Dark Souls 3

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Are any of the boss souls items worth it?
The spells all suck IIRC. The crystal rapier looked interesting but I never upgraded it or tried it. The ice sword you get from the mini boss down the life in boreal is it? relatively early is pretty tits. The only probelm with it is it takes twinkling to upgrade but its pretty nice.

Most of the weapons were pretty hefty which makes them slow and in an aggressive game that can make things difficult or less than optimal.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Fumes was good back in the beta, but they nerf hammered mega hard since then unfortunately. If you're mega invested in str your options are mostly great axes on the current patch. Dragonslayer greataxe is legit as fuck.
Yeah its unfortunate. I built. Myself for the fugs too.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The crystal rapier looked interesting but I never upgraded it or tried it.
Damage-wise, it's garbage. You just stick it in your offhand and 2H your main weapon (or don't) and you get +50 item discovery. In theory you could get two of them and upgrade one all the way, but unless you have 40+ int I feel like it would take so long to kill the things people want a ton of ID for that it's not worth it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to use it to farm silver knights. It's only 45 more ID than my hollow weapons anyway. About the only place I'd bother dual wielding them is on the way to Abyss Watchers; just let the dark wraiths kill the ghru, then switch to your real weapon to kill the wraiths. Swordgrass is vastly more rare than tongues, so it should work well for farming both items.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Well I found out why I got that invalid data message and then a soft ban from online...checked my stash and I have 94 divine healing items whatever they are called. I assume some asshole in PvP dropped them and I never noticed the number on pickup.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Steel protection is pretty OP, it's mostly better than your entire suit of armor just on its own. Chlorathany feels kinda not worth it this time around. Lloyds sword ring can be amazing depending on your playstyle on how much you can keep the buff active. Havels is a bit of a must if you want to use a lot of the great weapons. Hornet ring is pretty amazing if you're good at staggering enemies for visceral attacks, obviously also rapey in pvp if you run for parries. Whatever the ring is that is +hp/load/stamina, it's not a huge bonus overall really but it's fine, and anything with +stamina is worth using in my book.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_132471.jpg

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Well I found out why I got that invalid data message and then a soft ban from online...checked my stash and I have 94 divine healing items whatever they are called. I assume some asshole in PvP dropped them and I never noticed the number on pickup.
That's fucked up. Here is a solution. Create a new steam account and family share your game with it, that avoids the softban, but you'll have to start over I believe.

To avoid this in the future, which you shouldn't have to do but From has dropped the ball on this anti-cheat stuff so badly, save a backup of your new character save file elsewhere on your hard drive. Should you log in to a message about the invalid data, then delete your save game from the Dark Souls 3 save game folder and replace it with your backup.

Vaclav

All this talk of softbans recently makes me super happy to have stuck to my guns on console.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
went back and killed nameless king in two tries as SL 116

was I over leveled? Just lucky?

Vaclav

Playing an inferior version on some slight offchance that you get soft banned seems silly.
Shrug - seen at least three of the limited circle I game with and around mention that they got softbanned themselves (1 here, 2 elsewhere) - out of my relatively limited sample size (and here isn't entirely PC unlike my other clique) that doesn't seem that slight.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So all I'm seeing in NG+ is that shit hits a little harder and has a bit more health, and +1 rings. Is that really all that's different? it's ridiculously easy compared to NG

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
That's what I've heard. No new mechanics to bosses, no red phantom mobs, basically nothing from Dark Souls 2 NG+ outside of some rings going to +1 and +2.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That's fucked up. Here is a solution. Create a new steam account and family share your game with it, that avoids the softban, but you'll have to start over I believe.

To avoid this in the future, which you shouldn't have to do but From has dropped the ball on this anti-cheat stuff so badly, save a backup of your new character save file elsewhere on your hard drive. Should you log in to a message about the invalid data, then delete your save game from the Dark Souls 3 save game folder and replace it with your backup.
Yeah fuck that, this is my second play through already. I am just going to cheat engine the fuck out of my character until I do everything I want to then shelf it until DLC I guess.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
Switched to an Exile Greatsword and I really like this weapon. Very heavy, but has a nice combination of dmg, reach and stagger without using as much stamina as other big weapons.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So all I'm seeing in NG+ is that shit hits a little harder and has a bit more health, and +1 rings. Is that really all that's different? it's ridiculously easy compared to NG
It's mostly a joke and not really worth anyones time unless you're just farming endings for achievements.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Switched to an Exile Greatsword and I really like this weapon. Very heavy, but has a nice combination of dmg, reach and stagger without using as much stamina as other big weapons.
Yeah, it really is a weapon that just feels sweet.

So slowly advancing in my parry playthrough. It really sucks that often on mobs, I'm not sure if I "missed" the parry or if it was doing an attack that isn't parryable. Other than looking this shit up, for the parry masters out there, is there a rule of thumb for this? Having trouble finding a good video or resource for parry tips. Too many of them are pvp vids or ones just talking about the number of parry frames.

Using target shield and estoc atm. Wondering if I might be better off just using a normal shield that can parry, rather than restrict myself to the small shield. Ah well, at least it motivates me to try and parry more.