Dark Souls 3

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well they definitely fucked with hit boxes to some degree, but if its on straight swords I sure as fuck can't tell. My Sunbro+10 sword still hits like a mack truck, so damage is clearly not affected. I noticed that the MLGS is a lot more picky about hitting than it was.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What are you referring to? The patch hasn't happened yet, it's due at 1AM PST.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Few people have told me the PvP is awesome in this game and I'm just not seeing it. I've been invaded by one competent player since release and the rest have been total scrubs. Invading hasn't been any better really as most of the people suck and the invader tends to have a rather large advantage most times.

I'm starting to think people just enjoy mopping up the PVE players because there hasn't been much of anything else that I've seen. I've heard about summoning rooms and such, that holds a bit more promise but the general PvP in this game is pretty bad.
DS2 PVP was pretty good and I'm not usually a person who likes PVP so I hope it's just as good in DS3. BB PVP was terrible on the other hand. I'm still going through my first play through and haven't been able to PVP in DS3 yet. School work has been eating up my time. =(

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Well they definitely fucked with hit boxes to some degree, but if its on straight swords I sure as fuck can't tell. My Sunbro+10 sword still hits like a mack truck, so damage is clearly not affected. I noticed that the MLGS is a lot more picky about hitting than it was.
What are you referring to? The patch hasn't happened yet, it's due at 1AM PST.
lol jboots feel slower

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There were some changes made last night on the PS4. We just got 1.04 /1.05 last night. It broke online play in the US and caused a framerate issue. Come to think of it, they have always tied parts of their mechanics in the engine to framerate (DS2 durability issue) so maybe its the framerate drops that are causing the odd hitbox behavior I was experiencing.

Vorph

The regulation patch notes above (last 3 things in Lenas' spoiler which include the dagger/twinblade/magic changes) are for 1.06.

Did they revert that PS4 patch or something? I can't find any info from it on gamefags or reddit.

Moth_sl

shitlord
25 hours played I've just passed the tree guy and the fast fucker at the bottom of the elevator. I have never felt so inadequate in a game before, and this may be my favorite game I've ever played.

Vaclav

There were some changes made last night on the PS4. We just got 1.04 /1.05 last night. It broke online play in the US and caused a framerate issue. Come to think of it, they have always tied parts of their mechanics in the engine to framerate (DS2 durability issue) so maybe its the framerate drops that are causing the odd hitbox behavior I was experiencing.
No clue what you're talking about - playing PS4 and did an entire runthrough today w/ 1.04/1.05 front to back without any framerate issue...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My frame rate went to shit and I can't get online. Thanks patch lol

Killed pontiff in 5 attempts by parrying him to death. Never been so full of adrenaline before. Fuckin guy and his clone had me at a sliver and I did a hail Mary swing to kill him.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Finished it up blind around 45 hours and went to look up what all I missed and just had to laugh at all the NPC side quests I failed as well as the crazy hidden area that I honestly have no idea how anyone would ever find without a guide. I went deprived and built him into a high stamina/high strength with ultra greatswords for my build and that roll into a guided thrust is probably my favorite move against invaders who don't know you can aim anywhere after the roll with it or change your swings direction mid way. I didn't go into NG+ so I'm stuck at that crazy hidden area's final boss and holy shit is he epic. I'm at about two hours in and two dozens deaths but that bastard will fall. I'm at a toss up between him and the ivory king for best intro into a fight and I think only the fume knight has taken me this long to figure out.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Made it through Smouldering Lake and up to the second bonfire (with the pontiffs and the pyromancers who can hit me through thick walls) and wishing my second character didn't suck. I have like no endurance or vitality, 21 vigor, 14 or so dex/str, 20 attunement, and all so I can have 29 (so far) int that makes my great heavy soul arrow hit slightly harder than an r1 swing of my weapon.

Edit: this is my second playthrough

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I didn't go into NG+ so I'm stuck at that crazy hidden area's final boss and holy shit is he epic. I'm at about two hours in and two dozens deaths but that bastard will fall.
Archdragon Peak? Watch a video after you beat boss to see how easy it is :p

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
25 hours played I've just passed the tree guy and the fast fucker at the bottom of the elevator. I have never felt so inadequate in a game before, and this may be my favorite game I've ever played.
That makes complete sense if this is your first 'Souls game. They require a very different mindset from basically any other game out there, but once you get the hang of what "it" is, you develop the skillset to progress at a reasonable clip in similar games. Ie, Demons' Souls, Dark Souls 1-3, and Bloodborne.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Current second character, going caster. Thinking 1 more str for 14 so I can use a 100% block shield when needed. but not 100 % where to go from here. 5 or 10 more attunement?, take vigor to 20, then the rest into Int is my current plan.
8amHMks.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Keep at it man, you'll get there.

Next you need to play all the other games in the series.

I'm interested to see what your time will be when you complete the game.

Just the other day on reddit I was reading about a guy really struggling with Bloodborne - he was up to almost 200 attempts on Logarius and some other boss and still hadn't beaten them, previous bosses took a ton of attempts too. He's been playing since the game came out.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm interested to see what your time will be when you complete the game.

Just the other day on reddit I was reading about a guy really struggling with Bloodborne - he was up to almost 200 attempts on Logarius and some other boss and still hadn't beaten them, previous bosses took a ton of attempts too. He's been playing since the game came out.
What? Lmao.

I guess I could see this if he randomly bought a PS4 and decided to buy Bloodborne. Do you have a link? I need a backstory.