudy neon signs all over the place spoiling every single thing that is about to happen.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You have that backwards.

I don't even care about invasions. I'm un-embered for 95% of the game anyway, which prevents them from happening. Same with co-op, that's for pussies.

I play offline because I can't fucking stand seeing bloodstains and graffiti everywhere. It's like playing a game with gaudy neon signs all over the place spoiling every single thing that is about to happen.
I was joking man, trying to be a hardo

I finally got to play at 11:30 last night (wife problems, don't ask), so I only got a good hour and a half in. Love the game so far. The first boss was pretty difficult as Deprived. Had about 3HP and a tiny club which kind of sucked. Actually the boss was easy enough, but in his 2nd phase I couldn't see his goddamn weapon or windups. 2 Hits from the guy as deprived killed you so took some time.

I had one of those moments where I had a sliver of health and so did the boss so I did a hail mary charged R2 attack and hit him before he hit me, good times.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I would love to see stats on DS1 and DS2 regarding how many fights are won by the invader and how many by the defender....

if it's something ridiculously lopsided, no reason to turn it on.
Fairly sure it will be even more lopsided in DS3 since invaders have 3 or 4 flask charges. When invaded for people "with honor", most get in line of you and visibly chug all bottles until you see they have no charges left before fights.

There is also an item sold from the start by the old lady that increases the chance of invasions + adds the ability to summon 3 helpers. Though you can then also be invaded by two at a time. I think blue covenant helpers are added in addition to that.

In the 16 or so hours I played in the PS4 version I only got invaded in what I know is regarded as a PvP arena. Large balcony that when you first enter it has two of the little lizards that drop shards. Not sure what it is called, but you will know it when you see it. Each time, the invader chugged flasks before fight. In that place, you will be invaded constantly.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I Was able to play for about half an hour last night. Was hilarious. I started learning the cheese factor early on because it is fun figuring all that out. The dragon took out some mobs, I ran passed a few mobs and found a bonfire somehow. Now I am facing a giant dog who promptly kicked my ass because I had no estus left. Playing as knight to start because I am a pansy. The sword and board is awesome along with awesome response on the movement scale for rolling. I am pretty fired up to keep playing. Haven't had to repair yet either. Which I love. Oh I also got the Uchikatana already. I pushed that guy off a cliff, logged out, logged in, and had three items waiting for me.

Some things never change
smile.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thanks to bloodborne I can't even use a shield in this now.

I tried but it just felt so foreign. Oh well 2h yoloswag whole game I guess

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Thanks to bloodborne I can't even use a shield in this now.

I tried but it just felt so foreign. Oh well 2h yoloswag whole game I guess
Shields and roll. Awesome combo. Just don't go above 70 in capacity or you will go to the slow mode rolling.

Your wife found out about Mist didn't she....

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's detailed in the parent thread but I don't really want to get into how retarded my wife is LOL

2h yolo swag, and if we can power stance 2 2hers im doing that

axeman_sl

shitlord
For anyone else playing offline and wondering how the hell they're going to have enough embers, I've found at least one mob that drops them. It's certainly not common though, I've only gotten two so far.

Red knights. Kite shield ones for sure, unknown if tower shield ones drop it too.
Those tentacle-sprouting hollows in High Wall of Lothric drop them every time. I think there's two of them, both pretty close to bonfires. They're a bit of a bitch to fight but very vulnerable to fire. Presumably this is an infinite source of embers.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This is a dead horse in Dark Souls but I got annoyed with the graffiti and think getting coop help for bosses is like getting help from your wallet to help your sex life by buying hookers.

The PvP mechanic is kind of fun and interesting, but PvP in Dark Souls lame in general. I found everytime I got invaded it was in an area I could get back to easily if I died, so it didn't really feel like a big penalty if I did. The combat doesn't suit it well, watching "high level" pvp just looks like two very agile cripples struggling to make sense of a combat system that only works against massive bosses.

I'm glad to hear about the changes to DS3, I look forward to playing it in a year or so when I'm done with BDO.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Those tentacle-sprouting hollows in High Wall of Lothric drop them every time. I think there's two of them, both pretty close to bonfires. They're a bit of a bitch to fight but very vulnerable to fire. Presumably this is an infinite source of embers.
Is there anti-farming code in this game? I killed them a few times and was getting embers/shards, but then I ended up killing one 3 times and got nothing. Wondering if they stop dropping after awhile.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Dunno. If there's any anti-farming code, it's not universal, at least. I farmed that Lothric Knight near the second bonfire for like an hour to get my Lothric Knight Sword, and due to bad luck, I got the full set as well as numerous Titanite Shards and other assorted crap in the process. Drop rate stayed consistent across 20+ kills.