Dark Souls 3

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Finally beat nameless king. Actually completely came down to the RNG and shitty camera angles of stage 1. Sometimes I would get to stage 2 with full health and estus and sometimes with half that. Fight was actually easier for me than Soul of Cinder. Less movesets to learn.

Edit: I dont really play multiplayer/pvp and have never played NG in a Souls game but this will def be my first for both.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So had been wondering through all my playthroughs why getting invaded was so rare. Only places it ever happens consistently is road of sacrifices, after pontiff and lothric castle (I play 100% embered). Well, finally decided to do some invasions. Went to Cathedral of the Deep, level appropriate with only gear I had before that point, and did abunch of invasions as a mad spirit.

8 of them were people that hid from me the entire time as chameleons. Gigantic waste of time, usually I would leave, but I did manage to find them twice and once killed both of one group. Several different groups were doing this.

5 times were against multiple people that seemed to be set up for killing invaders. Usually had matching gear or weapons. For example, one was a host with 3 phantoms all with identical gear and dark swords. All they did was spam r1.

2 were against people standing at the fire interested in a duel. FUN!

Definitely not alot of fun at all. People are more interested in trolling than actually fighting it seems. I can definitely see why many people say fuck it and don't bother with invasions in that kind of environment.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Invasions after the game is out of the new phase is a shit show of meta build memes and people making YouTube videos.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
PVP invasions around 20 with a +1 or +2 weapon in undead settlement still seem to be fun but after that it's just dark swords everywhere. Cathedral of the deep can be pretty good too but I usually feel like a dick and avoid it because its just too easy to get the drop on them with spook.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's ALWAYS 3 v 1 , I usually invade at the Twin Dragon area right before the dragonslayer. Always 3 v 1 and if you kill their friends they always summon the same guys over and over.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Doing NG+, the DLC and lower chalice dungeons has made me decide Bloodborne is my favorite Souls due to the versatile weapons, quick stepping, rally, and the whole Lovecraftian thing.

Or at least it would be if it played at 60 fps. That's the gut punch.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Diverse weapons? By that you mean Halberd until you get Ludwigs to faceroll through the rest of the game, right? Bloodborne had many interesting things about it that appealed to certain crowds, but weapon diversity was not one of them.

Anyhow, after three runs through DS3, I went back and did a pure sorcery run of DS2. I even bonfire boosted the spider boss to get the MLGS, which while not as freakishly ridiculous as in DS1 and DS3 was still pretty amazing (I got bored of the Dragonslayer Spear pretty early). The Ivory King was the hardest thing to complete, due to the guy having outrageously high resists in every area, but I was able to do the entire game with occasional NPC phantom help in about a week. I still think DS2 was better, partly due to the frame rate advantage and more elaborate zones / diverse enemies compared to DS3 (comparing just base game here) and the armored boss guy spam really only starts up massively in the DLC. The Umbral covenant boss was probably my favorite one from the base game and the poison dragon in the first DLC area is my favorite overall. The two areas that DS3 have DS2 beaten out are Nameless King and easy vendor access. There were two zones that had fun exploratory layouts in DS3, but they were really early in the game and the entire thing suffered from a lot of linearity, overall.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So newest patch buffed greatswords and slightly nerfed estoc/dark sword. Also buffed sorcery a bit again. Pretty great patch.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Diverse weapons? By that you mean Halberd until you get Ludwigs to faceroll through the rest of the game, right? Bloodborne had many interesting things about it that appealed to certain crowds, but weapon diversity was not one of them.

Anyhow, after three runs through DS3, I went back and did a pure sorcery run of DS2. I even bonfire boosted the spider boss to get the MLGS, which while not as freakishly ridiculous as in DS1 and DS3 was still pretty amazing (I got bored of the Dragonslayer Spear pretty early). The Ivory King was the hardest thing to complete, due to the guy having outrageously high resists in every area, but I was able to do the entire game with occasional NPC phantom help in about a week. I still think DS2 was better, partly due to the frame rate advantage and more elaborate zones / diverse enemies compared to DS3 (comparing just base game here) and the armored boss guy spam really only starts up massively in the DLC. The Umbral covenant boss was probably my favorite one from the base game and the poison dragon in the first DLC area is my favorite overall. The two areas that DS3 have DS2 beaten out are Nameless King and easy vendor access. There were two zones that had fun exploratory layouts in DS3, but they were really early in the game and the entire thing suffered from a lot of linearity, overall.
Diversity and versatility aren't the same thing, but yeah you're right. Even so, you can make the same argument for DS games where there is 95% shit weapons and everyone uses the rest.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Well, farming thoose Concords and Shackles was a bitch(Took about a week at an hr/day) Waiting Three weeks for my PS4 to get fixed really sucked just needed rings at that point..

rrr_img_135874.png

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I finished Demon Souls last Jan ~ the HD on my PS3 started dieing at this point, valley of defilement was a ton of fun when sections of the world wouldn't load in right...

So, I'm slowly going for platinum. I'm one sorcery spell short from Mastery. Being a bloodborne guy, I went for the moonlight greatsword rather than the sorcery spell.

Do I need to wait until ng to get another Oceiros soul? Or, can I help another player beat the boss and get a soul that way?

33/34 sorceries, need this one!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So, I'm slowly going for platinum. I'm one sorcery spell short from Mastery. Being a bloodborne guy, I went for the moonlight greatsword rather than the sorcery spell.

Do I need to wait until ng to get another Oceiros soul? Or, can I help another player beat the boss and get a soul that way?

Pretty sure you gotta play again. NG+ is pretty much a joke though, you will fly through it compared to NG

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

You can make Ocerios the 3rd boss you fight. In NG+ it'll probably take you longer to get the tree for the kiln then Ocerios.