Dark Souls 3

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What do you mean about super-armor frames?
Animation frames during which you take damage but can't be interrupted. Very important for weapons with a long windup, because otherwise the slightest hit will stagger you. That's why you need poise.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I am getting estus refills in offline mode. It is not necessarily bound to someone else doing something.
I think someone else said this above, but you have a chance to get a refill from any enemy with the glowing ember inside them. When they die they will give you souls and sometimes an single estus refill.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Do the lothic knights drop weapons and are they worth it if so? I've gotten a full set of armor and a giant shield from them but no weapons
They can drop whatever weapon they're visually wielding, i.e. spears and swords. I haven't tried the spear, but the sword is really good. It's the only straight sword in the game with 110 critical damage, and it has the moveset that the longsword had in DS2 (and no longer has in DS3) with thrusting attacks for both one-handed and two-handed power attacks.

The Lothric Knight Sword does have slightly less base damage than other straight swords, but the moveset and higher critical damage makes up for it.

Its scaling also leans more toward dex, making it a little more efficient if you go with the popular 27str/40dex build (the reason for this build is that 27 strength becomes 40 strength when two-handing a weapon). This means that you get better scaling when one-handing it than you would with a longsword which has C in strength instead of dexterity.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think someone else said this above, but you have a chance to get a refill from any enemy with the glowing ember inside them. When they die they will give you souls and sometimes an single estus refill.
Neat, i was wondering why the fuck i would randomly get that.

This game is so sick, i can't wait until i find the weeaboo double katana shit so i can really beast on nerds.

Also, Fallen Knight set = best set.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Usually I run a light armor + 2h sword str build, so I'm looking for a decent light weight set too. Unfortunately those transformed dudes absolutely destroy me still, haven't found a reliable way to kill them besides backstabbing before they transform. I am just a scrub.
Firebombs wreck them.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Neat, i was wondering why the fuck i would randomly get that.

This game is so sick, i can't wait until i find the weeaboo double katana shit so i can really beast on nerds
I am one of those nerds. I don't ever buy games until they are $20 or less so I played every FROM game more than a year after it was released and haven't PvP'd or co-oped much as a result. Wife got me this for my birthday (today!) and now I get to be part of the thread from the beginning!

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
For the one on the rooftops: lurehim to the ladder, climb up and lob firebombs at him.

For the one near the beginning of the area: run away when he transforms, stick to the curved staircase that leads up to him. Play hit and run, lobbing firebombs at him.

Firebomb the fuck out of them, then never bother with them again.
Do these guys drop embers every time? I need embers.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Do these guys drop embers every time? I need embers.
Just go do jolly cooperation, once i kill a boss i'll drop a sign to help plebs for like 5-10 runs to get some easy souls and each boss kill is a gauranteed Ember on top of it.

I'm sitting at like 40+ atm, I don't think i've ever actually used one.. since killing a boss via coop also 'reignites' you or whatever the fuck it's called.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah coop is the way to go for embers, especially since there's no more soul memory bullshit like in DS2. And coop is very very popular with the start of the game, you get summoned almost instantaneously.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Animation frames during which you take damage but can't be interrupted. Very important for weapons with a long windup, because otherwise the slightest hit will stagger you. That's why you need poise.
Oh problem solved, I don't get hit

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I've got like 30 embers and I never pvp.

Then again, I also never use embers because the 30% hp buff is way too much imo.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
on the stray demon for example, that 30% buff means my character survives a grab at full hp - or doesn't.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok. So here is the deal, I need an ember to kill the Dog boss. Because I am a gigantic wimp and want the extra HP. So does that thing on the roof always drop one? Then I will go nuts and help others and be an Ember maniac for a bit before moving on. I don't want to have to farm 2500 souls to buy one but I suppose I could do that too.

Also, there is a guy I found in a jail cell. How do I open that door? He looks fun to talk too.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh problem solved, I don't get hit
While trying to swing a UGS? Good luck with that.
biggrin.png

Ut: No, they only drop an ember the first time you kill the transformed version. Embers are rare drops from knight enemies. Probably other things too but I haven't come across any yet.

I have 21 at the moment, playing 100% offline and only using them to force an npc invasion.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
the old lady in firelink shrine also sells 3 embers
the key for the guy in the jail cell drops elsewhere in the same zone (I don't remember exactly where)

what's the deal with the knight in the blue cape right outside the church? at first I approached him because i thought it might be an npc, then ran like a bitch when he aggroed and buffed his sword

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
the key for the guy in the jail cell drops elsewhere in the same zone (I don't remember exactly where)

what's the deal with the knight in the blue cape right outside the church? at first I approached him because i thought it might be an npc, then ran like a bitch when he aggroed and buffed his sword
He's just a tougher Lothric Knight with a higher chance to drop the same stuff, basically.

He's worth about 4 times the amount of souls of all the other Lothric Knights except the big fat fatty one up the stairs and in the side room.

You can walk up to him, backstab him, then stunlock him to death pretty easy if you don't run right up to him.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Ok. I want to find out whee this key drops. Does he do anything good?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The guy in the jail cell gives you a tight ring, asking you to take it to someone else. When you get where he sends you, you get another item. Bring it back to him, he'll be in Firelink Shrine in the area near the Blacksmith down the stairs. He sells stuff and you can send him out and he'll come back with a better inventory. Dunno if that happens more than once or not.