Dark Souls 3

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
yes, and sometimes the scaling gets better (ie, goes from A to S) as you raise the upgrade level

I finally got a chance to play for a few hours tonight and it's deliciously difficult! Not as frustrating as past souls games since I know just to keep plugging away for the inevitable satisfaction that follows. well, that and being super careful not to lose massive amounts of souls!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is it just me or does nearly every enemy in this have infinite poise? Trying to go through this fucking poison swamp and I think everything but the leeches is able to just keep spamming attacks at you regardless of what you do to it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The infinite Poise of Darkwraiths definitely is irritating.

I don't get why they're making certain builds invalid simply by making stronger enemies flat out immune to their strengths.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Does poise work on the player side? I'm wearing the full knight set and literally every hit I take staggers me, including weak swipes from crappy hollows with broken swords. It feels like the stat simply doesn't function. Literally any and every hit I ever take is a guaranteed stagger. I get stunlocked by even the weakest mobs hitting me for 5% of my health.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PSA - If you ever have leeches on you causing bleed, take your torch out.
Those aren't leeches.... yuk!

and the guy giving them to you is incredibly weak to fire. 1 firebomb = 500 damage, almost all his life. Gonna get a fire weapon infusion for this

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
Played about 3hrs yesterday across three characters (Herald, Assassin, Pyromancer) and goddamn those Fireballs that Pyromancer has are very convenient, i think i'll be sticking with him, shame about the stat allocation though. Didn't advance much, i am just running around Lothric getting to know the area. Has to be said again, game looks absolutely gorgeous on PC.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
About 5 hours in and haven't hit the second boss yet. Just sort of exploring and trying to equip my deprived ass.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
got a great machete to drop from those dudes with the big saws in undead settlement, upgraded it up to +3 heavy and its a rape machine.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
got a great machete to drop from those dudes with the big saws in undead settlement, upgraded it up to +3 heavy and its a rape machine.
when I first ran into the guy with the pot, I was like wtf is this?!

Then I ran into one of those guys, only saw him from behind and I was like "oh nice, this one only has a tray, can't be that bad", then he turned around and I saw it was a giant saw... AAaaaaah!

This game is far darker than the previous ones.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So someone posted a picture of that amazing Estus Flask..... err umm

Cf-YiEdWEAAK-dY.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Does poise work on the player side?
Poise only applies during attack wind-ups. When you're preparing for a swing of your weapon, you have poise. After a swing or while idle, your poise is effectively zero. (It was the same in Dark Souls II.)

Fedor

<Banned>
cheese the dragon and give the crow a firebomb and you can get 2 large titanite shards for an early +4

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
I've noticed that estus flasks regenerate charges after a while, may be tied to how many souls you get. Or ezmode is accidentally activated in my copy.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Once in a while, you absorb an orange soul from shit you kill instead of the usual white soul. This restores one Estus charge. Same as how you would occasionally gain humanity from killing something in Dark Souls 1.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haven't gotten them to drop a damn thing. Game is a lot more stingy on drops than its prececesors and I don't wanna pump luck.
You need about 11 luck to see good drops it seems, playing deprived I havent seen alot but my warrior who has 1 more point of luck gets tons of drops.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I plan on getting passed the Dog Boss tonight lol
smile.png
3 hours playtime so far. Almost had him last night (down to about 10%). I have 5 hours to play tonight so tonight is the night I keep moving!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Do the lothic knights drop weapons and are they worth it if so? I've gotten a full set of armor and a giant shield from them but no weapons

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yes and a raw +4 lothric sword is still my main weapon at 51 and working on the abyss watchers fight.

Took me forever to get the leggings and gloves off those guys, and then they finally dropped on the same mob. Thats still the only pants and gloves for that set Ive come across, meanwhile i habe like twenty of the swords, shields and breastplates