Dark Souls 3

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I started using the BK glaive and I was super disappointed, it has much less of a range than I expected. Back to dark sword +10.
Go for winged knight halberd or gundyrs. Both have godlike reach and real damage. Gundyrs has probably my favorite weapon style in the game as well with it's big charge in to spin slash move.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
miyazaki is proving himself to be the brad mcquaid of the souls series: a hack who got lucky once

next to zero new content in NG+ is lol
Err, that's more than a little hyperbolic.

1) The worst entry in the series is the one he didn't oversee.

2) Even that one is really, really good, and the ones he DID work on are superb.

3) So superb that it isn't even clear to me which one he "got lucky" on.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
To the extent that the existence of its target demographic was uncertain, maybe. But the game WAS great.
Yeah that's what I mean.

Also he got lucky in that the company was willing to give him the leeway to fix what was otherwise a going into the garbage product.

Because before he got ahold of it Demons Souls was heading towards being shitcanned.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Yeah that's what I mean.

Also he got lucky in that the company was willing to give him the leeway to fix what was otherwise a going into the garbage product.

Because before he got ahold of it Demons Souls was heading towards being shitcanned.
Wow, didn't know that. I bet that's an awesome story - will read up on it.

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
Err, that's more than a little hyperbolic.

1) The worst entry in the series is the one he didn't oversee.

2) Even that one is really, really good, and the ones he DID work on are superb.

3) So superb that it isn't even clear to me which one he "got lucky" on.
The only one he didn't oversee had

1. The best pvp combat by far, not this estoc/straightsword r1 mashing shitshow with infinite roll spam

2. The largest weapon variety with the most unique movesets, not like 3 where 1h & 2h movesets are exact copy paste jobs

3. Animations that werent recycled. Every weapon class had its own unique parry/backstab animations. Here every weapon either stabs or chops.

And I already mentioned how there's no incentive at all to play NG+. New new invaders or phantoms, no new enemies or mob placements, no new weapons, no new boss souls with added lore. There's nothing aside from a couple shitty +1 rings. They really phoned it in

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
NG+ seems so overrated to me. When i finish a game i just move on to another, in this case it will be uncharted 4. Too many good games out to play the same one again and again. Dont think i have cared about ng+ since chrono trigger.

Especially annoying when they lock trophies behind multiple playthroughs in long rpgs.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Literally just picked up the hornet ring on my lvl 30... pixel infusion be like...

E7Cn4Me.jpg

(w/o resin too)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The only one he didn't oversee had

1. The best pvp combat by far, not this estoc/straightsword r1 mashing shitshow with infinite roll spam

2. The largest weapon variety with the most unique movesets, not like 3 where 1h & 2h movesets are exact copy paste jobs

3. Animations that werent recycled. Every weapon class had its own unique parry/backstab animations. Here every weapon either stabs or chops.

And I already mentioned how there's no incentive at all to play NG+. New new invaders or phantoms, no new enemies or mob placements, no new weapons, no new boss souls with added lore. There's nothing aside from a couple shitty +1 rings. They really phoned it in
It's like everyone forgets how garbage PVP/weapon variety was in DS2 at launch. Does no one remember the havelmage and avelyn weeks/months when that game came out? DS2 is great now, sure, after a half dozen patches and 3 DLCs to add weapons and spells and shit. Lol they buffed chaos blade in a patch, come on that game was hot garbage for PVP forever. PARRY BANANA, jesus the more I think back on it the worse it gets.

NG+ is pretty lazy in DS3 though for sure, really no reason to do it unless you want to redo some NPC questlines or farm up to some retarded level 150 build or something.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like in Anor Londo my 0 Vitality run comes to an end. Fuck getting 1-shotted by every single attack, even through the shield.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
lloyd's shield ring might work? reduces damage taken when at max, maybe like that and blue tear stone? prob hurts your damage too much but could be something. Might as well throw the sword ring on at that point too. Maybe just sword + shield ring and then whatever, sounds possibly good on a heavy hitter.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So is there a way to reset the story based NPC's in this game like the others? I turned a corner with no flasks and low hp saw a guy on the wall with a massive hammer and I just started swinging, turns out his should be on my side and I should talk before swinging

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So is there a way to reset the story based NPC's in this game like the others? I turned a corner with no flasks and low hp saw a guy on the wall with a massive hammer and I just started swinging, turns out his should be on my side and I should talk before swinging
Yes. In the Undead Village, after you get the mortician's ashes and purchase the 1500 soul key from the lady you give the ashes to in Firelink, get to the dilapidated bridge bonfire with the shortcut open through the sewers. In the sewers just past the fog wall is a door you can open with that key. When you go through that door you go down some stairs and if you turn right, at the end of the hallway is a statue where you can pay souls to fix npcs who are upset with you.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yes. In the Undead Village, after you get the mortician's ashes and purchase the 1500 soul key from the lady you give the ashes to in Firelink, get to the dilapidated bridge bonfire with the shortcut open through the sewers. In the sewers just past the fog wall is a door you can open with that key. When you go through that door you go down some stairs and if you turn right, at the end of the hallway is a statue where you can pay souls to fix npcs who are upset with you.
Thank you will give it a go tonight