Dark Souls

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, I still haven't gotten too far in Sekiro so I don't know too much about it. Still want to get to it by the end of the year. Strikes me as a game that'll take me a while to get into, then suddenly be my favorite game ever. Like Bloodborne was.

I finished it and enjoyed it, but at no point was it my favorite game. Had no real desire to play it like the game wanted me to.

Ended up saying fuck this parry bullshit and did a lot of hit and run on the biggest bullshit bosses, which worked but felt cheap

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Finished my first ever run through of DS2. I went into this with low expectations since there seems to be many that didn't like this one, but I gotta say I loved it. I'd put my rankings at:

1. DS
2. DS2
3. Bloodborne
4. Elden Ring
5. DS3

Let's be honest tho. They're all fantastic.

Still have to play Demon Souls and Sekiro

• 7Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 7 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finished my first ever run through of DS2. I went into this with low expectations since there seems to be many that didn't like this one, but I gotta say I loved it. I'd put my rankings at:

1. DS
2. DS2
3. Bloodborne
4. Elden Ring
5. DS3

Let's be honest tho. They're all fantastic.

Still have to play Demon Souls and Sekiro

You might want to play both versions of Demon Souls (PS3 and PS5) since they're so different in tone and atmosphere. They feel like different games.

Probably the PS3 version first to get the most out of both.

I'd leave Sekiro for last, cause it isn't really a Soulsborne.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm just slogging through Sekiro. Not a fan. Wish Bloodborne and Demon Souls would come out for PC.

Sekiro is something people either really like or really don't like. I like that it demands your full attention while playing, because so few games do that anymore. At the same time, that's the main thing keeping me from doing more with it. Feels like I gotta set aside like a week where I'm not doing anything else in order to get gud at it. I appreciate that stuff like that exists though. What I would have liked is if there were more ways to play it, like if it facilitated playing more like Bloodborne and only demanded parry skills in NG+ onward or something. Cause as it is, I also want to do hit and run attacks and it feels like the game wasn't designed for that.

Lenthan

Trakanon Raider
Sekiro is something people either really like or really don't like. I like that it demands your full attention while playing, because so few games do that anymore. At the same time, that's the main thing keeping me from doing more with it. Feels like I gotta set aside like a week where I'm not doing anything else in order to get gud at it. I appreciate that stuff like that exists though. What I would have liked is if there were more ways to play it, like if it facilitated playing more like Bloodborne and only demanded parry skills in NG+ onward or something. Cause as it is, I also want to do hit and run attacks and it feels like the game wasn't designed for that.
Yeah, I've liked all the Dark Souls and Elden Ring but rarely parry. Gwyn notwithstanding. I'll play Sekiro at some point just to do it, but I doubt I'll touch it ever again.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Parry is for faggot French frogs and queer ass Spaniards. Real men just chop dat ass relentlessly.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Parry is for queer ass Spaniards

1661835603338.png

"Shithead."

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm always so over-leveled for Gwyn I just face tank him the way God intended

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
yall parry is literally the easiest thing in sekero. you just spam right mouse vaguely around the time you expect to be hit. there is literally not a timing componant. people call it sword pumping or sword dancing. your guy will look like he's having a stroke but it works every time you actually CAN parry. grats i just beat sekiro for you.

• 2Worf

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I'm just slogging through Sekiro. Not a fan. Wish Bloodborne and Demon Souls would come out for PC.
I never owned a ps3, but I managed to download an emulator and rom for demons souls to play it on my pc

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
yall parry is literally the easiest thing in sekero. you just spam right mouse vaguely around the time you expect to be hit. there is literally not a timing componant. people call it sword pumping or sword dancing. your guy will look like he's having a stroke but it works every time you actually CAN parry. grats i just beat sekiro for you.
blink-182 wtf GIF

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Holy shit ds2 ng± is something else. Didn't expect them to add more mobs 😳

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And invations... plus new wrinkles (and loot) on the boss fights.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Moved on to Demon Souls. What have I gotten myself into.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I always felt that DeS had harder levels/areas but much much easier bosses than DS1-3. I am interested to hear your take.

I agree. Just remember to die in Nexus (and re-nerf your HP) every time you defeat a boss. You never want to be in un-nerfed HP form because deaths in that form will make the world you're in tougher. The hardest level I've ever played in a Souls game was World 4 of DeS with the world difficulty cranked all the way up. I ended up quitting when I got to the 4-2 boss and lost, despite it being an easy boss, because I was so wound-up. Decided to reroll at that point to unfuck my world tendencies. Which turned out to be a good call because my second build ended up being much more fun.

Basically, get the Cling Ring in 1-1, never take it off, never die with normal HP in a level.

• 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Started as Barbarian. Hit like a truck but was getting smoked if caught off guard.
Switched to Knight so I could sword and board.
Used up all my fire bombs before getting to phalanx.
Farmed fire pots until I realized theres a vendor.
Ruined Phalanx's shit.
The graphics and combat feel tight in this remake. Was it good feeling combat in the original?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Started as Barbarian. Hit like a truck but was getting smoked if caught off guard.
Switched to Knight so I could sword and board.
Used up all my fire bombs before getting to phalanx.
Farmed fire pots until I realized theres a vendor.
Ruined Phalanx's shit.
The graphics and combat feel tight in this remake. Was it good feeling combat in the original?

It had its moments, but the remake does a great job as it's on better hardware the PS3 is so gimped it's almost laughable how bad it gets..

Also halberds 4 life.