Dark Souls 3

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Vig to 27 was one of the first things I raised, and with 1000hp no grab attack is an instant kill. Not even the final boss.

It's weird, there's a ton of them early on, and then gradually more and more chests are just chests. You can see them breathing anyway, or just look at the chain attached to the right side. If it's coiled up, it's not a mimic.
Stray demon grab is always fatal cause he throws you off the bridge. Not exactly hard to dodge though.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I love the game design on mimics in this one. You run into one very early on and then don't see them forever. Then at a certain point every chest you find is a mimic. After that they only show up a few times. They're rough enough to the point whenever I see a chest I have this sense of dread and just think "god dammit."

khalid

Unelected Mod
Beat the game as sorc, crystal soul spear is a beatstick. Didn't really mind the caster mechanics, just wish the shit tracked better. Aldrich by far toughest shit I fought with the build though, all magic damage
frown.png

Started new playthrough with dual wield, think that should make me approach fights way differently.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I did experience my first cheater last night. Was farming souls on Dancer and one of the other phantoms was just standing in front of her swinging. My first thought was "oh this guy is really killer at moving around" until I noticed all her attacks were just going straight through him.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Far, far more likely it was just shitty lag/hosting session. I've invaded/been invaded by multiple people where they just can't get hits to register on me and vice versa, or mobs can't hit me at all, etc.

That said, there are also a surprising number of bosses that will just plain whiff most of their attacks if you stand right in their snatch.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Does anyone remember how to get up to the balcony in pontiff sulyvahns boss room? I know I made it up there somehow in my first playthrough but can't for the life of me remember how on ng+.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone remember how to get up to the balcony in pontiff sulyvahns boss room? I know I made it up there somehow in my first playthrough but can't for the life of me remember how on ng+.
Go outside and up top where the casters are and go in the back way. There's an elevator platform you can send down to the pontiff room.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The cathedral and catacombs levels are amazing. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Fantastic level design, dungeon crawling done right.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Played a shit ton yesterday. Basically went from crystal sage boss up to smouldering Lake and irithyl boreal Valley. I walked into the abyss Walker fight a little scared because some people said it was a little bit of a cock block but I beat that bitch first try.

I've been using the dark sword but not sure I liked it. I raised the exile sword to +4 and it's way more swag

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Played a shit ton yesterday. Basically went from crystal sage boss up to smouldering Lake and irithyl boreal Valley. I walked into the abyss Walker fight a little scared because some people said it was a little bit of a cock block but I beat that bitch first try.

I've been using the dark sword but not sure I liked it. I raised the exile sword to +4 and it's way more swag
Yeah I never found a weapon I fell in love with. Used Washing Pole and Anri's sword mostly, as both worked well with Dex/Luck. Anri's sword is quick and has a great moveset, but I felt like a vagina wielding such a tiny fucking weapon. Washing Pole wrecked bosses with its bleed effect.

My new playthrough with sorc is interesting, because my character is weak as hell, but he has a raw Astora SS +1 which at this stage of the game (Undead Settlement) is quite OP.

Vaclav

Yea, Raw Astora SS is pretty godly for any caster build. Doing Pyro/Dark ATM myself with one now.

Vorph

Yeah I never found a weapon I fell in love with. Used Washing Pole and Anri's sword mostly, as both worked well with Dex/Luck. Anri's sword is quick and has a great moveset, but I felt like a vagina wielding such a tiny fucking weapon. Washing Pole wrecked bosses with its bleed effect.
I was pretty much the same until I decided to try curved swords out. The carthus one with hollow infusion is the one weapon that finally clicked for me. It absolutely obliterated NK and the final boss too (with carthus rouge applied). I've also got hollow+10 warden twinblades, and they're pretty fun to use in dual wield mode. Since you're hitting twice per swing with L1, the bleed stacks up ridiculously fast. For things that I can't bleed, I still swap back to Anri's most of the time.

Only thing I find disappointing about Hollow infusion is that it completely wrecks the normally excellent lothric knight shield. Phys def drops to 95% and the stability at +10 goes from something like 66 to 51.

Yea, Raw Astora SS is pretty godly for any caster build. Doing Pyro/Dark ATM myself with one now.
Why use raw when you can get S scaling with int/fai with crystal or lightning infusion? Or are you talking just at the very beginning of the game?

Vaclav

Why use raw when you can get S scaling with int/fai with crystal or lightning infusion? Or are you talking just at the very beginning of the game?
Yea, didn't mean the whole game - just meant for an early weapon to carry you until later stuff.

Vorph

Anyone know what the best spell tools for buffing are? Like for bare minimum int/fai which I guess is 15/30. Maybe a little bit more int if needed to equip a significantly better staff.

I assume it's Caitha's Chime for lightning/dark but I'm not sure about the staff at all and I don't want to add extra int if a plain old sorcerer's staff or court sorcerer's staff is just as good as heretic's/izalith/whatever.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I started using the BK glaive and I was super disappointed, it has much less of a range than I expected. Back to dark sword +10.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Does Izalith make dark worth while? I tested affinity on my 45/45 into faith with heretic staff and it was bleh

Vorph

I started using the BK glaive and I was super disappointed, it has much less of a range than I expected. Back to dark sword +10.
From what I've read plain old glaive with an infusion for heavy or refined is way better than the BK one.

Did you find a space to buy these, or are they just a random drop? Want to try them out but farming warden's didn't lead me to any luck.
Random drop, I'm pretty sure I got it from the first one I killed in Untended Graves.

Does Izalith make dark worth while? I tested affinity on my 45/45 into faith with heretic staff and it was bleh
Don't know if it's worthwhile but if you're going to use dark you definitely want Izalith staff and Caitha's chime.

I did some testing of my own solely for buffing and I have found that Crystal Chime beats everything. I had 15(+5) int and 25(+5) faith when I tested it and every single buff spell did more damage than with any other tool. Which is convenient since it can cast both sorceries and miracles. None of my tools are upgraded though; hopefully that doesn't skew the results. Crystal's spell buff stat is so far ahead of the others that I doubt that's possible.