Dark Souls 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
hbqiS6U4Jtvc2pVzpFj4ck.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So, a year after beating Gwyn and Ariandel, I finally decided to try an conquer Ringed City DLC. I had been using Exile Greatsword for most of this run which absolutely sucked for the Murkmen at the beginning, so I farmed up a Lothric Greatsword. Wow, what a difference, this thing is baller. The move set is so much nicer.

Took me a while, but I finally made it to Earthen Peak Ruins, lol.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
MLGS build letme faceroll most of that zone aside from the stupid havel clone.

Evernothing

I've never used it. The Heavy attack beam is that good?

Maybe I will make a Pyromancer build to use it.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its handy, plus its a fast animation overhead chop, so great on lots of bosses. Its stat demands are far less as well. Full power r2 in close is one of the single most damaging hits in the game, w 50 int and sorcery boosting gear.

Evernothing

Midir down after many attempts.

Spear of the Church killed on first attempt. I might have to revive it offline to try out Halflight.

Gael, 2 attempts so far. Got him to 2nd stage, but man he gets fast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I found discovering the dark souls 1 lore during the game a lot more thrilling then pretty much all movies these days. The presentation is just so good.

Praise the sun is a great example of that.

I am sure the industry will destroy the team and people that made this series, because noone (of importance) in the industry likes people that show customers its still possible to make good games if you work hard enough.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Midir was, for my money, the hardest boss in the game, bar none. Basically, you HAVE to stun him to have any real chance in the fight solo, which means standing near his mouth and guessing right a lot (since the camera fucks you). If anything the NPC summon makes it worse since she fucks over his pattern.

Gael is mostly about the timing and recognizing his weird charge moves. He basically moves more like a BB boss than a Souls boss. I found the overhead chop and shot of the MLGS somewhat helpful in that battle since he mostly uses jumping moves in the second part. Once you know his moves in phase two and have a vertical attack of some kind, he is a lot easier. Was still a cool send off and end to the series. No other has ever come close to capturing the feel and balance of the Souls games.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Midir down after many attempts.

Spear of the Church killed on first attempt. I might have to revive it offline to try out Halflight.

Gael, 2 attempts so far. Got him to 2nd stage, but man he gets fast.

I killed so many people as a Spear of the Church. I'm not even into the pvp of the series but I really enjoyed that aspect of the game.

Midir was definitely the hardest for me in DS3.

Gael is weak to frost. Since I played a strength build and used Vordts Mace and a Great Heavy Mace all game I absolutely destroyed him.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Playing with sellsword twinblades and Sister Freide was by far the hardest for me. Midir was easy when I stopped using camera lock, took 10ish attempts maybe. Gael just wasn't that hard at all and got him 2nd attempt.

• 1Like

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I need something to hold me over til a new soulsborne game appears on the horizon.

Are there any games like this, that aren't Soulsborne?

Key points for me:

Action RPG
Combat being at least SLIGHTLY more tactical than "hit attack with face until everything is dead"
Build Diversity; The game allowing me to build and customize the way I fight, to fit my play style (sorcery, or a big ass sword? YOU CHOOSE)

I play Monster Hunter Games, but anything else?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I need something to hold me over til a new soulsborne game appears on the horizon.

Are there any games like this, that aren't Soulsborne?

Key points for me:

Action RPG
Combat being at least SLIGHTLY more tactical than "hit attack with face until everything is dead"
Build Diversity; The game allowing me to build and customize the way I fight, to fit my play style (sorcery, or a big ass sword? YOU CHOOSE)

I play Monster Hunter Games, but anything else?

Have you tried NIOH?