Dark Souls

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am a Sorcerer and have a question about armor. Right now I am wearing the Elite Knight set (I just picked up the Black Iron set too) and using the Havel ring to keep my rolling decent. I am could free up a ring slot if I went to a lighter armor but I don't see any benefit to doing so other than that. Is there something I am missing here?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Fashion souls is best souls.

Wear whatever looks prettiest because it honestly doesn't really matter until the very, very end game and even then only if you want to be an asshole in pvp.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Fashion souls is best souls.

Wear whatever looks prettiest because it honestly doesn't really matter until the very, very end game and even then only if you want to be an asshole in pvp.

Does the Poise and Physical protection not matter? It seems like the protection might have saved me a couple times but I don't have anything to compare it to.

You guys might recognize this spot.

iMBzCvG.png

DMPAobC.png

SBYof8j.png

iMBzCvG.png

DMPAobC.png

SBYof8j.png

Last edited:

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
My experience going from my sell sword armor to full lothric knight set made very little difference in protection. I can take maybe a couple more hits, but I still get staggered. I also have low carrying weight so my roll sucks ass at 80-90% ratio. I get hit way less anyway just having a better roll, so just stay below 70% ratio and wear whatever you want.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The thing with armor is that at some point you take so much damage, you lose more than half your hp from a single hit in heavy armor, but you're not a 1 hit kill with light armor yet, and at that point the armor is completely irrelevant because you can't get hit twice anyways.

If you want to tank instead of dodge, go naked with a 100% greatshield.

Being able to avoid hits is far more important than being able to survive being hit, and it's better to learn that in NG rather than later.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Well I played Bloodborne first so I already have a tendancy to dodge rather than block. Being a caster I can ignore most of this though, a bit of dodging then light them the fuck up. Worked pretty well so far. I think I am going to switch to a light armor then and change out my ring.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Just killed those assholes Executioner Smaugh and Dragonslayer Ornstein.

Some slight spoilers via picture below, but not really.

758Fn1C.png

Xwd9AlZ.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
damn dude, you are making me want to play this again, Stop it! I'm trying to clear out my backlog :p

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Grats on O&S! The bumping of this thread reminded me of my own problems with them, as that was the last activity in here. Funny enough, I had taken a break of like 5 months, and when I came back to them I one-shot them and continued on through DS1, DS2, and Bloodborne, all of a sudden understanding how to play the game and not suck. Eventually it just clicks.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I always was a fan of the Gold-Hemmed Black armor set in DS1. Good resistances and very light.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Grats on O&S! The bumping of this thread reminded me of my own problems with them, as that was the last activity in here. Funny enough, I had taken a break of like 5 months, and when I came back to them I one-shot them and continued on through DS1, DS2, and Bloodborne, all of a sudden understanding how to play the game and not suck. Eventually it just clicks.

It's funny how terrible the game starts out because you have no idea what you are doing. You just get slaughtered a lot. But you keep at it and suddenly it clicks.

Playing a sorcerer first was a wise choice. It makes the game considerably easier. I did 2 or 3 attempts on O&S getting O down to 10% each time. Then I decided to bring in the Sunbro since I read he needs to be summoned 3 times for his quest and we killed them the first go around.

Did the catacombs today. The skeleton wheels and respawning skeletons were a pain in my dick. But cleared it all out I think.

Also made my Moonlight Butterfly Horn.

89I5COh.png

Sz3gPfp.png

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
While I thought they were cool I was kinda disappointed when I one-shot them on my playthrough of the game after hearing friends and others talk them up so much for how hard they were.

• 1Smuggly

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kinda funny, I'm building a new rig no later than March and all my bros are asking me what I'm gonna play. First order of business - Dark Souls 1, at a million fps. PS3 is dead, laptop is fast but annoying, desktop is also too annoying in its current state.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I always felt like summons were a crutch. GG never finishing any questlines!

Yeah I had never summoned anyone up till this point. I was watching these two retards on YouTube Dante and Holly play through and they mentioned the three summons for his quest line.